• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would the federal government do if carbon capture was improved.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That why Moe, Kenney have one then? And Ohtool has one planned?

Comment

Some are not afraid to speak their mind about the climate scaremongers.

Stelter positively gets schooled on his own show:

Comment

I just read an article on Reuters titled “Trash and Burn”. It is all about the use of using ground up plastic as fuel in cement manufacturing plants. 7% of the worlds ghg emissions come from cement production. When you see the pictures of the mountains of waste in Indonesia and they talk about the amount of plastic waste produced and the small percentage which is recycled it opens ones eyes. All this makes what Canada is doing look ridiculously small and shows how little effect it will have on a world wide basis. Canadians no doubt need to be efficient with our resources but reducing our standard of living isn’t going to have any affect on the planet!!

Comment

Can you imagine the plastic sold at Regina Costco every day?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
            Latest B.S. headline from the United Nations on Reuters:”Greenhouse gas levels hit record;world struggles to curb damage.” “ A report by the U.N. World Meteorological Organization(WMO) showed carbon dioxide levels surged to 413.2 parts per million in 2020, rising more than the average rate over the last decade despite a temporary dip in emissions during the Covid-19 lockdowns.” So even though I have read emissions dipped 5-7% around the world during 2020 due to Covid restrictions the level of carbon dioxide rose faster than ever! Cop26 propaganda! Just like the headlines that always state temperatures rising 2-3 times faster than in other countries, but the headlines are in every country. I call B.S!!!! And of course, LOL!

I apologize in advance for the long-winded post. But this s**t makes my blood boil.

So, the UN says we must act quickly to address the issue of climate change.
            One of the goals of the UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) is to mobilize finances in the fight against climate change. The UN says developed countries including Canada must collectively commit $100 billion annually to fight climate change. That's $1 trillion every decade to support the international climate change effort.

I don't have a problem with efforts aimed at cleaning up our act.
            There are roughly 7.9 billion people living on this planet.
            And until someone colonizes Mars, we're all stuck here together.
            So ya, let's cut down on pollution. Let's look for ways to do things smarter and greener. Let's look for alternative energy solutions. Let's reduce greenhouse gases. And let's reduce waste and recycle as much material as we can.

But let's also keep a few things in mind.

The pace of change is important …
            So is the way we encourage change. Don't disrupt global food production. Don't force change upon polluting industries so quickly that it causes economic hardship, displacement and social unrest. Instead, provide incentives for positive and gradual change. Avoid the urge to tear down existing industries and systems too quickly, before there is a proven alternative. And stop blaming farmers! Think about it Greta. We still have 7.9 billion people to feed. I'm not sure if you have the foggiest idea how the global food supply chain works. I suspect you don't. But if we reduce fossil fuel and fertilizer use too quickly and too drastically, a lot of more of the 7.9 billion people on earth people will go hungry. Without fossil fuels to produce and transport food, even your silver spoon will have less food on it.

The experts aren’t always right …
            Climate change models are exactly what they sound like. They are models. They consist of bits and pieces of data and are supported by a set of assumptions, many of which may or may not be accurate. Just like the original COVID-19 models that suggested the fourth wave of infections would be nothing more than a tiny blip, global climate change models are theoretical and unproven. The scientists that create models are no doubt well-educated people who are dedicated to forecasting the future. But like the rest of us, they are prone to errors, misinterpretation and faulty analysis. Some of them are even prone to blind, self-serving ambition. As the goals of COP26 have illustrated, fighting climate change at the UN is now a $100 billion a year industry. Hardly surprising that so many scientists have hitched their horses to that wagon. Don’t get me wrong. Work aimed at prolonging the life expectancy of this planet is commendable. But personally, I would never under-estimate the other forces that are at play here, such as self interest, ambition, corporate influence, money and politics.

People are a lot like sheep …
            When a prevailing idea or cause gains enough momentum, very few people have the guts or common sense to take a step back and question things. And little wonder. Those that dare to question are often ridiculed, ostracized, discredited and portrayed as being uneducated, misinformed or part of the lunatic fringe. The global climate change narrative has gained a lot of momentum over the past decade or so. And today, we have a lot of sheep bleating the climate change gospel from any pulpit they can find. (yes, I'm talking about you Greta, and your many media disciples). But is global climate change really to blame for every severe weather event that happens? I doubt it. After all, the global climate has been changing for a long time. Was the Dust Bowl of the 1930s human induced? How about the Western Canadian winter of 1947? How about the glacial retreat at the end of the last Ice Age about 10 or 15 thousand years ago?

Does all this make me a climate change denier? No. I don't think so.
            I don’t doubt that greenhouse gas emissions have the potential to affect the earth's climate to some degree. But so do solar flares and volcanoes. Yes, I think that we can build a cleaner world if we take steps, over time, to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels. Ultimately, I support efforts to reduce C02 emissions and other greenhouse gases in a sensible and measured way. But excuse me if I look skeptically on all of the BS that has leaked its way into this conversation. When I see a bunch of self-righteous teen-aged climate activists organizing protest marches and telling me and my peers that I'm ruining their world and condemning them to a future of gloom and doom, I can't help thinking: What gives you the right to criticize the decisions and accomplishments of past generations who have built the comfortable world that you’ve inherited? The convictions of Greta and her followers certainly can't be based on experience or education. After all, most of them haven't even graduated from high school yet. And those that have don't have a lick of real-world experience. Earth to Greta: Rome wasn't built in a day. So stop trying to dismantle it in a day. Get off your high horse and think about what you’re saying. Instead or protesting an bashing, be a good little hippy and try growing your all of your own food for a year or two. Try providing your own shelter and heat without the help of fossil fuels. And just for shits and giggles, try doing it somewhere in rural Western Canada. It might give you a different perspective on things.

In my opinion, if we're really concerned about global longevity and the well being of humanity, there are some simple things our governments can do instead of taxing the living bejesus out of food producers. How about spending some of that $100 billion a year on constructing or expanding public transit systems to reduce urban commuter traffic? How about limiting imports of cheap, disposable and toxic consumer goods that are made in China and shipped around the world every day? How about incentivizing domestic processing and manufacturing activities that produce durable, high-quality products that don't end up in a landfill after a couple of years of use? How about buying local food and supporting local businesses instead of Amazon? How about looking at programs that cap global population growth? How about limiting publicly funded air travel on Air Force 1 for weekend vacations to Toffino? And how about holding COP26 as an online event instead of flying in 30,000 delegates from all over the world? That there internet can save a lot of jet fuel.

Comment

Great post HGV. The unfortunate thing is you are trying to inject reason and common sense into the debate, like any fanatical religion climate change cultists are not interested in reason and common sense. If they were they would make Cop26 virtual as you suggest. No risk from Covid, no jet fuel burnt. But the reality is it is about making a big show, just like the televangelists of old. As you say humans are just like sheep and a good percentage about as smart imo. The leaders of Russia, China and India are smart enough to stay away.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...