• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is where I question why companies like the giant farm investor clubs and to a larger extent, companies like Blackrock and Vanguard taking on massive amounts of debt. Blackrock holds billions in actual home properties, not MBS. Its like a rerun of 2008 but this time these companies are taking out the hard assets. instead of paper.

Are they betting on a debt jubilee/monetary reset?

Comment

Yes i have rented them each a couple to start and they still have jobs in the city and education to finish.

Skippy has a plan and it doesn't include farmers.

Comment

V packers are short of in supply.

On a boat they think hood thing I have a pallet of round in case they split

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Yes i have rented them each a couple to start and they still have jobs in the city and education to finish..
          You must have been pretty young when you had your family.

I will be lucky to see my kids graduate from university.

Comment

A question for those of you who think Canada is an economic basket case and will be bankrupt soon. Why is Canada one of just 11 nations in the world who Standard and Poor's top AAA credit score? Even the US did not get that highest credit rating. Canada also got high credit ratings from Fitch and Moodie's this year.

The 11 countries with AAA credit ratings from S&P in 2021: 1 Germany 2 Australia 3 Canada 4 Switzerland 5 Denmark 6 Liechtenstein 7 Luxembourg 8 Netherlands 9 Norway 10 Sweden 11. Singapore

Comment

Maybe because we have the third most abundant natural resources in the world?

It is beyond imagination that even poor government can not take advantage of that?

Why do you think we have maintained that assesment?

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                A question for those of you who think Canada is an economic basket case and will be bankrupt soon.
                Watch the Big Short. Those ratings agencies all rated americas housing market as AAA in 2006. We all know what happened after that.

Show me a country that has recovered from 300% debt to GDP? Those countries in Europe saved themselves by creating a currency bloc. USD is reserve currency so it can take a lot of debt.

But Canada is not part of that. We are totally exposed. We just about defaulted in 1996. Does any one thin out finances are in better shape now?

For Canada to keep its AAA rating it will have to sacrifice its credit markets. And the result is the same. Cost of capital doubling.
                Last edited by jazz; Mar 31, 2022, 11:41.

Comment

Just one of the farms frustration

Nov delivery Faba's contract finally gets the call to haul just when the roads and yard turn to slop. 6 inches of fresh wet sloppy snow to add to the mess plus road bans.

Comment

Is there much demand for Fabas ? I seen awhile ago that the Olymel price board dropped bids at all locations.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	228F4626-9223-468F-BD9B-2FD1ACC083F6.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	773242

Started cleaning trucks up from winter hauling, warm enough.

Cleaners start next week.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                        Maybe because we have the third most abundant natural resources in the world?

It is beyond imagination that even poor government can not take advantage of that?

Why do you think we have maintained that assesment?
                        As long as this country is being run by the Eastern Woke Blokes, Canada will struggle to survive. Sad but true!

Comment

Went to a Walmart mega superstore in Vegas yesterday , only empty shelves were pasta . Asked an employee, said they can’t get any.

Comment

I have a question does the average farmer feel he/she is getting their money out of our check-off dollars. For me it's a hard No!

Comment

I have a question does the average farmer feel he/she is getting their money out of our check-off dollars. For me it's a hard No!
                              They haven't done much for years and don't question it...they are like pouty little kids.

The only prerequisite for most of the guys on boards is someone is taking care of their inherited farm while they play board member.

I have asked questions and been told my letters have been essentially thrown in the garbage.

Comment

At my age it's just a no.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...