• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat is on fire!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export bans/licenses put on the Ukraine today: Wheat, Corn, Sunflower oil. Serious concern domestic Ukraine market runs out of food.

Chicken and Eggs also had Export bans/licenses put on the Ukraine today as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
      Export bans/licenses put on the Ukraine today: Wheat, Corn, Sunflower oil. Serious concern domestic Ukraine market runs out of food.

Chicken and Eggs also had Export bans/licenses put on the Ukraine today as well.
      Waiting for the open tonight!

Comment

Biggest risk no electricity?

If you had no electricity in your yard or in town where you got stuff fixed and hauled grain to?

Comment

If you new Russia was going to take your grain and pay you in Rubles at their price, would you harvest it? Are they going to force them?

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
            I’d be very surprised if there is no electricity for long periods of time but if so farmers are pretty creative. I’m sure they have plenty of generators around if needed. I assume there are a lot of very big state of the art farms there as well.
            People seem to think they are still using a horse and plow.
            Look it up.

They can't sell to foreigners.

Yer freind Putin is taking over all the power production.
            Last edited by shtferbrains; Mar 6, 2022, 19:23.

Comment

New crop is approaching $12
              Maybe some areas are there already.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                I didn’t expect you to be one of the ones putting words in my mouth. Ouch

Do does the at mean their will be no power, I doubt it. If so it won’t be indefinite.
                Interesting that Dec22 Kansas Wheat (CPS for CDNs) is $10.95 vs $10.60 Dec22 Min Spring Wheat.
                Chicago Dec22 WHT is $10.33… for Soft Wheat… all big prices.

Corn still may be the sleeper… it could be the shortest supply if any problems occur in the US this summer… that could drive the whole grain complex crazy… Beware of Export Licenses … which our grain merchants are obviously dealing with in the Ukrainian grain supply… today.

Uncharted volatility…. But the opportunity to actually sell may convoluted and distorted.

Many Blessings as you travel this sod (dirt/farm) this year… wisdom and patience.

God Bless

Comment

Interesting that Dec22 Kansas Wheat (CPS for CDNs) is $10.95 vs $10.60 Dec22 Min Spring Wheat.
                  Chicago Dec22 WHT is $10.33… for Soft Wheat… all big prices.

Corn still may be the sleeper… it could be the shortest supply if any problems occur in the US this summer… that could drive the whole grain complex crazy… Beware of Export Licenses … which our grain merchants are obviously dealing with in the Ukrainian grain supply… today.

Uncharted volatility…. But the opportunity to actually sell may convoluted and distorted.

Many Blessings as you travel this sod (dirt/farm) this year… wisdom and patience.

God Bless
                  WTI $125/B
                  Brent $130/B

Going Ballistic

Dec22 Kansas WHT over $11/bu

Comment

WTI $125/B
                    Brent $130/B

Going Ballistic

Dec22 Kansas WHT over $11/bu
                    The world sat back and let this happen.... it all played out right in front of all of us .
                    They knew it was going to happen and did nothing

Comment

The perfect storm was laid out for all to bear ... let’s stifle North American oil and gas , push the green agenda way too far , enter a pandemic and pretend Russia had no objective to capitalize on an extreme week western leadership.... who woulda thunk ??
                      Hearts go out to all the Ukrainian average citizens caught in this complex political b/s .

And remember, build back better, you will own nothing and be happy ... Uncle Klaus

Comment

I would take $10 wheat and 1/2 the cost of fertilizer , fuel and herbicide all day long .....
                        The risk of growing this crop is becoming exponentially historically burdensome every day . And I have been doing this for only 30 years . God help us if we have no crop
                        Last edited by furrowtickler; Mar 7, 2022, 00:01.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          I would take $10 wheat and 1/2 the cost of fertilizer , fuel and herbicide all day long .....
                          The risk of growing this crop is becoming exponentially historically burdensome every day . And I have been doing this for only 30 years . God help us if we have no crop
                          The weaponization of Oil…

Gold was over $2000

US unilateral banning of Russian oil…

Covid hitting China…

Putin ‘War will Continue’…

UN 1.5M Refugees in 10 days 1M to Poland…

Comment

Sold my first wheat this morning, noticed that a couple of the grain companies have now raised their basis to over three dollars a big change from last week. Basis is still not that great when you consider that Minny wheat is in usd. Looking like grain companies wanting to compete for whats left from last year’s drought.

Comment

I'm not sure of all grain companies but Cargill is using September futures for old crop HRS. Be careful out there.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                                The world sat back and let this happen.... it all played out right in front of all of us .
                                They knew it was going to happen and did nothing
                                Almost like they wanted it to happen! ???

(high oil prices are the only way to make green energy somewhat viable and cost effective)

(making the cost of living more expensive = more families reliant on government support)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...