• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inflation is here not Deflation.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
    Didn't you load up with USA dollars last summer, as you predicted the CDN dollar would crash?
    After the Biden election steal, the USD died. He has 4-6T more to spend on unicorns. The time to pivot was at hand. Money is leaving fiat into real assets in preparation for whats coming.

We will see if oil can float the currency again in the age of ESG or if it was decoupled permanently. The CDN peso only rises if investment comes here and Trudeau has destroyed that.

The sovereign credit market is betting on a CDN credit downgrade.
    Last edited by jazz; Apr 14, 2021, 14:44.

Comment

Inflation is coming in the short term, but with the amount of debt out there, consumer and goverment, that will make the difference. when a stock market crash inevitably comes, deflation will be the result. central banks are out of bullets to stop it. that is why the fed is talking up inflation, trying to get it above 2%. they are scared to death of what will happen when the air is out of the balloon.

Comment

Oh, I think the stock market is in for a rough ride later in the year. Yes, Debt is a huge concern as most Canadians are up to their assholes in debt and climbing every day. Covid will create a buying spree after it is over and Canadians can get out and spend. They will that is a fact.

A big worry is the massive amount of debt of Canada, Provinces, and cities, it is insane the number.

www.Debtclock.ca

Comment

Honda dealer told me sales have been flat out since last April. Sold out.
          $38,000 side by sides are hot.
          What does it say when if someone isn't flat broke before payday they sign papers on that stuff?
          RVs hot too.
          US housing prices up 20% in places. Airbnb flat out.
          And ya, the farm equipment, wow.
          Something tells me we've been here before.

Comment

good analysis of what's going on. Ask how many are financing and how many are paying cash for the campers, boats, Sideby side, etc.

Comment

There are two types of inflation. One involves a semi productive economy that runs too hot increasing money velocity. Maybe some govt stimulus in the mix.

The other involves loss of purchasing power and fear over eventual destruction of a currency and rush to move cash into something that wont be destroyed or diluted, even if you have to borrow the money and overpay for it.

A side by side is worth more sitting in the shop than the equivalent cash in your bank account.

https://wolfstreet.com/2021/04/13/yup-dollars-purchasing-power-dropped-to-record-low-again-but-more-sharply-and-its-worse-than-cpi-shows/
              Last edited by jazz; Apr 15, 2021, 07:30.

Comment

Neighbor looked at RTM home last spring, pre-covid. 2000 sq ft. $90k.

Similar RTM home a month ago. $278k + 40k to dig basement and move it on top of it.

Comment

These inflated prices for materials will trickle down to used homes too. Gotta

Comment

Used homes are selling fast also.

Small towns closer to larger centers are getting good money for good older homes.

young starting out couples can get a nice home 10 miles away from a major center and still be able to own a home.

Comment

Real interest rates (inflation-interest rates) are negative now and have been for some time. why would you not spend if it is just going to get eaten away in a savings account. i don't think we've seen anything yet. real interest rates, i would predict, will probably be in the negative 10% range over the next year. the can that central banks have kicked down the road is nothing but the size of a nickel now. with biden and trudeau, this circus can run for a while yet, but my gut says it all comes crashing down sooner rather than later. we'll see.

Comment

The next election is three years away in another they will start working on that in the USA. Could be interesting at that time.

Comment

As Errol has been preaching, cash will be king once the shit hits the fan. Timing it has been a hard thing to do since governments and central banks have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at this thing. But the day will come. And I think it will be within the next 3-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                            As Errol has been preaching, cash will be king once the shit hits the fan. Timing it has been a hard thing to do since governments and central banks have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at this thing. But the day will come. And I think it will be within the next 3-5 years.
                            Hate to say it but if you've been listing to Errol since the crash of 2008-09 you have miss out on the greatest bull run in the stock market history. Not to mention what farmland and the housing markets have done.

What's even sadder is the money you've been sitting on, has lost the majority of it's buying power.

Of coarse there will be a correction of some kind, that's a given but if your trying to time the market or the reset or restart so many talk about on here you couldn't be making a bigger mistake.

Errol uses all the fancy words and writes a great story but that's where it ends . Twelve yeas of doom and gloom is all he has posted on Agriville.
                            Last edited by foragefarmer; Apr 16, 2021, 13:42.

Comment

Like I said, he is right, but it is hard to time it.

Have been hoarding commodities and selling to pay bills. Extra money has been put into the stock market until I see the foundation starting to crumble. Has worked well for me so far.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                                Like I said, he is right, but it is hard to time it.

Have been hoarding commodities and selling to pay bills. Extra money has been put into the stock market until I see the foundation starting to crumble. Has worked well for me so far.

What is Errol right about? Is it the phrase "Cash is King"? That's as old as the hills and used by many many more before Errol.

"Hoarding Commodities", hopefully you incorporated your farm like you were talking about several months ago, other wise you'll be contributing a lot to the purchasing of all those Covid vaccines going into Canadians arms.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...