• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mud flap warning?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mud flap warning?

Got stopped and given a mud flap warning on our Yukon XL yesterday on the way to Regina.

It has never had a mud flap. I told them so. Didn’t matter. I guess it needs mud flaps. Watch those mud flaps that don’t exist. Wow.

I don’t think so, Tim!

Perhaps it was just a misunderstanding. Maybe they were making a subtle hint that you should be using your vehicle to make a political statement. I'm sure there must be some mud flaps with Trudeau's name and a four letter word on them being sold in western Canada by now?

Comment

Been law for many years.

I’ve measured mine on 3 vehicles, none meet their rules.
      Last edited by Herc; Feb 15, 2022, 12:03.

Comment

So there is an overhang measurement. Distance from center of wheel to rear of bumper, has to be greater than three times the height of rear bumper.

My measurements were 51” and 15”.

Looks like they are wrong on this.

Vehicle either needs a body overhang, or mud flaps.

Comment

Yukon XL you might be ok as it has a long rear end.

Alot of 3/4 and one ton the flaps are too high. Shocker because when they are low and you load them up they touch the ground, who wants that.

There was alot of stories on mudflaps a few years ago. Guy buys new truck without flaps, gets a ticket. Dealerships and manufacturers are not responsible to make sure their vehicles meet the laws of the province….
          Last edited by Herc; Feb 15, 2022, 12:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
            Got stopped and given a mud flap warning on our Yukon XL yesterday on the way to Regina.

It has never had a mud flap. I told them so. Didn’t matter. I guess it needs mud flaps. Watch those mud flaps that don’t exist. Wow.

I don’t think so, Tim!
            You must be in a low crime rate area if thats all the cops have to do. Please send them here to Manitoba we will keep them busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
              You must be in a low crime rate area if thats all the cops have to do. Please send them here to Manitoba we will keep them busy.
              lol,that was my first thought as well. One would think they have a list of vehicle mosels that generally pass the measurements, and those that may not.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                Think these will pass on for the next Saskatchewan car show.
                [ATTACH]10128[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]10129[/ATTACH]
                Does it have a confederate flag on the roof?….

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...