• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that info Case. Good to hear that your shop went as planned and is working out. How thick is your cement? 6” so you can drive on it?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C7525789-2216-4DC5-9645-D30DDE218A79.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	772234
      Worked out 5.5” of the highest psi cement
      24” under doors , rebar every sq ft
      More under doors
      Only cracks are where saw cuts end at walls
      Very nice job

Comment

Any snow like that in Jamaica Robert ?

Comment

Not yet ! Waiting for climate change ! Lol. it’s been good . It’s like Groundhog Day here always nice every fricken day !

Comment

Comment

How long till the dreaded test to come home ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                We hauled in 20 (19 yds) loads of fill
                Goodon built 48’x60’ x18’ pole shed shop totally finished with 26’ bifold in 4 days
                They left 16 ‘ overhead door and blown in insulation in attic for a local contractor , whom they paid
                Soon as that door was on we got floor poured
                Better this way cause you can control environment for drying cement
                We let cement go right to outside treated 2”x8” bottom strap (which also has a styrofoam strip on inside of strapping, and also pounded 6” spikes a couple inches into treated poles on three sides thinkin it would help keep poles and cement the same height ? Poles are in 5’ , she’s tough ground here
                Very happy with everything 4.5 yrs later
                Nice shed Case.

I guess there's no excuse for sitting around in the winter now!

Comment

End of week $100 US to clean my nose and touch my brain to get on plane . Then when land in Toronto “free “ test at airport when get off plane such bullshit it’s unreal .

Comment

. And some people from Montreal are okay ! This guy said lots his friends have changed sides can’t believe the steeling!

Comment

Long time ago a guy with a huge old shop told me always build 10 ft wider than you think you need because you will fill the outside around the walls with stuff like cutting tables,welders,tire changers bandsaws, ironworkers,etc as time goes by. All that stuff accumulates over time.
                      Last edited by shtferbrains; Jan 22, 2022, 11:56.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        We hauled in 20 (19 yds) loads of fill
                        Goodon built 48’x60’ x18’ pole shed shop totally finished with 26’ bifold in 4 days
                        They left 16 ‘ overhead door and blown in insulation in attic for a local contractor , whom they paid
                        Soon as that door was on we got floor poured
                        Better this way cause you can control environment for drying cement
                        We let cement go right to outside treated 2”x8” bottom strap (which also has a styrofoam strip on inside of strapping, and also pounded 6” spikes a couple inches into treated poles on three sides thinkin it would help keep poles and cement the same height ? Poles are in 5’ , she’s tough ground here
                        Very happy with everything 4.5 yrs later
                        After we built our barn with shop in 2009, there were a few things I would have done differently. We have an 8' x 8" concrete wall, 4' in ground for foundation and 4' above. I would go 6 ' above, minimum, just because of stopping potential damage from bumps. went with 8" wall with 2 x 8" studs on 24" centers.

The shop has sandwich walls, a good product that works well.

We would have been better putting the loose insulation in the walls over batts, I think.

One thing that I notice is a lot of heat loss under the overhead door, from the in floor heat system. the snow melts on the concrete outside of the door.

Not sure how to stop it, but am thinking that there should have been a strip of blue foam on edge in the concrete just outside the shop door.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                          Nice shed Case.

I guess there's no excuse for sitting around in the winter now!
                          That’s all that’s kept me half assed sane since 2020 LOL

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                            Long time ago a guy with a huge old shop told me always build 10 ft wider than you think you need because you will fill the outside around the walls with stuff like cutting tables,welders,tire changers bandsaws, ironworkers,etc as time goes by. All that stuff accumulates over time.
                            We were gonna go 40 went 48 instead
                            It’s a pretty workable width but 60 long is short for truck and tandem trailer
                            If we get a tridem it will need to be unhooked

Comment

Also nice to have a 12Hx14H door on one end to drive right though with semi or farm wagons that can be hard to back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                                End of week $100 US to clean my nose and touch my brain to get on plane . Then when land in Toronto “free “ test at airport when get off plane such bullshit it’s unreal .
                                From someone's experience, PUT VASELINE up nose before swab ...always NEGATIVE!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...