• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Dakota Drought…2022

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

furrow

could you put up the same map for a year earlier and for 2019?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      furrow

Reminds me of 2002…

Time will tell!

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        furrow

I could not pull that up on that site . Just 2-3 year rolling , not year specific .
        Maybe someone else can show that ?

Comment

Here; you can play with the departure all the way back to 2013

https://search.open.canada.ca/openmap/7b817d93-f34d-4aa8-8658-d9abe9d84a8f

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            I could not pull that up on that site . Just 2-3 year rolling , not year specific .
            365 day departure from average - to March 31

Click image for larger version

Name:	Drought.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	773249

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              speaking of that , i wonder where 101 went ?

Comment

Thanks Larry, that’s one ugly map for 2022. Hope we can put a bit of colour in that map before fall.

Comment

Where exactly is that island of blue located, seems near Regina,,, but which direction from Regina?

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                    Where exactly is that island of blue located, seems near Regina,,, but which direction from Regina?
                    S/F area down to Farmahloic’s possibly?

Comment

Map is wildly inaccurate for this area. In every year too. Am I the only one who doesn’t take these maps as gospel?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                        Map is wildly inaccurate for this area. In every year too. Am I the only one who doesn’t take these maps as gospel?
                        Lol , not gospel but very close for 90% of the area ?
                        Your area is definitely an anomaly.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
                          South of the city. We have lakes in the fields.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            To my knowledge Environment Canada has no stations that record data anywhere in the NE?
                            No Melfort Tisdale Nipawin that I can find.

Hard to provide accurate precipitation maps if you can't see how much it rained last week.

Something Les Henry points out when he questions their climate change numbers. They just extrapolate it from a few stations.
                            Last edited by shtferbrains; Apr 5, 2022, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                              To my knowledge Environment Canada has no stations that record data anywhere in the NE?
                              No Melfort Tisdale Nipawin that I can find.

Hard to provide accurate precipitation maps if you can't see how much it rained last week.

Something Les Henry points out when he questions their climate change numbers. They just extrapolate it from a few stations.
                              Not to mention human settlement popping up around these historical weather stations which were once in the country. The city heat island effect spikes temps in urban environments substantially. Temperature variation from my place to the local city varies 2 degrees consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                                Not to mention human settlement popping up around these historical weather stations which were once in the country. The city heat island effect spikes temps in urban environments substantially. Temperature variation from my place to the local city varies 2 degrees consistently.
                                This is a very important consideration but unfortunately is never accounted for because it doesn't fit the narrative. Trust the science. I remember hearing that somewhere else....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...