• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Friday C o c k t a i l report and other useless stuff. Its Friday let's have fun.

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • chuckChuck
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2006
    • 13286

    #31
    Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
    Crickets are quiet this morning as it's -35 and -45 with a wind chill. Shut your gas off and turn off the power from Sask power and tell me in a couple of hours how well you're doing.

    Pull the plug chuck or shut the **** up.
    SF you seem stuck on the idea that its either renewables or fossil fuels at the moment. A mental block perhaps?

    I guess its hard for you to understand that in the foreseeable future we will be using both.

    Hydro is also considered renewable, so if I lived in Manitoba I could be using 100% renewables to heat and power my home. So I don't really have to disconnect from the grid to support or use low carbon energy sources.

    Comment

    • AlbertaFarmer5
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 12685

      #32
      Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      SF you seem stuck on the idea that its either renewables or fossil fuels at the moment. A mental block perhaps?

      I guess its hard for you to understand that in the foreseeable future we will be using both.

      Hydro is also considered renewable, so if I lived in Manitoba I could be using 100% renewables to heat and power my home. So I don't really have to disconnect from the grid to support or use low carbon energy sources.
      I don't see anywhere in Canada's net zero by 2050 pledge that says we will be using both:
      https://www.canada.ca/en/services/environment/weather/climatechange/climate-plan/net-zero-emissions-2050.html https://www.canada.ca/en/services/environment/weather/climatechange/climate-plan/net-zero-emissions-2050.html

      Or any of the other 12,500,000 other google search results for net zero pledge, although admittedly I didn't read them all, yet.

      These delusional politicians and eco zealots are promoting exactly the opposite to what you are claiming. Why don't you ask them?

      Comment

      • chuckChuck
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2006
        • 13286

        #33
        Net zero can also mean carbon capture and storage (CCS) or carbon offsetts.

        Net zero is the goal. How we get there and how long it will take is still a work in progress and the transition is well underway.

        Comment

        • sumdumguy
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2007
          • 12139

          #34
          Originally posted by caseih View Post
          o’tool is as useless as your hero
          rona - rona - rona

          Comment

          • shtferbrains
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2017
            • 5413

            #35
            Hydro has been a primary source of dependable power throughout history.
            Primary driver of the industrial revolution.
            Most leading industrialized countries have deveoped scalable oppertunities or like Norway are at capacity.
            We huge opportunity here but regulator issues make it unnecessarily expensive and almost unattainable.

            Comment

            • SASKFARMER
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2005
              • 7189

              #36
              Chuck, we will have lots of change in the next 80 years and unless I can live to 140 plus I won't see them all. Maybe who knows but after a 100 I think I will have enough.

              But subsidizing solar and the wind is BS. It's an expensive joke. You know it because you won't turn off the gas and drop your hook up to the Saskpower system. If you really believed in it all you would.

              Pull the plug chuck and prove it.

              Comment

              • fjlip
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2002
                • 9968

                #37
                Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                Chuck, we will have lots of change in the next 80 years and unless I can live to 140 plus I won't see them all. Maybe who knows but after a 100 I think I will have enough.

                But subsidizing solar and the wind is BS. It's an expensive joke. You know it because you won't turn off the gas and drop your hook up to the Saskpower system. If you really believed in it all you would.

                Pull the plug chuck and prove it.
                Double Dare, during the COLD VORTEX! Be GREEN! KEEP us COLD! Left hates to be warm, growing crops.

                Comment

                • SASKFARMER
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 7189

                  #38
                  Were in a cool down and guys like chuck cant see that.

                  Sad really.


                  But lets cut and paste maybe it was harpers fault

                  Comment

                  • Guest

                    #39
                    Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    rona - rona - rona
                    Could you imagine her driving and Pierre swamping ?
                    And Michelle for their official spokesperson
                    Last edited by Guest; Feb 7, 2021, 17:14.

                    Comment

                    • Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...