• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weekend Precip.....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
    I' sure you are really going to appreciate the feedback now that you are finished...

But, if your soil is anything like our grey wooded, those duals might be more effective with some more space between them, assuming the final drives can take the stress. I find tight together duals are nearly useless in sticky mud, they just fill up, ball up and become one giant sticky spinning ball of mud. Leave some gap between and they stay clean and at least have enough traction to propel themselves. Perhaps you are smarter than me and stay out of those places, and just need the extra flotation to keep from breaking through though.
    My brother says it bombs through places he shouldn’t be in. 😎 The front end sinking is the bigger issue now. We blew the $16k diff last year and don’t want to find out how much a drop box is so that’s why we didn’t go wider spacing. We’ve given up on avoiding ruts after a half inch last night and another full inch tonight and it’s still coming down.

Weather network pegs us at 130 mm for the next 14 days and they’ve been close or low on their amounts so far. Everything is saturated and sloughs are fuller than ever .............. fun times ahead.

I wonder what it’s like to not wear rubber boots?😉

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
      I don't think farma has days like this.[ATTACH]6220[/ATTACH]
      That’s a big bugger.

I think his extended family has moved in here. The guy we normally get to trap them is too busy so I may have spend some quality time with the .243

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Simple life cannot exist without water, maybe you have not experienced too dry. If this rain piddles out there wont be a crop at all. We've had 20% of our acres flooded out before, what survives makes up for it.
        20% isn’t bad. 100% is pretty rough...

Comment

Over an inch here last night. Hard to track it with the wind but that’s got to be pushing 4 inches between Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
            20% isn’t bad. 100% is pretty rough...
            Too much of anything is highly overrated. Especially when the timing is beyond your control.

Two inches in two days and the clouds are building again ................ against my wishes.

Sun ............ where art thou?

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
              Too much of anything is highly overrated. Especially when the timing is beyond your control.

Two inches in two days and the clouds are building again ................ against my wishes.

Sun ............ where art thou?

I will trade you sun and wind for rain. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
                Over an inch here last night. Hard to track it with the wind but that’s got to be pushing 4 inches between Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights.
                Wow , that’s like last week north of here
                Some guys still cant move much up there

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  I will trade you sun and wind for rain. 👍
                  Deal!👍

I hope Canada Post doesn’t lose or misplace it along the way😎

Comment

80mm in two days, roads washed out completely in 15 spots, main primary highway has a sinkhole and is down to single lane piloted traffic. Still raining. Ground was saturated before this started. There will be hillside slumps/slides over the next week or so as the water load takes it’s toll.

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
                      80mm in two days, roads washed out completely in 15 spots, main primary highway has a sinkhole and is down to single lane piloted traffic. Still raining. Ground was saturated before this started. There will be hillside slumps/slides over the next week or so as the water load takes it’s toll.
                      But the rest of the land will yield so high it will still be above average, pity the poor sob who may attempt to say that to my face.

Comment

But the rest of the land will yield so high it will still be above average, pity the poor sob who may attempt to say that to my face.
                        I have been on both sides, and neither are fun.

Comment

Originally posted by flea beetle View Post
                          I have been on both sides, and neither are fun.
                          If your worst is 20% drowned, no you haven't.

Comment

If your worst is 20% drowned, no you haven't.
                            I understand you probably aren't in a good mood right now, but I never said anything about 20%. I merely wanted to tell you that I understand both sides.

Things will get better. Maybe it is over for this year at this point, but there is always next year to look foreword to.

Comment

Hmm wonder why we still talk about the terrible drought of dirty 30's is still talked about over a 100 yrs later. Geeze historian's must have it all wrong sounds like you guys have it much worse.
                              Last edited by biglentil; Jun 15, 2020, 21:53.

Comment

Originally posted by makar
                                We've had 20% of our acres flooded out before, what survives makes up for it. Wasn't that you?
                                I don't believe so...I just bugged you about your aim! lol

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...