• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much time is left?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
    The drought has broken here this aft ... whopping one tenth. Lol
    Still staying somewhat positive.
    Section left to spray then park it till fungicide. Lol.

I don't get you guys in sask.

Drought. No rain. Poor crop. And talking about fungicides.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
      I don't get you guys in sask.

Drought. No rain. Poor crop. And talking about fungicides.
      That would be sarcasm if you get it lol

Comment

The satellite looks like a loaded front, beautiful but then look at the radar and BA. My knees hurt.

Comment

Two thundershowers rolled through today left us with 2 tenths, that brings us to 2 and 1 tenth since this rain began last thursday.

Comment

Finally can spray what I can't seed.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              I'm having trouble selling the idea to FCC and they won't lend me any money on that business plan.
              If you tell fcc pike and rhe Chinese or anyone else not knowing anything about farming but can write a book about how easy it is to farm and clearly show they are the ones paid millions to handle the bankruptcy they will not only give you money they will sponsor the book.

Not one family farmer in our local area has got any help from them but the investors buying out the neighbors all have fcc loans to buy the land?????
              It’s a disgrace.

Comment

I’m wondering how many are going to re-think cropping plans for next year if things stay the way they are. Canola is a high risk expensive crop to grow and in the south it adds more risk.

Yes, we have all done well in certain years, but this year could be one where we get back to reality. Thankfully I don’t have any in this yr!
                Crops I’ve seen are in trouble or approaching critical condition.

Big hurt coming if things don’t change .... QUICK!

Comment

I’m wondering how many are going to re-think cropping plans for next year if things stay the way they are. Canola is a high risk expensive crop to grow and in the south it adds more risk.
                  Or like we found out last yr, getting a 60 bu crop in November aint fun either. The seed will wait for whatever rain eventually comes but that's not good if it doesn't germinate until July 1st.

Trouble is we don't have a good 3rd crop option to replace it.

Comment

Both the provincial and federal governments ignored the issues last year when grass was burning up and thousands of cows were being sold ....

They will ignore it all again this year....

There are programs in place is what David Marit and Bibeau will say.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      T storm warnings Wadena S and E. Any thing of measure? All evaporated before got from Humboldt. It only rains where it is WET...
                      Got half inch in a thunderstorm around 5 o’clock, about half hour north of Kelvington.
                      Last edited by blueversi; Jun 25, 2020, 07:22.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        Or like we found out last yr, getting a 60 bu crop in November aint fun either. The seed will wait for whatever rain eventually comes but that's not good if it doesn't germinate until July 1st.

Trouble is we don't have a good 3rd crop option to replace it.
                        I grew some durum on durum and wheat on wheat, tell you one thing I wouldn’t trade anyone for what I did then some canola I’ve seen.
                        I have less risk and will net better then if I would have grown canola.
                        Either way we need rain.

Comment

I grew some durum on durum and wheat on wheat, tell you one thing I wouldn’t trade anyone for what I did then some canola I’ve seen.
                          Either way we need rain.
                          Was looking at that too, going to a wheat wheat lentil rotation, just to cut risk and expense and worry. 3 dry springs in a row now. First rains have all been mid June, nothing in May anymore. First yr I had to fight beatles with the sprayer and I sure didn't like that.

Comment

Either way we need rain.
                            Rain is for sissies who can't handle stress.....

Me on my 40th surprise birthday party....

Click image for larger version

Name:	worried-old-man-400x265.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	769862

Comment

7 mm last night, we'll hang in there a couple more days.

Comment

Someone told me look at the bright side. Saving all that wear and tear on the combines, all that trucking saved. All that carbon not released into the atmosphere. Best of all no ruts, cause we all know cant make money if there are sprayer ruts. Boy are we ever lucky!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...