• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seasonal Canola

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a long marketing year yet, about 10 months before new crop canola is available in Canada.... I'm sure there might be afew resistance and support tests before that time comes.

Then there's beans.

Comment

Crush margins?

Soybean meal and oil per "ton" prices minus crush expense minus soybean grain cost seems to equal pretty healthy margins.

Got to wonder what the canola crush margin is at? Domestic, foreign after seed is landed at export destination.

Comment

Canuckistan S/U ending stocks..... about 10%???????????????

Remember we have a domestic and export market to service.

Technical versus fundamental price direction?'

Comment

Hovering around $14 for Feb/Mar delivery (specialty canola)

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Canuckistan S/U ending stocks..... about 10%???????????????

Remember we have a domestic and export market to service.

Technical versus fundamental price direction?'
            Technical trading and additionally, dealing with uncertainty, influence price and volatility on a daily basis.

Fundamentals influence prices only occasionally based on new news, verified news or old news that gets revised

Comment

Good to see positive gains in most everything but HRSW lately

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                Good to see positive gains in most everything but HRSW lately
                I think HRS wheat could be the most unpredictable crop to price.

Comment

Canola not reflecting price movements here to much stuck on the $580 585 on farm range for me plus oil of course which adds to price

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                    I think HRS wheat could be the most unpredictable crop to price.
                    Sold some 1 RS 13.2 px to the feed mill for $0.10/bus higher than the elevator. 🤦*♂️

Comment

Right or wrong I locked in my basis for wheat at $1.54 earlier this week, will gamble with the futures price and hope for a spring rally.

Comment

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
                        Sold some 1 RS 13.2 px to the feed mill for $0.10/bus higher than the elevator. 🤦*♂️
                        Remember the uproar and udder chaos when that would happen when CWB was in charge or if you could get more in the USA than in Canada? Not saying we need it back but guess it isn't much different now.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                          Remember the uproar and udder chaos when that would happen when CWB was in charge or if you could get more in the USA than in Canada? Not saying we need it back but guess it isn't much different now.
                          When I started farming I did not understand the wheat board. The farming veteran neighbors were basically split between loving it and hating it.
                          One neighbor was not the best farmer. He seemed to be the pariah of the locals. Seed late, harvest late and usually some spring combining. Neighbors always found a critical word for this guy.
                          One year (1991?) in May I was picking up fertilizer and that neighbor was combining hrs wheat, delivering it straight into the elevator for $6.00/bu open market. The locals were in absolute anger and disbelief that he could get away with this.
                          Thats when I learned about farmers/agri culture.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
                            When I started farming I did not understand the wheat board. The farming veteran neighbors were basically split between loving it and hating it.
                            One neighbor was not the best farmer. He seemed to be the pariah of the locals. Seed late, harvest late and usually some spring combining. Neighbors always found a critical word for this guy.
                            One year (1991?) in May I was picking up fertilizer and that neighbor was combining hrs wheat, delivering it straight into the elevator for $6.00/bu open market. The locals were in absolute anger and disbelief that he could get away with this.
                            Thats when I learned about farmers/agri culture.
                            Welcome back hobbyfrmr.

Kinda missed you.

Comment

Me too

Comment

Fun story hobbyfarmer have always enjoyed your post over the years.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...