• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me what has changed

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect for others;
    Stay 2M away from others in public places, if possible don't get in confined indoor spaces for prolonged periods.

Shop for groceries and parts in low traffic times of days when easy to stay well away from people you don't know where they have been or how healthy they are.

Wear a N95mask if this is not possible..

Respect others who need space and don't be in a hurry being last may mean a safe healthy trip...

Have a wonderful harvest! Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
      Respect for others;
      Stay 2M away from others in public places, if possible don't get in confined indoor spaces for prolonged periods.

Shop for groceries and parts in low traffic times of days when easy to stay well away from people you don't know where they have been or how healthy they are.

Respect others who need space and don't be in a hurry being last may mean a safe healthy trip...

Which brings us back to oneoff's original Q:

"Tell me what has changed".

Over 1 1/2 years later, trillions in spending, millions allegedly died, promises, jabs that sorta work but actually backfire, very fluid goalposts...

And some say the critics are the crazy ones?

Comment

I can tell you one thing that has changed: Agriville used to have civil discourse and even some wit as topics were discussed and opinions exchanged. My profile says I've been here since 2002 but I know it has actually been several years longer. Today's threads remind me of something my then 16 year old son said several years ago. Cyberfighting is for pussies.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
          Yeah I don’t know why that word is being filtered.
          Please go back into a hole until another 15 die in a local community and all in less than a week.

Then please stick to some semblance of the truth thereafter..
          Some spokesperson. Filtering complainant my arse.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
            Which brings us back to oneoff's original Q:

"Tell me what has changed".

Over 1 1/2 years later, trillions in spending, millions allegedly died, promises, jabs that sorta work but actually backfire, very fluid goalposts...

And some say the critics are the crazy ones?
            It's abundantly clear that unvaccinated persons are currently responsible for the current situation.

If there were ideas and plans for getting out of this mess (or better controlling it); one would have hoped those ideas would have been enacted.

But experience should have taught everyone that letting her rip has always spiked business for hospitals. Those health care professionals could be caring for accident victims and attempting to improve all other health conditions.

And I'll bet anyone who gets so sick they struggle to get to a phone to call 911; not even knowing what day it was; do get an ambulance and are saved in a hospital on days of strong oxygen therapy... just might have wished they had done things differently. At least the thought should later cross any mind.

Now that isn't just an anecdotal story. It was told first hand after the subject did figure out what days he had lost; is now able to talk about other business concerns ....and hopefully knows he was on on the verge of seeing the end of a tunnel. I think he was reported to have said his SPO2 was 64%. I personally know anything less than 88% "sucks". 80% and the oxygen had better be close by.
            The cost to benefit ratio of getting the available vaccinations makes the vaccination decisions a no brainer.

Comment

Florida breaks record for current COVID-19 hospitalizations, 21,000 new cases reported
              Mike Schneider
              Orlando, Florida, United States
              The Associated Press
              Published August 1, 2021

A day after it recorded the most new daily cases since the start of the pandemic, Florida on Sunday broke a previous record for current hospitalizations, as the number of patients in hospitals because of COVID-19 once again broke through the 10,000-person threshold.

The Sunshine State had 10,207 people hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 cases, according to data reported to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.

The previous record was from more than a year ago, July 23, 2020, more than a half-year before vaccinations started becoming widespread, when Florida had 10,170 hospitalizations, according to the Florida Hospital Association.

Florida is now leading the nation in per capita hospitalizations for COVID-19, as hospitals around the state report having to put emergency room visitors in beds in hallways and others document a noticeable drop in the age of patients.

In the past week, Florida has averaged 1,525 adult hospitalizations a day, and 35 daily pediatric hospitalizations. Both are the highest per capita rate in the nation, according to Jason Salemi, an associate professor of epidemiology at the University of South Florida.

The hospitalizations and increasing cases have come as the new, more transmittable delta variant has spread throughout Florida, and residents have returned to pre-pandemic activities.

“The recent rise is both striking and not-at-all surprising,” Salemi said in an e-mail late Saturday.

Federal health data released Saturday showed that Florida reported 21,683 new cases of COVID-19, the state’s highest one-day total since the start of the pandemic. The latest numbers were recorded on Friday and released on Saturday on the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website. The figures show how quickly the number of cases is rising in the Sunshine State: only a day earlier, Florida reported 17,093 new daily cases.

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has resisted mandatory mask mandates and vaccine requirements, and along with the state Legislature, has limited local officials’ ability to impose restrictions meant to stop the spread of COVID-19. DeSantis on Friday barred school districts from requiring students to wear masks when classes resume next month.

Florida’s Democratic agriculture commissioner, Nikki Fried, who is seeking to run against DeSantis for governor, on Sunday urged unvaccinated Floridians to get the shots. She said she was heartened by a recent uptick in vaccinations in the state.

“We are already behind the curve and in a worse spot every time the numbers come out,” Fried said at a news conference in Tallahassee. “This surge is and will impact every single one of us.”

Throughout Florida, from Jacksonville to Miami to Tampa, hospitals have become overwhelmed.

Barry Burton, the Pinellas County administrator, told the Tampa Bay Times that some local hospitals are already having to divert ambulances to different locations because of capacity concerns.

There has been a startling rise in the number of children with the virus at hospitals in Miami, many of them requiring intensive care.

Memorial Health’s Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in Hollywood had seven patients with COVID-19. At Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in Miami, there were 17 patients with COVID-19 on Friday, including six in the ICU and one who needed a ventilator, Dr. Marcos Mestre, vice president and chief medical officer, told the Miami Herald.

About half of the patients were under 12, Mestre said, and the rest were older and eligible for the vaccine. But none of the patients with COVID-19 at Nicklaus Children’s on Friday were vaccinated. Most children who get COVID-19 do not need hospitalization, Mestre said.

At the UF Health North hospital emergency room in Jacksonville, COVID-19 patients once again were being put in beds in hallways due to a surge in visits.

For many hospital workers, up until a month ago, it looked like there was light at the end of the tunnel, as people got vaccinated and hospitalizations decreased. But then the summer surge, powered by the new delta variant, hit Florida in July.

“That light did turn out to be a train in this case,” Marsha Tittle, a nursing manager at UF Health North, told The Florida Times Union. “We’re taking more patients than we normally would take. … My staff is wonderful. You walk out there, they’re going to have smiles on their faces and they’re doing a great job. But there’s a sense of defeat, like they’re just defeated.”

Comment

Lets try to engage oneoff in a discussion.

Simple question, how many shots will you take and how often are you willing to take them? Is there any limit in your mind how many vaccines doses you would take before you start to wonder about safety? Whats that number 10? 15? One every month forever?

Will you haul a 4 yr old or even a 6 month old into a clinic and put 3 shots of an mRNA vaccine (literally created a yr ago) into their tiny arms?
                Last edited by jazz; Aug 2, 2021, 09:48.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                  Respect for others;

If you are un-vaccinated, then that applies. For the rest of us, everything has changed back to normal.

It is doubtful Jazz and Taiga will ever understand that they are the problem, the ones to fill the hospitals and screw it up for everyone else.

Comment

Comment

"It's abundantly clear that unvaccinated persons are currently responsible for the current situation."

NOT! , maybe in tiny closed minds. Variants f*cking up UK, Israel, getting SHOT a 3rd time, Gibraltar 99% fully Vaxed by June Cases are up 2500% since then? CDC says Vaxed should wear masks to NOT infect unvaxed! YOU are the spreaders! That is the science.

Had the crap, never been sick since, I am not the problem.

Thousands of people at Kelvington Sports Day, no F'ing masks, all back to way it was. Nobody scared, lots of interactions, beer gardens, horse events, ball games, tractor pull, ZERO scared Covidiots. Just live for heavens sake!
                      Last edited by fjlip; Aug 2, 2021, 17:47.

Comment

It is good thing few believe your rants. We will get through this despite you.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                          "It's abundantly clear that unvaccinated persons are currently responsible for the current situation."

NOT! , maybe in tiny closed minds. Variants f*cking up UK, Israel, getting SHOT a 3rd time, Gibraltar 99% fully Vaxed by June Cases are up 2500% since then? CDC says Vaxed should wear masks to NOT infect unvaxed! YOU are the spreaders! That is the science.

Had the crap, never been sick since, I am not the problem.

Thousands of people at Kelvington Sports Day, no F'ing masks, all back to way it was. Nobody scared, lots of interactions, beer gardens, horse events, ball games, tractor pull, ZERO scared Covidiots. Just live for heavens sake!
                          oh my Gawd!! Help us Lord if there is one.

I didn't know rubes had so loose a connection to reality.

Has those person's unvaccinated plan always been to see that they "got the crap"; and that everyone who was 100% at risk of exposure; would get the disease so that the epidemic/pandemic would magically disappear?

Well I've got news for those misinformed; naive rubes. One episode of "the crap" and/or one vaccination gives you some immunity...not anything to brag about though...certainly nothing to bet a life on.

Now a second booster dose (which Canadians and USA is familiar with) raise developed antibodies to levels best described as lowering the chance of serious hospitalization (and especially the chance of those vaccinated to odds that you should embrace.) Like >>99% or more.

and sometime; maybe about Christmas or later there may be a need for an additional jab (for even greater) 10 times greater antibody protection.. But for now; even Phizer claims that the risk of serious health complications; from even the delta circulating variant remains still at same antibody protections at 99% plus that 2nd dose vaccinations ever had.

Now put your ****in mask on when in the public...avoid those crowds at Kelvington or anywhere else...be a lot more responsible... get your kids vaccinated and quit your absolutely stupid arguing with falsehoods and logic unbecoming anyone in this century of "enlightenment".

History may/will not be kind to Taiga, jaz; flip etc. etc. and their stupidity. You are literally not going anywhere...and upon further analysis I predict the overwhelming majority of others will not look favorably on the positions still taken.

The good news is that there is evidence of an uptick in those hesitant to get their first vaccine. Had that happened in late May...we would not be arguing about today's situation.

The people who have mislead and discouraged their electorate to become vaccinated have long ago secretly gotten their shots. You were betrayed and now too proud; pig headed; etc. to even know what has happened.

With freedom comes responsibility; and Biden wasn't the first to ever coin that quote.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                            The narrative keeps those who can’t think for themselves thinking exactly what they want them to. Those were the ones with their nose so far up the teachers as$ they couldn’t breath, I think even the teachers couldn’t stand them.
                            Don't worry..those teachers had guys like you picked out in a second. And you knew it; both then and now; but yet have repeated this line for your entire life. As the saying goes "Your quote speaks volumes more about the author; that those it was supposed directed towards"

Comment

HMMM...The latest data from Israel, which has used primarily the Pfizer mRNA vaccine, indicates that vaccine effectiveness against Delta coronavirus infection and symptomatic (“mild”) disease has dropped from about 95% to about 40%, Importantly, in people who got vaccinated already in January 2021 (primarily the elderly), protection against infection and mild disease may already have dropped to near 0% (see chart above). Moreover, since the Delta covid outbreak is still accelerating in Israel, the effectiveness against hospitalization and severe disease may further decrease (due to lags in hospitalizations).

https://swprs.org/covid-vaccines-the-good-the-bad-the-ugly/

Not my words, scared yet?

Comment

Science progressed because of skepticism. Science progressed because of independent and new thought. Science DID NOT progress by some supposed consensus. Science DID NOT progress because people followed an overwhelming bunch of “expert” sheep. Science DID NOT progress historically when debate was stifled, when differing viewpoints and a different way to do things, to look at things were smothered.

Healthy skepticism I would argue is a bigger sign of intelligence, than simply repeating what one is fed, towing the line that is being sold. That’s called school. Education even. Science is thinking with your own brain.

So think about this. Why is ivermectin shunned, even when it worked wonders in India? Why are stories about vax failures all over the place, being stifled?

Think. On your own. Science is thinking, not accepting mainstream, agenda driven media reports, or experts on one side alone, or avoiding real media reports that slip through on occasion.

Most amusing thing is that you followers think we skeptics are dumb, uneducated. To the point that tweety stated he hopes we get covid, and die out, so that the world can finally become smarter. To be that arrogant is really something else. Sounds like the CBC comments section cheerleading. Those comments are left alone. Hoping others die, is a routine and acceptable comment on that force fed media wonder. I make a single mention of ivermectin and that we should have some reporting on it, and the comment is removed. No idiotic bashing of others, no calling them down. Simply, CBC, would you please do a story on India and it’s success with ivermectin. Banned comment. Why? Why the stifling?

That alone, should give you pause to THINK.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...