• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qualifications in the ag sector.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWFarmer View Post
    Local terminal has $14/ bu for new crop #1 CWAD now
    Yeah feel stoopid now too. Unloaded it all at $9.50 last month. Durum has historically fluctuated 75c in a given yr and now it moves $4 in a month.

For AF5, what will you do with any new production that comes off this fall, store another yr or sell it and take the W? I am worried about storing another yr. I dont think prices will go higher in a yr, there will be demand rationing of some type. Or are they going to slip in some $30 futures to entice farmers to take the shot again?

Or just take the sale and put it out of your mind. My instincts are telling me to dump er all this one yr.

if the speculators lose interest or the fed raises interest rates or heave forbid we find another country trying to grow more canola, those prices could evaporate.

Comment

Jazz, I am quite pessimistic prices long-term. In my humble opinion, This isn't the beginning of the next commodity super cycle. Still have a decade or two of the long-term bear market to endure.
      So at some point soon, I will be selling everything possible including possibly some 2022 or even further production if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        Why does Chuck always refer to farmers in the 3rd person?

As for qualifications for media and politicians who comment on agriculture, they are the exact same qualifications that those in the climate change industry (media and politicians) have when distorting the science and the evidence to create an alarmist message targetted at the gullible low information crowd such as the double Chucks of the world.

Most media stories are by people with soft science degrees, creative writing, social justice, etc. almost never in the hard sciences.
        This is pretty rich coming from the guy who said "carbon is just soot". And that we are "going to run low on CO2 if we don't keep burning fossil fuels". And that human caused climate change is not happening. With a record like that you should be careful about setting yourself above others and lecturing the "gullible low information crowd" LOL

You respect David Schindler a world renowned scientist for his excellent science on fresh water, but when he said human caused climate change was going to have a negative impact on fresh water supplies you ignored him. Huh?

So are NASA, NOAA, Environment Canada and all the other scientific organizations that have mountains of research and evidence that human caused climate change is real wrong? Do you lump them in with all the other so called "gullible low information crowd"? LOL

You have failed over and over again to produce any credible scientific organization that says human caused climate change is not happening, or is not a serious threat. That says it all.

Comment

You just take the bait every time don't you.

When did I ever say that human caused climate change isn't real? Quite the opposite in fact.

The discussion is about the distortion of the facts and the science by the media and politicians.

On the climate science file, the media headlines and the political propaganda almost never bare any resemblance to the science they are reporting on.
          Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Jul 25, 2021, 09:06.

Comment

Every time I present evidence from respected scientific organizations about the various impacts of human caused climate change you dispute it and say its wrong or its not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              Every time I present evidence from respected scientific organizations about the various impacts of human caused climate change you dispute it and say its wrong or its not happening.
              No you don't prevent evidence from respected scientific organizations. You present media stories by non scientists who distort and excaggerate the science.

Comment

You just take the bait every time don't you.

When did I ever say that human caused climate change isn't real? Quite the opposite in fact.

The discussion is about the distortion of the facts and the science by the media and politicians.

On the climate science file, the media headlines and the political propaganda almost never bare any resemblance to the science they are reporting on.
                You cannot make that broad sweeping generalization. Because for one thing you can't possibly as an individual, know about all the research that is going on or know about all the media coverage that is happening.

Comment

No you don't prevent evidence from respected scientific organizations. You present media stories by non scientists who distort and excaggerate the science.
                  Bullshit. I often provide links directly to NOAA and NASA and other scientific organizations. These are not respected scientific organizations? LOL You are grasping at straws.
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; Jul 25, 2021, 09:31.

Comment

Bullshit. I often provide links directly to NOAA and NASA and other scientific organizations. These are not respected scientific organizations? LOL You are grasping at straws.
                    Please check the qualifications of the authors then get back to me on that.

Comment

The news is now full of stories about the drought and how bad the crop is on the prairies and the northern plains states this year.

Once harvest is in the bin we will know what happened.

Untill then it's a great time to sell any unpriced grain.
                      Really???? We ll know what happened just like
                      Last year with canola and every other farm
                      commodity Practically. Grain companies and
                      marketers Already talking down prices?
                      How the fuuk Is that? Sign up a contract
                      Now before the price drops and so you can
                      Sell. There is no crop in our area for at least
                      100 miles every direction who the fuuk are they
                      Going to be buying from? Other countries? Lol
                      Isn’t your global warming affecting other
                      Countries or only ours? Lmao!

Comment

A5 give up.

Get your lazy ass off the couch and prove NASA and NOAA wrong and don't worry about who authored all the mountains of research done by NASA and NOAA because they are all smarter, more qualified and more credible than you.

Comment

chuck the experts tell me the oil supercycle will be glorious, thanks to tuned out marxists like yourself. Unless you are like unqualified hypocrite climate czar John Kerry who talks climate change while investing in oil.

But I really must thank you too. You and your ilk are going to put my kids through university.

Anyway keep up the good work. Keep the climate change articles a coming. I really enjoy them.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            Really???? We ll know what happened just like
                            Last year with canola and every other farm
                            commodity Practically. Grain companies and
                            marketers Already talking down prices?
                            How the fuuk Is that? Sign up a contract
                            Now before the price drops and so you can
                            Sell. There is no crop in our area for at least
                            100 miles every direction who the fuuk are they
                            Going to be buying from? Other countries? Lol
                            Isn’t your global warming affecting other
                            Countries or only ours? Lmao!
                            Well there is only 77 million acres of crop land to look at and harvest. So your 100 mile radius represents what percentage?

Why you bitching about the grain markets working against farmers? That's the way the system is designed. You didn't believe that grain companies were going to pass on as much profit as possible to farmers, like many of suckers on Agrisilly did! LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                              chuck the experts tell me the oil supercycle will be glorious, thanks to tuned out marxists like yourself. Unless you are like unqualified hypocrite climate czar John Kerry who talks climate change while investing in oil.

But I really must thank you too. You and your ilk are going to put my kids through university.

Anyway keep up the good work. Keep the climate change articles a coming. I really enjoy them.
                              And Trump won the election and covid is gone! LOL

Comment

A5 give up.

Get your lazy ass off the couch and prove NASA and NOAA wrong and don't worry about who authored all the mountains of research done by NASA and NOAA because they are all smarter, more qualified and more credible than you.
                                I'm not concerned about who authored the actual original research, unless it was Michael Mann or worse, I'm concerned about who wrote the propaganda hit pieces that gets released to the media for for useful idiots like you to disseminate.
                                Try for yourself, read the original papers then read the media headlines that supposedly describe them and see for yourself the difference

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...