• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Global Credit Markets . . . .

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made a deal with our bank a few years ago to pay me 1% on my checking account, to this day I’m still getting 1%. I doubt that they will ever catch it.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
      My wife just informed me that our highest earning saving account was .01% today!

I guess then next step is us paying then to hold our money.
      Service charges; we're paying them already

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F66B2AE3-E4E8-4CA9-9B88-8A5ED7929B1B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	770301
        Steinbach credit union , Mb, todays rates
        Always way ahead of the rest
        Dealt with them for years
        There are better rates there than this too for more money and long time customers

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
          My wife just informed me that our highest earning saving account was .01% today!

I guess then next step is us paying then to hold our money.
          Jim Grant calls it "return free risk". For allowing the bank to lend your money out they pay you significantly less than the posted inflation rate. Its a guaranteed loss on the purchasing power of your savings. Buying good new iron just to park money isn't that crazy of an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
            Jim Grant calls it "return free risk". For allowing the bank to lend your money out they pay you significantly less than the posted inflation rate. Its a guaranteed loss on the purchasing power of your savings. Buying good new iron just to park money isn't that crazy of an idea.
            If the stock market blows-a-tire, cash may not be a bad spot to be in. Gold is now following equities as overlevereraged speculators now have the steering wheel, not physical demand.

Deflation could rear-its-head as money printing has had little impact on inflation (IMO).

Comment

Is the long overdue ‘shake, bake and rattle’ time approaching? . . . .

Commodities showing signs-of-a-break as global economies now shift to an even lower gear. Meanwhile, equities at exorbinate record highs on valuations insanely unjustified, while credit markets and derivative leverage remain stretched-like-gumby.
              Money-printing (stimulus) has been the duct-tape, yet inflation still remains benign as gov’t debt explodes.

Watch the VIX. It may offer an early warning heads-up. Investor tone could shift on-a-dime (IMO) sometime in the next days/weeks. My opinion . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                Is the long overdue ‘shake, bake and rattle’ time approaching? . . . .

Commodities showing signs-of-a-break as global economies now shift to an even lower gear. Meanwhile, equities at exorbinate record highs on valuations insanely unjustified, while credit markets and derivative leverage remain stretched-like-gumby.
                Money-printing (stimulus) has been the duct-tape, yet inflation still remains benign as gov’t debt explodes.

Watch the VIX. It may offer an early warning heads-up. Investor tone could shift on-a-dime (IMO) sometime in the next days/weeks. My opinion . . . .
                A good question is as President Biden cranks up the presses of quantitative easing... to finance his 1.9t$ stimulus package... plus his 2t$ green agenda... plus another 1t$ infrastructure projects... plus then yet a further round of stimulus... we may run out of red ink!!!

Perhaps not... no harder to print 100t$ DEBT on our computers than 25T$!!!
                I see 100T$ 2008 Zimbabue notes are only $98.00, and then a 5% discount popped up....

https://collectiblescurrency.com/collections/zimbabwe-banknotes/products/zimbabwe-100-trillion-dollar?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIq5CVs8y27gIVSRmtBh02iQZvE AAYASABEgK4cvD_BwE
                ZIMBABWE 100 TRILLION DOLLAR | P-91

The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe started issuing these 100 Trillion Zimbabwe Dollar banknotes in 30 July 2008 . This is the highest denomination note ($100,000,000,000,000) ever printed . Below is the detail.

Grade: Uncriculated ( Brand New )
                Denomination: 100 Trillion
                Currency Name: Zimbabwean Dollar ( Z$ )
                Date: 2008
                Series: AA
                Paper Type: Lined Paper
                Dimensions: 148mm x 74 mm
                Color: Skyblue

Security Features: Security features visible from the front include Optically Variable Ink was used in serial number , special green ink dots that glow and triangle graphic on the front and back side when exposed to UV light. The “RBZ” strip and Zimbabwe Bird visible blue color.

I see VW made over 12B$ in the last quarter... so perhaps China and Germany will sail into calmer seas!

Volatility will be massive... in these uncharted economic experiments in fantasy economies... Safe to expect a wild ride!!!
                Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jan 25, 2021, 01:56.

Comment

Amazing how debt is not a problem under a republican or conservative government but becomes so within days of a democrat or liberal leading the country.

No complaints on here about Trump actually increasing the debt by $7.8 TRILLION dollars over his 4 year term (a 40% increase in the US debt in 4 years) and much of that happened during a period of good economic growth, low unemployment, no new wars, and record stock prices.) Yet Biden has been in office less than a week and came in during the largest unemployment since the depression and Covid related costs and all of a sudden the Conservatives are comparing the US to Zimbabwe.
                  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/under-donald-trumps-watch-the-national-debt-increased-by-dollar78-trillion/ar-BB1cKXOI https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/under-donald-trumps-watch-the-national-debt-increased-by-dollar78-trillion/ar-BB1cKXOI
                  https://www.thefiscaltimes.com/newsletter/20210115-Trumps-Legacy-78-Trillion-Rise-Debt https://www.thefiscaltimes.com/newsletter/20210115-Trumps-Legacy-78-Trillion-Rise-Debt
                  Last edited by dmlfarmer; Jan 25, 2021, 06:54.

Comment

Looks like we are about to find out!

Zimbabwe is still on planet earth last I checked...

Cheers

Comment

Somebody start a pool on how long we have to continue to talk about Trump.

He still gets 3X the clicks that any Canadian reporting receives on CBC.

Easy work for lazy reporters.

Comment

How can the Canadian dollar continue at 79 cents when the economy is technically in the shitter....well except for almost records agricultural exports....

It is odd how important our ag industries have become and still ignored .

Comment

Don't overpay with our funny money. If only they had a 100 Quadrillion Bill then they would have something of value.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210125-081859_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	770713
                          Last edited by biglentil; Jan 25, 2021, 08:26.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                            No complaints on here about Trump actually increasing the debt by $7.8 TRILLION dollars over his 4 year term (a 40% increase in the US debt in 4 years) and much of that happened during a period of good economic growth, low unemployment, no new wars, and record stock prices.)
                            Indeed. I do not care under which administration the debt is racked up. Canadian, US, Global. It's all going to hang like a boat anchor around our necks for a generation! *THEY* should all be damned ashamed of themselves! Better yet, *WE* should all be damned ashamed of ourselves!

We WANT it. We NEED it. We regularly VOTE for it, and we're all going to pay dearly for it!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...