• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    Thanks for sharing, same as all I know, similar results. Omicold
    I thought it was 0 micron………. No sense in sweating the small stuff😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
      Everyone is basically back to normal. I got a slight cough yet. Everyone except the oldest son got it. They’re going back to school tomorrow after a two week hiatus. I think my wife is the very excited about this😉

Conclusion………non scientific
      Not nearly as bad as a “normal” flu and not worth getting excited over. Vaccinated or not seemed to have no bearing on severity or duration. 🍀

**** End of poo disturbing conversation****
      Our whole family caught it 9 days ago. Anywhere from very mild cold to wtf just hit me. And of course I got it the worst. 2 days of pure hell then all of a sudden like nothing happened, just congested after that. Everyone back to normal 3-6 days after first symptoms. Didn’t check grain prices till tonight. Glad wheat is coming back up.

Comment

Thanks, AGSTAR HAHAHAH

It's winter I hit all the main topics for the week and also the WEAK!

got my cocktail in and stirred the pot a bit.

Well, see what this week brings.

The Trucker's march is interesting maybe some in the east are starting to see skippy isn't that smart.

Comment

What's up with canola crash today?

Comment

Got a new toy for Christmas. My brother practiced up with the ultrasound and ran through all the cows in two days. It’s really nice to be able to go on a nice day instead of gambling a month ahead with booking a vet. Three years it’ll pay for itself and then you don’t mind doing a $300/hr job. Besides my daughter is excited that she won’t need to buy one when she becomes a vet. Still in grade three though………….😉

Loaded out all the open heifers today and filled four liners in an hour. It went great with pretty mellow critters. They are hopefully settled in near Brooks for the next few months. It was busy enough that I never even got a picture.

Now just to figure out what to do with the open cows………… kinda was hoping the price would come back some more but that appears to be a pipe dream? One order buyer apparently swears we’ll see $4 calves this fall. A year ago I was a lot more optimistic than now but who knows? Maybe if corn goes to $3 then cows could get some time in the spotlight…………. We all gotta dream so might as well go big😎

Comment

Does the ultrasound come with training? Or is it very self explanatory? I suppose if you have watched a vet do it in the past it would be intuitive. I wouldn't even know what I was looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Does the ultrasound come with training? Or is it very self explanatory? I suppose if you have watched a vet do it in the past it would be intuitive. I wouldn't even know what I was looking at.
                My missus has a horse stud about 40 hay burners

She does all her own scanning cheap and nasty think $3000 paid it off in no time. Probe screen she gonna have a go at sheep in two months time

Comment

$4 calves Woodland !! I will have to buy my banker a bottle before I tell him that one before loan renewal !

Comment

Yesterday -31 in morning.
                    Today -2 wth wind 40 gusting to 60.

Looks more seasonal for the forcast.

Comment

-30's next week? Seasonal.....not

Comment

The bears are in the wheat this morning.

Comment

Congrats woodland on the ultrasound purchase we’ve had one around for almost a decade one of the best investments the ranch has ever done. My son and daughter taught themselves off the disk the ultrasound company sent with the hardware AB5 and off course the experience of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                            YouTube has almost everything on it.😉 Finding the breds is ten times easier than an open. On our cows since they’re further along mostly you see the placenta buttons on breds or an empty uterus on the opens. We’ve had ultrasounding done here for probably ten years but usually everyone is too busy to watch the monitor. Only thing we should have done different is start with cows where the majority are bred as compared to our heifers where under half were since a bunch of them didn’t run with bulls. Next year will be a lot easier.

Gotta shake things up occasionally 🍀

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	82A1704D-CA23-46EA-A5EE-E09B0554D288.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	772264
                              Well ,,we have snow !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...