• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain Markets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain Markets

Are having a good start today
    Wheat back at $12.50 and moving up
    Canola morning up on big strength in soybeans
    We don’t have much after last year but this helps with insane input prices somewhat

Crushers booking may/June..
    Soon that premium will be gone when they fill up..

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
      What’s your best hedge against inflation, a bin full of grain or money in the bank?

Biglentil answered this for us a long time ago. Inflation is not slowing down anytime soon.

Supply chain disruptions just get worse, what stage of the global reset are we at….

What will it take for people to realize what’s going on isn’t a conspiracy theory.

You will own nothing and be happy.
      JFC , there are enough political threads !!!!
      Surely to Christ we can keep one for marketing?
      Last edited by Guest; Feb 10, 2022, 11:29.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        JFC , there are enough political threads !!!!
        Surely to Christ we can keep one for marketing?
        Maybe the commodity threads need to be put in the rural issues….

Comment

Well it seems every time I comment on positive markets they crash oh well it looked promising this morning and tried to change the rhetoric here

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Well it seems every time I comment on positive markets they crash oh well it looked promising this morning and tried to change the rhetoric here
            I know the feeling.

Too often I feel like Agriville's version of the Gartman Indicator......

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              I see what you mean, last time I looked at about they were looking good, now all in the red. Looked like a positive day, now not so much.

Comment

Hasnt it been like that for weeks? Extreme volatility.

Do the funds make money on that?
                Extra for the short seller funds?

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                  Canola will reach a day when crushers are booked all summer and with exports all but dried up that there will be too few bidders left to maintain current prices.

Once that happens, it’s a weather game.
                  No doubt. And if anyone knows exactly which day that is, I would really appreciate some heads up.

Comment

We’ve been picking away at it
                    Gettin nervous ........

Comment

Historically, most of the best returns were always June or July.

It’s mid winter yet!
                      - how many acres are seeded?
                      - emergence?
                      - moisture, soil reserves are 0 from last fall
                      - snow cover is zero to a foot ( 12 inches snow =1 inch of rain). That can evaporate before earth worms see any of it ( with strong winds - out of Mexico and Ottawa) hot air
                      - when will spring start April 1 or 31?
                      - rains generally start in May. If we go through May with no rain = emergency bigger than truck convoys ( or truckers and farmers will have even more time)
                      - markets cannot afford to relax( that’s farmers, bankers, processors, exporters, Liberals, end users, importers, consumers, etc)until July
                      - haven’t mentioned no carry over yet

Canary seed growers are the best at being patient

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...