• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Almost an inch so it's a continuation of operation build back better.
    It’s none of my business SF, but from reading your posts online your soul profile must be close to being recharged??

With that assumption, are you taking advantage of 2022 prices. We haven’t priced anything for 2022 yet but we are dried out bad and will be needing a big/wet snowfall. I would think that if I had a good moisture reserve I’d be pricing some $16+ cnl, $5.50 oats, etc., but with that in mind these buyout story’s from 2021 might have scared me straight lol.

Comment

No, I am not doing any pricing for next fall because I truly believe we need to be at 10 for wheat and 20 for canola to make real money.

They can shove the below numbers being offered right up their ass.

Everything in the world is insane I am not giving them my grain for free.

yes, we're almost back to the full level.

Locking in a profit is 22 canola.

Locking in a profit for wheat is 12.

Comment

15 for wheat, 25 for canola, 40 for flax, 27 for durum, etc etc etc...

If it stays dry there will be very little crop.

Guys threw out 200 pounds at lower priced fertilizer in 2021 to grow a 15bpa crop or less with little rain and zero subsoil moisture.

Looking the current conditions on the west side of province, why would anyone expect much better results for next year.

Comment

Got a inch and 3 tenths out of this and no puddles very nice. Got first soil tests back NPK levels all a bit higher mostly higher phos. likely enough rain for some guys to put the gas in the ground next week.

Comment

only 1/2 inch here. You are lucky OC.🍀

Comment

3/10” in our area, just a slow drizzle yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                only 1/2 inch here. You are lucky OC.🍀
                We have had about 4inch all totaled this fall and late summer. I dont think we got anything last fall. With even just a normal winter we should be going into seeding with good moisture to start.

If there is one thing I know about Sk is that conditions can reverse very rapidly. Most of this years drought was caused by that heat dome anomaly over BC. Soon as that cleared out, storms came in, just too late.

Comment

We got 2/10 from this, that gives us 4.4 inches since seeding Received letter from basf advising not to seed canola,durum,or canary if viper was used this year.May cancel some canola seed, not worth the risk.Whats everyone thoughts on this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                    We got 2/10 from this, that gives us 4.4 inches since seeding Received letter from basf advising not to seed canola,durum,or canary if viper was used this year.May cancel some canola seed, not worth the risk.Whats everyone thoughts on this issue.
                    Same with solo
                    We are seeding Clearfield wheat and using no group 2 at all .

Makes one wonder how much these residual and “non residual “ herbicides actually effect yields even on “normal” years

I never did accept the standard answer of “oh it will just grow out of it “

When “safe” herbicides start limiting crop options , it’s time to move on

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
                      They should have sent out the heads up prior to May 2021. While having weeds isn't great reducing your options for 2022 isn't great either.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        Same with solo
                        We are seeding Clearfield wheat and using no group 2 at all .

Makes one wonder how much these residual and “non residual “ herbicides actually effect yields even on “normal” years

I never did accept the standard answer of “oh it will just grow out of it “

When “safe” herbicides start limiting crop options , it’s time to move on
                        If using any herbicides that have any residual activity you have to be aware of "stacking". If you have a group 2 in your burnoff tank mix,in your in crop broadleaf, and maybe your wild oat control elsewhere in you rotation you may be stacking up group 2 in your rotation causing problems even if individually they are all used acording to lable.
                        Realy shows up when biological activity slows down or stops due to dry topsoil.

Comment

It's been yrs since tires look like this in the fall..

Comment

Got on the cats today and a dozer had fun.

Click image for larger version

Name:	7ADE1031-9304-4322-BF98-C2A5984AFC05.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	771815

Name:	874ABF55-BB3D-4890-B16A-170B9A504B44.jpg
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	771816

Name:	F5C27310-8990-452A-A4FB-E77BCBDA62D8.jpg
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	771817

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              Got on the cats today and a dozer had fun.

[ATTACH]8926[/ATTACH]
                              Now that's my kind of wish you were here type of vacation picture. Instead of a picture of someomes nasty bare feet on a plastic lounge chair sittng on some barren sand looking out on some stinking swampy water.
                              But that might be just me.

Comment

Nice to finish the combining and move onto some other projects.

Getting some bales delivered to keep some other folks bovines happy for the winter. Every hay bale we made this year is sold and even a bunch of carryover from last year. All are regular customers so the prices are up but not $160-180 like i know some others are charging.

Landscaping is ongoing. This knob was too steep to be cleared and a real pain going around. Problem will solved shortly and improved with moving the topsoil back up the hill where it belongs.

Brother is out working down the quarter that was poplars two years ago and it’s starting to resemble a field. Still lots of stumps and roots that may require picking but that’s next year’s problem unless this beautiful weather continues.

Moved the bred heifers into the corn today. Half of the herd moved in and got spooked by the rustling when they ran through the stalks and came back through the fence. After a little sweet talking they all got moved in and were munching on cobs contentedly. Hopefully they don’t overload on the grain since the cobs are the most mature that we’ve had. I worked them up to 10lbs of barley a day so fingers crossed that is good enough.

Looking forward to enjoying my dad’s birthday cake tomorrow. It’s always a great feeling to be done harvest by then.

Almost out of grass so the cows need working and then get them ready for corn. Never dreamed we would still be grazing but all the fencing this summer paid off nicely. So nice to start crossing items off the long list of “to do’s”…….. although it’s still far toooooooo long. At least there’s always next year🍀

Thanks SF for the commitment in doing this weekly endeavour 👍

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...