• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fixing stupid???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government restriction did nothing but damage. Couple of my wife's relative got covid last summer. One a 20 something health care worker and the other her 50 year old cousin. Both cases were very mild (barely noticable) and came at a time when immune systems are strong. Had more of that occurred we would be at herd immunity already. As we transition into summer, cases will fade away. If government was prevented from printing money, there would be no lockdown as people have to earn a living. Now there is a debt bomb that will put generations to come into the poor house. Hallway medicine is normal at times but data leaking out shows that the output of the medical system has decreased this winter. (That info comes from the UK). Have not seen comparable data from Canada but suspect it is similar. The whole debacle is a result of politicians, Jason Kenny included, (we were warned he was a lightweight) just let healthcare bureaucrats run the show. Now that considerable damage has been done, we have to focus on sane budgeting, ending the lockdown immediately, and try to rebuild lives. We will still have to take precautions but there is no bureaucrats determining what is essential going forward. All business must be allowed to open and CERB and the like discontinued immediately. No lockdown noise for next winter either as this is already the most isolated place on the planet and won't have another winter without being able to get out once and a while. Nobody needs Zoom marketing meetings. Ag meeting are for socialization and being appreciated with a sponsored lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by shortbox View Post
      I came back to this thread to see if "stupid" had been fixed, but I see it hasn't. You are still here talking about Trump!
      You just can’t fix stupid.... even with duct tape.

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
        You just can’t fix stupid.... even with duct tape.
        When are you going to take the duct tape off the T****P Fox News interview where that former president very clearly said that even his supporters should take "his vaccine". Also note that both the Donald and his wife Melania have recently received that same Covid vaccine.

And for those afraid of 1 1/2 inch long hypodermic needles; just screw up your courage (like the fearless leader has done); and now is encouraging everyone else to do likewise.

On a personal testamonial note; I confirm that the Covid 19 Moderna injection was about 1/3 as painful as a mosquito bite. And not any mosquito itchiness now 7 hours after the fact.
        Hope there is nothing in this information that is found offensive....because I may very well speak my mind clearly next time if there are similar outbursts from people who only obey portions of what their messiah preaches.

Comment

There's also even better news on the Sask Covid vaccination front. As of noon today; those aged 67 and up can book a date to get their first shot. That happens Apr 2 for the applicable two people I've talked to so far. Ten minute intervals approx; get asked a couple questions; confirm your booking at a table; sit for 10 minutes (or less) to wait for a free nurse; 10 jabbers operating in parallel at sites I've heard about; and a 15 minute socially distanced visit afterwards and not one person was seen to be carted out not under their own steam.

AND NOT ANY ****EN COMPLAINT OR LAME SNIDE COMMENT ABOUT THE PROCESS. NEVER SAW A LEMMING NOR A CHILD OR PROTESTER COMPLAINING ABOUT ANY CONSPIRACY. Where do the agriville posters hide and how many of them are there really going to be true to their beliefs.

Get a life and save your own and maybe even someone else's if you care enough.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
            There's also even better news on the Sask Covid vaccination front. As of noon today; those aged 67 and up can book a date to get their first shot. That happens Apr 2 for the applicable two people I've talked to so far. Ten minute intervals approx; get asked a couple questions; confirm your booking at a table; sit for 10 minutes (or less) to wait for a free nurse; 10 jabbers operating in parallel at sites I've heard about; and a 15 minute socially distanced visit afterwards and not one person was seen to be carted out not under their own steam.

AND NOT ANY ****EN COMPLAINT OR LAME SNIDE COMMENT ABOUT THE PROCESS. NEVER SAW A LEMMING NOR A CHILD OR PROTESTER COMPLAINING ABOUT ANY CONSPIRACY. Where do the agriville posters hide and how many of them are there really going to be true to their beliefs.

Get a life and save your own and maybe even someone else's if you care enough.
            Amen! Getting my shot in April.

Comment

I’m not getting my shot.

Comment

The medical community lost my blind faith with the opioid crisis, after it actually hit home, my 14 yr old was prescribed percocet. Then again at 16 with oxy and again this yr at 17, with the newest variant. Phuck them. There's corruption in healthcare. And if you don't do your own due diligence, that's your problem. Opioids have killed twice as many US citizen as covid and malpractice is second. Each to their own. Live and let live. There's no natural desire to stick a needle in your arm. The victims only fault is trusting the wrong people. Explain to me how there's no corruption when the courts have done Perdue, the makers of oxy guilty?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                  I’m not getting my shot.
                  And that's fine. But please do everything else you can (masks; social distancing; not bringing new cases in through travel etc.etc.)...which I will also do in addition to having the protection of a approved vaccine that has been demonstrated to date to have what could be called excellent benefits to risks ratio.

And please don't do anything which would undermine a vaccine plan that does have great merit. Remember that firmly held beliefs are not necessarily the same as truths; science or principlethat stand the test of time; nor automatically in the best interests of the public at large

Comment

I’m not getting my shot.
                    Just for interests sake.....did you or would you say the same thing about a polio shot vaccine

or your small pox vaccine that eradicated that disease worldwide

or even mumps; or measles.

If you escaped that protection just remember that they can get you in older age. Mumps for instance can make an adult male feel..............maybe just find out for yourself if you don't know what the effects are.......Hint hint sore; maybe sterile; hospitalized; out of action mmmmmmmmhh and few other things you should be aware of if you don't know everything...or anything

Comment

I’m not getting my shot.
                      Your an anti-vaxxer, why would you?

Comment

Just for interests sake.....did you or would you say the same thing about a polio shot vaccine

or your small pox vaccine that eradicated that disease worldwide

or even mumps; or measles.

If you escaped that protection just remember that they can get you in older age. Mumps for instance can make an adult male feel..............maybe just find out for yourself if you don't know what the effects are.......Hint hint sore; maybe sterile; hospitalized; out of action mmmmmmmmhh and few other things you should be aware of if you don't know everything...or anything
                        I would have gotten my polio shot. It was an actual threat. This Covid is not. A death a day in Saskatchewan, the VAST majority of which were over 80 and near death anyway with co morbidities. I had my chicken pox vac a few years back when we had young kids, because shingles are a dang, and kids can suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                          Your an anti-vaxxer, why would you?
                          I’m not an anti vaxxer in the least. Why the lies?

Comment

And that's fine. But please do everything else you can (masks; social distancing; not bringing new cases in through travel etc.etc.)...which I will also do in addition to having the protection of a approved vaccine that has been demonstrated to date to have what could be called excellent benefits to risks ratio.

And please don't do anything which would undermine a vaccine plan that does have great merit. Remember that firmly held beliefs are not necessarily the same as truths; science or principlethat stand the test of time; nor automatically in the best interests of the public at large
                            I will live my life as I please, thank you very much. If this scamdemic was actually as scary as the fear mongers make it out to be, I would take all the precautions I could. But it’s not. I will not live my life following dubious leaders aimlessly. We don’t travel, so no worries there. But I will gather with, visit, coffee with, carpool with, and so on, whoever I feel like visiting, provided they are on the same page as me, and not fearful.

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                              The medical community lost my blind faith with the opioid crisis, after it actually hit home, my 14 yr old was prescribed percocet. Then again at 16 with oxy and again this yr at 17, with the newest variant. Phuck them. There's corruption in healthcare. And if you don't do your own due diligence, that's your problem. Opioids have killed twice as many US citizen as covid and malpractice is second. Each to their own. Live and let live. There's no natural desire to stick a needle in your arm. The victims only fault is trusting the wrong people. Explain to me how there's no corruption when the courts have done Perdue, the makers of oxy guilty?
                              Perhaps you'll never heal a tragedy by not being able to acknowledge a doctor's oath "to do no harm" is not commonly violated. To believe otherwise means people in general will come to not trust their medical system.

Too many people believed that "it will disappear by magic". Well that was tried and 4% of the world's population had 20% of the cases.

That does not lie at the feet of the medical community; nor the pharmaceutical companies which although they maybe greedy corporations; surely don't aim to deliberately kill off their customers.

As already said; get rid of that fear of a needle. The contents of that needle have been checked to as great an extent as possible. The needle is sharp; but not of the guage of the common flu vaccine. Also the Phizer dose is only 0.3 ml (I don't know if that is after any diluent).

AND maybe in your case ; even take into account an ex-president who says the vaccines are safe; (he created them after all) and has even (days ago) advised his supporters to get vaccinated. He might lie to a whole lot of people; but surely wouldn't lie to his most avid supporters.......
                              Weigh benefits to the risks... not only for yourself; but the ones you care a bit for; and if you're really charitable; think a bit about the safety of your less thought of neighbors.

This is not an addictive vaccine; it is hopefully a longer term preventative; but the pandemic only ends when new mutant derivatives are not produced by the current widespread and worldwide new infections.

None of us have liked the control measures so far. They had an effect on overwhelming hospitals; but couldn't get any real handle on spread after nearly one year of trying. Other costs are well known...but pretty well a consequence of what was required when few other options were available.... Now time to do things differently; and this time there are vaccine weapons. And the last couple weeks in Sask (and reportedly elsewhere indicate Vaccines might/should do the trick (along with what ever else responsible people have come to realize provides some additional boost to containing spread)

Comment

I will live my life as I please, thank you very much. If this scamdemic was actually as scary as the fear mongers make it out to be, I would take all the precautions I could. But it’s not. I will not live my life following dubious leaders aimlessly. We don’t travel, so no worries there. But I will gather with, visit, coffee with, carpool with, and so on, whoever I feel like visiting, provided they are on the same page as me, and not fearful.

That old saying about you "Can't fix stupid" again comes to mind. And maybe the rationale of "I'll do as I please" would summarize the above quote.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...