• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Admin enough with politics and vax BS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't like the too and fro of social media discussion sites then find somewhere else to express your point of views. We know alot of you don't like being challenged with other points of views. If you don't like it too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      If you don't like the too and fro of social media discussion sites then find somewhere else to express your point of views. We know alot of you don't like being challenged with other points of views. If you don't like it too bad.
      I think they’re just questioning why you are on a farm forum yet you have never started a farm related thread or rarely post on one ?
      Just trying to simplify it for you
      Hope that helps ?

Comment

Initially I used to believe pointing out what I viewed as mistakes backed up with actual fact would actually bring people around to my viewpoint. What I have discovered from my own experience is that when somebody continually tries to push his opposing viewpoint in my direction it simply makes me more hardened in my own view. There is no doubt that social media discussions create more disagreement and division. Chuck2, you are a perfect example, to some extent I appreciate you posts because it reminds me why I would never support the NDP or for that matter how much I disagree with left of centre political thinking. So yes you are providing a service just not the one you think you are.

Comment

So are you asking all the posters on this site to post only ag issues and no politics, social issues or covid?

How you going to enforce that?

And energy is a commodity. I am a consumer and a producer so as I see it it fits under commodities.

Comment

I have an ability to scroll over long cut and paste posts after I get the basic understanding of the article.

What I look for is both sides to debate what is said and try to make an informed decision on the conversation.

The right isn't always wrong and the left isn't always right.

Most are somewhere between to keep their sanity.

Unfortunately, for the most part, everything talked about affects farmer's bottom line in one way or another.

Bottom line I can pick and choose the threads I want to participate in. Its pretty good overall and I don't have to go for coffee anywhere to talk or read (listen) .

The local dealerships should have learnt a long time ago free coffee is the best investment they could make , too bad the salesmen don't get out of their office to listen.

Comment

How about a page is creating for just commodity marketing discussion? There is one already?

I almost miss the old wheat board days when you argued the superiority of the CWB over the bad open market. At least it was marketing discussion. Hell why don't you tell us why we should all buy memberships in the NFU? That would be a fun discussion. You should be broadcasting some of the kooky ideas that the NFU want. It would be more entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                Initially I used to believe pointing out what I viewed as mistakes backed up with actual fact would actually bring people around to my viewpoint. What I have discovered from my own experience is that when somebody continually tries to push his opposing viewpoint in my direction it simply makes me more hardened in my own view. There is no doubt that social media discussions create more disagreement and division. Chuck2, you are a perfect example, to some extent I appreciate you posts because it reminds me why I would never support the NDP or for that matter how much I disagree with left of centre political thinking. So yes you are providing a service just not the one you think you are.
                Fine with me. Because occasionally I get quite a bit of support and probably quiet agreement. And I don't expect much support at all on this site full of the most vocal rightwingers anyway. But it never hurts to point out their BS, lies and hypocrisy. If you don't like that then set up your own site of the like minded.

Agrisilly is like going to coffee shop to discuss the days events and news. Do you only let the guys that you agree with say anything? Good luck with that! LOL
                Last edited by chuckChuck; Mar 1, 2022, 09:06.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  I think they’re just questioning why you are on a farm forum yet you have never started a farm related thread or rarely post on one ?
                  Just trying to simplify it for you
                  Hope that helps ?
                  I struggle to understand why Chuck, Tweety etc. chose an agricultural site to come and spread their wisdom?
                  What did we do to deserve their expertise?

Considering that the topics they are so passionate about never seem to have any relevance, or even any attempt to connect with ag, why not join,for example, a knitting forum, and regale their members with their infinite knowledge on topics irrelevant to wool and knitting and mittens.

Comment

Fine with me. Because occasionally I get quite a bit of support and probably quiet agreement. And I don't expect much support at all on this site full of the most vocal rightwingers anyway. But it never hurts to point out their BS, lies and hypocrisy. If you don't like that then set up your own site of the like minded.

Agrisilly is like going to coffee shop to discuss the days events and news. Do you only let the guys that you agree with say anything? Good luck with that! LOL
                    You don't go to the coffee shop do you Chuck?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                      You don't go to the coffee shop do you Chuck?
                      He uses this statement as if he knows what it means:
                      to discuss the days events and news

There is a difference between discuss and preach.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        He uses this statement as if he knows what it means:
                        to discuss the days events and news

There is a difference between discuss and preach.
                        A little preachy and judgemental are you?

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                          A little preachy and judgemental are you?
                          Don't take it personally. You contribute a lot to agricultural topics here.
                          Meanwhile, a day later, and Chuck still can't find the last time he started a thread related to commodity marketing.

Maybe you can help him to prove me wrong.
                          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Mar 1, 2022, 10:05.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            I struggle to understand why Chuck, Tweety etc. chose an agricultural site to come and spread their wisdom?
                            What did we do to deserve their expertise?

Considering that the topics they are so passionate about never seem to have any relevance, or even any attempt to connect with ag, why not join,for example, a knitting forum, and regale their members with their infinite knowledge on topics irrelevant to wool and knitting and mittens.
                            When farmers support breaking the law, racism, white supremacy, and generally publicly embarrassing the industry, it is my business. So piss off with your censorship.

You have shown to completely lack the ability to research what is going on, so maybe you need to comment on the mittens

Comment

Sure thing Cathy.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                                When farmers support breaking the law, racism, white supremacy, and generally publicly embarrassing the industry, it is my business. So piss off with your censorship.

You have shown to completely lack the ability to research what is going on, so maybe you need to comment on the mittens
                                So in other words, someone is wrong on the internet, and you are on a mission to correct them. An admirable goal. I'm not sure if you grasp the full scope of the mission you have taken on. There is a lot of incorrect information on the internet.
                                For example, you just referred to the trucker convoy as racists. Whereas the federal government has now giving up on that label, and has moved on to call them r a pists instead.
                                So either you, or the federal government is now guilty of spreading fake news. Are you going to take on that battle too?

But your response in no way answered my question. Why did you choose this specific forum on this specific website as the hill to die on where you are going to correct all misinformation? Brian t used to be on the combine forum too, and they are talking about truckers convoy, how did you choose agriville instead of combine forum to share your wisdom? The convoy also contained a lot of truckers, oilfield workers, RV owners, small business owners, outdoor enthusiasts etc, how did you choose to educate Farmers instead of any of those other groups, they must have their own forums as well don't they?
                                What made this group of farmers so special that we deserved your undivided attention?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...