• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BS Chuck.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even old sleepy joe knows it won’t work ?
    Only this imbecile believes , and really he doesn’t , it’s about shitting on the west , putting them back in their place

Comment

Originally posted by Spyguy View Post
      Doesn’t matter who does or doesn’t believe in science. The truth of the matter is we can’t compete paying 170.00 per ton on carbon taxes when other countries won’t follow. Puts us at a horrible disadvantage on the world front. Nobody will pay us more for our grain then they can buy it from other countries that have no carbon tax. Canada puts out 1.6 percent of the world carbon and even if we cut it in half who will notice with the likes of Russia, China, India not having any notion of doing anything. If you google how much money Canada has collected on carbon tax it comes up with a number real quick but google how the money collected is being used to reduce emissions and the old wheel spins forever. Collecting money from polluters does nothing to reduce the carbon. If carbon is so bad then why not pay us for capturing it like the usa does. I really don’t know who is telling the truth but it is quite obvious that the liberals have used a scare tactic and very successfully to tax households to pay for there reckless spending. Have you ever listened to you people talk about global warming. They have no idea who when where and what is going on other then we have to do something. Ask them where they got there information from and they say the news. Well the news isn’t news anymore. All it is now is paid advertising for political parties after generous contributions from political parties. Why don’t they make appliance companies double there warranties to 10 years on appliances that fill the landfill sites. They can easily make the appliances last longer. I still have a 1960’s fridge and deep freeze. Good thing science helped them build a failure point in. How about Goodyear implement tire. They all fail in 3-5 years from cracking. They never wear out they fail from a compound or lack of a compound designed to make them fail. Why do other tire companies have better implement tires. Maybe the Governent should make manufacturers use other brands. Lots of carbon when making tires. Why are the cement plants in Quebec exempt. Easy because it is votes for the pm. Everything has a horrible political agenda and some us us can see the agenda on carbon tax. It ain’t about the world environment. If we all stopped burning fuel in Canada science couldn’t detect that if nobody followed suit.
      Point being that governments could easily pick apart lots of carbon polluting sectors but the Trudeau liberals are hammering western Canada. His dad hated us and he is way worse. That is why we must go.
      Now rumours are spinning about nitrogen fertilizer being a target. I guess people don’t want to afford food anymore. Once all the farms are run by Governent or chemical countries you will not be able to afford your grocery bill.
      It is very evident that if western Canada wants to survive then it will have to be on our own. We must sever ties with the east and soon. I hear a west separatist party is forming in Alberta and I can’t wait. We must and will break away from the nonsense. After all is said and done with lies and scandals we all have to eat. That is a right we all have taken for granted. This is total insanity the attacks the Ottawa liberals have been dishing out to western Canada. I hope the lier’s fan club all move east when the crap hits the fan and Canada is split. People will only take so much and that point is here.
      Very well said ...

Comment

Originally posted by Spyguy View Post
        It is very evident that if western Canada wants to survive then it will have to be on our own. We must sever ties with the east and soon. I hear a west separatist party is forming in Alberta and I can’t wait. We must and will break away from the nonsense. After all is said and done with lies and scandals we all have to eat. That is a right we all have taken for granted. This is total insanity the attacks the Ottawa liberals have been dishing out to western Canada. I hope the lier’s fan club all move east when the crap hits the fan and Canada is split. People will only take so much and that point is here.
        Well said, but just to highlight, the new green ESG movement has gone beyond borders now. It could be one of our customers like the EU that shuts down our exports because it was done with unsustainable methods. They are already targeting Brazillain soybeans and Malaysian palm oil. Maybe we arent knocking down forests to grow our crops but they can think of all sorts of ways to restrict us. Maybe we are farming on stolen land or something.

We might get out from Trudeaus thumb but there are dozens of other countries and big corps getting on board now as well. I dont see how we can dodge that even being our own country.

I think we are better off heading these guys off at the pass before they come than hoping Albertans will vote to seperate. There are lots of commies and liberals in AB now and they wont vote for it because they have no connection to oil and gas or ag. You can easily find people in Calgary who hate oil. I mean Calgary center riding went LPC in 2015.
        Last edited by jazz; Apr 25, 2021, 09:39.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
          Well said, but just to highlight, the new green ESG movement has gone beyond borders now. It could be one of our customers like the EU that shuts down our exports because it was done with unsustainable methods. They are already targeting Brazillain soybeans and Malaysian palm oil. Maybe we arent knocking down forests to grow our crops but they can think of all sorts of ways to restrict us. Maybe we are farming on stolen land or something.

We might get out from Trudeaus thumb but there are dozens of other countries and big corps getting on board now as well. I dont see how we can dodge that even being our own country.

I think we are better off heading these guys off at the pass before they come than hoping Albertans will vote to seperate. There are lots of commies and liberals in AB now and they wont vote for it because they have no connection to oil and gas or ag. You can easily find people in Calgary who hate oil. I mean Calgary center riding went LPC in 2015.
          This may be a first, but I agree completely with Jazz. This is the point I have been making ever since I first commented on climate change. Farmers never had and never will have the power to oppose environmental decisions with respect to climate change. I do not like paying the carbon tax, but had it been provincially instituted western farmers would have at least a bigger voice in being compensated for what it costs us. I pushed for years for payments for sequestration of carbon and carbon credits but my calls for such were ignored. Happy to see some people on here, like Bucket, now saying the same thing. Notley had put in a provincial program where Alberta would have had their own carbon pricing scheme and could have controlled and rebates all revenues collected to Albertans but people were suckered by UPC claims that they would win a court challenge of the Carbon tax.

Now the right wing is claiming that if we separate we can get rid of the carbon tax and environmental regulations. Nothing could be further from the truth. Politicians in importing countries will make western Canadian grains a scapegoat for their own inability to meet climate change targets and they will be pressured by consumers and environmentalists to boycott imports of our grains. Furthermore, there are very few global grain traders, and they will not risk catering to a breakaway state which refuses to meet the coming new global standards. In fact they are likely already pushing those same standards because it offers additional profit opportunities for them. Oh they may still buy western grains, but I can guarantee it will be at a discount to world prices. Additionally, we will face additional costs of movement to export position if we do not meet world standards especially now that the US is going green too.

And even if we do separate, western farmers still will not have a voice. We are a small percentage of the population of urban residents. (R)edmonton alone has at least 5 times the vote of all the actual farmers in the 3 western provinces and right there we are silenced. Separation is a fools errand
          Last edited by dmlfarmer; Apr 25, 2021, 11:36.

Comment

Still waiting for dml to respond:
            So, what you are saying is that global warming is a non-falsifiable hypothesis. No amount of real world data and no amount of failed predictions can ever disprove the theory. If 150 years of tandem data, 42 years since James Hansen first proclaimed the emergency, 50 years of climate models, aren't enough to at least narrow down the relationship, if there is one, then what would it take?
            Please reassure me that climate change science fits the description of an actual science, and can be proven or disproven using the scientific method.
            Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Apr 30, 2021, 23:37.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...