• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
    Whats your frieght and other deductions $50 or crikeys even more?
    Deductions in the Ghetto were about $60 a tonne in the CWB days. "Efficiencies" from rail and elevator consolidation etc were supposed to benefit everyone in the Industry. GrainCos built large inland terminals capable of loading 134 rail cars. Rail lines with small old style elevators were abandoned in favor of high throughput terminals.

If you look at my post with the port "asking prices" you can see the gap between what it might be exported for and our farmgate price is can be quite substantial, as is now the case. The port asking prices are only an indication, but it gives us an idea.

Looks like 101 chimed in to give an idea of what the deduction is.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
      An average western Canada deduction for CWRS would be around 92.50 CAD from the farmgate for the 2018-19 crop year according to Grain Monitor. I don't disagree.
      19/20, 20/21 will likely be similar, why wouldn't it be. 20/21 current farmgate to port asking is currently right there now.

Comment

An average western Canada deduction for CWRS would be around 92.50 CAD from the farmgate for the 2018-19 crop year according to Grain Monitor. I don't disagree.
        Holey cow you shittting me?

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          Port asking prices are useless !
          Bid sheets here at least once a day often twice in rising and falling markets that are mov8ng quickly.

Lets say between 15 and 20 companies have port bids

Take of deductions to workmit back to local elevator or farm gate.

Why are port prices useless there wiseguy? Sorry for my ignorance

Comment

Bid sheets here at least once a day often twice in rising and falling markets that are mov8ng quickly.

Lets say between 15 and 20 companies have port bids

Take of deductions to workmit back to local elevator or farm gate.

Why are port prices useless there wiseguy? Sorry for my ignorance
            It's been pointed out those are indicators. I want $8.50 for my CWRS but I will take $7.00.

Ask what you want, settle on a negotiated price.

I don't know if the US system reports actual sales prices or just volumes.

Comment

Very roughly:

Primary: $23
              Terminal: $14.50
              Freight: $39.00
              Other(operating costs,demurrage/dispatch,Marketing) $16

This is for wheat in 2018-19 shipped under regulated freight rates

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                It's been pointed out those are indicators. I want $8.50 for my CWRS but I will take $7.00.

Ask what you want, settle on a negotiated price.

I don't know if the US system reports actual sales prices or just volumes.
                Indicators you dont have firm prices daily?

Comment

Very roughly:

Primary: $23
                  Terminal: $14.50
                  Freight: $39.00
                  Other(operating costs,demurrage/dispatch,Marketing) $16

This is for wheat in 2018-19 shipped under regulated freight rates
                  Your frieght is actually cheap in comparison per km

I have maybe 95 to 110 kms to port dont know precise kms or actual route but $16 for me and farm to elevator $12 average of about 34 kms

Comment

Indicators you dont have firm prices daily?
                    Ask and you shall receive.
                    Many GrainCos post their bids online. But they tell you to enter a target price agreement(contract) if you want more. You know, those contracts that bind you to them but not them to you!
                    Marketing "freedom".

101😉
                    Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 3, 2020, 17:42.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Ask and you shall receive.
                      Many GrainCos post their bids online. But they tell you to enter a target price agreement(contract) if you want more. You know, those contracts that bind you to them but not them to you!
                      Marketing "freedom".

101😉
                      Well if you have a target and you think its gonna be met why not wait until its hit and then chooseyour company?

Just getting my head around howya do things.

Comment

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20201005-045729.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	770189

Name:	Screenshot_20201005-050144.jpg
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	770190

Why did Minni-Wheats fail to mirror Chicago's last break above it's previous high?
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 5, 2020, 05:06.

Comment

Chicago more closely follows world markets than MW.
                            HRW crop was good quality. I'm not a baker but my guess is it can make a good loaf all by itself. Little blending is required. Spring wheat quality was good too so actually it is the spring wheat that likely needs to be blended to make a loaf. Until Kansas contract matches MW I don't think you will see much of a rise. And that's if Kansas continues to go up...Dec contracts. Kansas lower line.

Name:	MWZ20KEZ20Oct520.jpg
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	770192

What that means for Canadian Wheat into the US is low exports likely again this year

Name:	Wheat to US.jpg
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	770191

Comment

News on the radio Friday saying, StatsCanada or Grains Canada or some survey had released numbers saying Canada had bumper crop of wheat this year. I couldn't find the report to link to.

Comment

Dec Chicago 579 3/8. Was bid up to 587 3/4. Sure doesn't like this level it seems. If it does settle above 582 3/4 it will be notable. Dec 5.60 puts trading at 550US

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...