• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola how well or poor are we doing.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
    If malt barley was $10/bushel, it would hardly make a difference, maybe add a cent or two, to the price of a beer.
    Yup you're right, 1 bushel makes approximately 300 beer, $5.00 increase is .016.
    But if you increase malt to 10, feed would have to increase to 7 which would add another 180 or so to a finished steer, then lab meat would look good, to those who need glasses.
    Last edited by rumrocks; Jan 6, 2021, 18:19.

Comment

So 1.6 cents of barley in a can of beer, is that the most expensive ingredient in beer or is the can more expensive?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        Viterra malt gives producer 2 yrs to fill contract.
        Or feed if it doesn't make malt.
        We got into one of them with RP years ago
        Trouble was they picked the feed price way under market

Comment

The malt guys aren’t getting aggressive because the feed fall price will have wall o wall barley. No act of god so most won’t go 100 bus a acre but reasonable like 45 then when fall arrives Gps get good on first feed drops to 4 and now 5 malt looks great.

Yes a ****ing joke

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Gonna sell er all in April and buy Nutrien stock.

I own stock in all the companies that own me.
            We have been moving allot of our business to Nutrien because it’s the only player in our area that we can own shares in and hopefully share in the companies success!!
            It used to be the Weyburn Inland Terminal but that ship has sailed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
              So 1.6 cents of barley in a can of beer, is that the most expensive ingredient in beer or is the can more expensive?
              I heard the TAB costs about same as the barley. If barley was FREE, beer price would not change. Without the malt ...a can of water! Wheat in bread loaf about 11 cents, bag and tie costs more. Because they can...farmers will grow it for that so why raise prices to farmers?

Comment

Did my math on this yesterday just to prove to someone how hard it is to average “up” your grain price. The person thought all us farmers were getting rich because of $14+ canola..

Canola $11.50
                CL cnl $13.50
                IP cnl $13.00 total production
                Fd barley $4.25
                Oats $3.50
                CWRS $6.75

Still have some grain to sell.. 20% maybe of 2020 crop.

Just looking at new crop and they are good above average prices. $12 canola / $4.75 fd barley / etc for off the combine and farmers that have some risk/debt should be getting some coverage.

Just my opinion.

Comment

looks a lot like ours , probably like most on here
                  would of been very hard to see $12 coming and not sell

Comment

Very poor information reporting for canola.

The only hint that something was going on was all related to soybeans.

Comment

jdg364, nice to see someone with the balls to post their sales.

👍

Comment

yea , i thought when i posted ours at the beginning , others would also
                        not much participation ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          not much participation ?
                          I'm up to 0% priced or sold on all 2020 production. Still kicking myself for not holding more of old crop(s) over sold late summer into the beginning of the rally.

Getting tempting to start soon.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            not much participation ?
                            Maybe people don't want the critics judging their choices and actions when they don't know their circumstances?

Cash flow needs, understanding market, experience, analysis, input, emotion, luck, etc.

Comment

Some are procrastinators or too busy mining. 😂

Comment

55% sold and shipped on canola, average $12.27.
                                At $15 will likely sell 15 to 20% then see what happens with weather, politics etc.
                                Holding 50% 2018 and 100% of 2019 CWRS. If we had the protein premiums of last Dec/Jan and today's futures prices I would be letting all go.
                                $8 was my target but some may go at $7.50 and $7.75.
                                Sold 1/3 of lentils at 29.5 at bin.
                                Sold 40% of yellow peas off combine at $6.75, rest went at $7.50 and a couple loads got $8.
                                Yields were cut ALOT by the dry windy weather from July 20th on.
                                Last edited by ry0972; Jan 7, 2021, 23:41.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...