• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And to answer the question Bucket.

I think it is ridiculous that we pay so much for Canola seed that only has a day or two of flea beetle protection!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
      Well its spray it or it will be 100% loss. I used Pounce on half and Matador on the rest.
      Beetles can take a field very quickly and you have to scout almost twice a day because things can change very fast!
      I bought Canola seed from BAFS and it comes with Prosper seed treatment that might protect the seedling for a few days when it first comes up. My Canola was planted around the 20th of May and missed all the frost but by now all that first seed treatment is long gone and has no effect. How they can say that seed treatment is hurting bees is absolute nonsense.
      We used to get products like Counter 5G and Furadan Granules that you mixed with the seed and planted with your canola and it was very effective and even controlled wire worms and cut worms. The experts took away those products that were put under ground and away from most creatures. Now everyone is spraying insecticide above ground to control the same pest but I think putting way more creatures at risk!
      Seeded on May 20th with no frost it should be fine
      That is frustrating for sure

Comment

Checking the weather forecasts today env canada and WN predicating chance of storms next few days, not a lot of precip. 5-10mm

Yet these guys are still predicting this....WTF? Going to be some forecasts quickly changed over night.

Click image for larger version

Name:	june 13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	771176

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          Checking the weather forecasts today env canada and WN predicating chance of storms next few days, not a lot of precip. 5-10mm

Yet these guys are still predicting this....WTF? Going to be some forecasts quickly changed over night.

[ATTACH]8071[/ATTACH]
          Yes there will be changes
          That model will be far closer the Env Can or climate catastrophe WN

Comment

Our Friday precipitation went from 15mm to 5mm, looking like it will be a non event.

Comment

Minus 3 this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                Minus 3 this morning.
                That’s not good , sorry to hear
                I was wondering who got the cold air last night
                I was south of Meadow Lake near the height of land yesterday at 2pm , it was only plus 7 c .... at mid day
                A small rain storm at time but still ... June 7th ....

Comment

Geez Jazz, the way that satellite is building from the SE it should be a flood. Hope these skies open up. We reseeded some canola today. With no rain, it’ll be a bust. The Canola on Lentil stubble needs rain, real rain very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                    Remember, science is computer generating the forecasts that flip flop everyday, sometimes from one extreme to another. Accuracy, not so much, sound familiar
                    Yr-No has 4inches forcast here for Friday.
                    Are you saying we can't count on that?

Comment

I am watching 3 different forecasters
                      Weather network went from 15 mm down to 5mm for Friday.
                      YR went from 15mm to 47mm then to 67! For Friday
                      Environment Canada just says rain Friday and Friday night.
                      5 mm would be a little light
                      67mm would be swimming
                      I guess I will go with Enviro Canada and it will be whatever I want it to be,
                      Last edited by seldomseen; Jun 8, 2021, 20:00.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                        you guys accept that you have to spray for flea beetles when the cost of canola seed is where it's at?

Is getting the decis or whatever insecticide a good enough repayment without factoring in the cost of spraying?
                        Seed treatment.
                        Sprayed every Canola field as they all were getting hit at various points once the heat kicked in.
                        Sprayed one field a second time just tonight. So thick it was unbelievable.

Won’t have to reseed but many around us had to.

Ridiculous. Should have grown more Canary.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post
                          Seed treatment.
                          Sprayed every Canola field as they all were getting hit at various points once the heat kicked in.
                          Sprayed one field a second time just tonight. So thick it was unbelievable.

Won’t have to reseed but many around us had to.

Ridiculous. Should have grown more Canary.
                          What for seed treatment did you have on seed?

Comment

Originally posted by jwab
                            Remember, science is computer generating the forecasts that flip flop everyday, sometimes from one extreme to another. Accuracy, not so much, sound familiar
                            We got 12mm last night nice to know it still can. Least settled the dust for a while and maybe brew up something more later I am hoping.

Comment

1 inch and still raining..

Comment

Some areas arent cut worm or Flea they are damage to seedlings from the hot 37 C days. Seed starts growing gets to surface and ground is so ****ing hot it bakes them before they come out or pinches them off. Never seen it happen for years it happened this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...