• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GMC 1000 HP Convertible Super Truck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• furrowtickler
    replied
    It does show that electric vehicles are about to make some noise .
    Will know in two years how these hold out in a Canadian climate. Let us know Zephyr 👍.
    I will wait for the 500hp version or less and a few years. Also if we can actually get a crop without drought , hail , frost or snow ... maybe next year lol .
    Electric tractors finally starting to make some headway . The JD autonomous one looks most interesting to me.
    But all this will come down to reliability and price though .
    Something needs to change because the extreme cost of current emission systems on farm machinery, continued escalating carbon tax’s is going to drain profitability too much in the near future .

Leave a comment:

• farmaholic
    replied
    Why not improve its "energy mileage" and reduce the HP and torque and increase its range.

Yup, a waste of energy.

Does it matter what form it comes in or how it was produced?

Leave a comment:

• burnt
    replied
    Am I alone in wondering what the hell the practical value of this thing is?

rest of original post deleted. Respect to klause.
    Last edited by burnt; Oct 22, 2020, 07:15.

Leave a comment:

• LEP
    replied
    What a waste imo. Why not build in a regular 2500 chassis? Also why 1000hp. Sales will be right up There with all the muscle cars. They may even get to 4 or 5,000.

If they built a 3/4 or 1 ton that had 2/3 the hp and torque you could add another zero to the sales figures.

Leave a comment:

• burnt
    replied
    Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    I plug my aeration fan in to a power supply that doesn’t need a battery so not really a comparison. But I do believe there will be better batteries if there is enough funding to develop it. And if politics stays out of it developing.

Klaus it’s very difficult to keep politics out of this debate since it is politics that will determine things such as subsidies, infrastructure development etc that will either make or break this industry. It won’t be the technology it will be rhe politics. If it was technology we would have been electric already because it would have been supported to develop a long time ago.
    I was kinda wondering the same thing but didn't want the thread to disappear.

But since you raised the question, when was science, physics or simple, hard reality last practically considered in any contemporary topic such as this...

Leave a comment:

• the big wheel
    replied
    Originally posted by biglentil View Post
    The battery temp is maintained with electric heat. While parked in cold temps they must be plugged into 120v or range will degrade. For sask a heated garage would probably necessary. It may not be suitable for every persons requirements however there are a number of exciting new battery techs on the horizon that will change that. Anyone here use gas motors on their aeration fans?
    I plug my aeration fan in to a power supply that doesn’t need a battery so not really a comparison. But I do believe there will be better batteries if there is enough funding to develop it. And if politics stays out of it developing.

Klaus it’s very difficult to keep politics out of this debate since it is politics that will determine things such as subsidies, infrastructure development etc that will either make or break this industry. It won’t be the technology it will be rhe politics. If it was technology we would have been electric already because it would have been supported to develop a long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• biglentil
    replied
    Originally posted by woodland View Post
    What will the range be at -20??
    We all know what happens to battery capacity as the temp drops.......
    The battery temp is maintained with electric heat. While parked in cold temps they must be plugged into 120v or range will degrade. For sask a heated garage would probably necessary. It may not be suitable for every persons requirements however there are a number of exciting new battery techs on the horizon that will change that. Anyone here use gas motors on their aeration fans?

Leave a comment:

• the big wheel
    replied
    Originally posted by woodland View Post
    Diesel heaters will keep the batteries warm.

Leave a comment:

• woodland
    replied
    Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    Why 1000 horse power? Why? In a passenger vehicle?

Because they can?

Why not in a highway tractor?

Oh.....because needing 500 horse power won't get you 560 kms?

More battery storage?

Leave a comment:

• furrowtickler
    replied
    Originally posted by biglentil View Post
    Its a dangerous paradox for GM. Promote the new EV's with superior performance and other features. Many buyers may lose interest in existing models and inventory.
    Until they see price tag

Leave a comment:

• binthere
    replied
    Going to have some very quite race tracks soon.

Leave a comment:

• biglentil
    replied
    Its a dangerous paradox for GM. Promote the new EV's with superior performance and other features. Many buyers may lose interest in existing models and inventory.
    Last edited by biglentil; Oct 21, 2020, 23:09.

Leave a comment:

• farmaholic
    replied
    Why 1000 horse power? Why? In a passenger vehicle?

Because they can?

Why not in a highway tractor?

Oh.....because needing 500 horse power won't get you 560 kms?

More battery storage?
    Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 21, 2020, 22:39.

Leave a comment:

• Sodbuster
    replied
    Sweet ride, can’t wait to test drive it, if and when ever it comes to SK.

Leave a comment:

• 6V53
    replied
    Time to buy shares in Firestone and Goodyear.

Leave a comment:

• Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...