• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheres Chuck?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldomseen
    The NDP, myself included, condemn Michael Moores outrageous propaganda. I ask the PM to make watching this a crime. Canadians know better.

Tweet from the NDP leader! What a jackass.
    Unfu cking believable
    What a *** king airhead

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen
      The NDP, myself included, condemn Michael Moores outrageous propaganda. I ask the PM to make watching this a crime. Canadians know better.

Tweet from the NDP leader! What a jackass.
      This sounds a lot like fake news, do you have any links?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        This sounds a lot like fake news, do you have any links?
        I copied and pasted it from twitter so look him up and you will likely find it.

I was hoping the whole tweet would have come not just the texted?

Some one here will know how to bring the whole tweet here.

Comment

Well jokes on me! I looked up the tweet and its a parody account with his picture but name Jagmeat Sings.
          I apologize if i offended anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            I copied and pasted it from twitter so look him up and you will likely find it.

I was hoping the whole tweet would have come not just the texted?

Some one here will know how to bring the whole tweet here.
            Looks to be a parody account. Though likely closer to reality than we dare to admit. https://mobile.twitter.com/thejagsbigbeard?lang=en https://mobile.twitter.com/thejagsbigbeard?lang=en

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              All very well said. I trust you can also manage to apply your excellent advice to your own self.

Only thing I need to point out, is that in the ultimate contradiction, the eco terrorists who are demanding renewables, do not consider hydro to be renewable. Pointing out the obvious benefits and reliability of the only truly renewable won't make you any friends in those circles.
              I am sure all the concrete dams built and areas flooded were environmentally sound lol .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                I am sure all the concrete dams built and areas flooded were environmentally sound lol .
                And that, unfortunately is the crux of the matter, and the was the real and sinister point of the movie.

None of these folks are looking for viable solutions, anti oil, anti nuclear, anti natural gas, anti hydro, now becoming anti solar, wind, biofuels, it never was about saving the environment. The movie makes it very clear, that ending capitalism and state control of every aspect of our lives is the only outcome they will accept.

Useful idiots such as Chuck bought the entire scam, even used their own money to build solar panels, and waste their own time lecturing the rest of us about their cause, blissfully ignorant, thinking they are saving the world from plant food.

Comment

Britain breaks record for coal-free power generation

Coal-fired plants have not contributed to electricity grid for 18 consecutive days

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/28/britain-breaks-record-for-coal-free-power-generation https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/apr/28/britain-breaks-record-for-coal-free-power-generation

Comment

I bet there are no solar panels there
                    Someone i know is going to check next time he is by there
                    These libtards dont usually like spending their own money

Comment

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-ask-about-albertas-future-and-suffer-fear-and-loathing-from-jason/ https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opinion/article-ask-about-albertas-future-and-suffer-fear-and-loathing-from-jason/

Ask about Alberta’s future and suffer fear and loathing from Jason Kenney
                      Max Fawcett
                      Special to The Globe and Mail
                      Published 21 hours ago
                      Updated April 27, 2020

Max Fawcett is a freelance writer and a former editor of Alberta Oil magazine and Vancouver magazine

One of the stranger aspects of life under the yoke of COVID-19 is how government press conferences have suddenly transformed from mundane into must-see TV. Donald Trump has obviously been the driving force behind that, but Jason Kenney gave him a run for his money on Friday. No, Mr. Kenney didn’t spend his time at the podium touting the merits of untested drugs or suggesting that injecting disinfectants might be a cure to COVID-19. But he did have a decidedly Trumpian reaction when a 660 News reporter, Tom Ross, asked about whether it was time to start reconsidering the province’s all-in bet on oil and gas.

“Listen, our focus is on getting people back to work in Alberta, not pie-in-the-sky ideological schemes,” the Premier said. He seemed particularly put out by the fact that the question had even been asked. “That kind of question, in the middle of an economic crisis, from a Calgary-based media outlet – really, frankly, throws me for a loop. It sounds like you’re reporting for the Tyee or something.”

Jason Markusoff, the Western correspondent for Maclean’s, wasn’t having any of that. On Twitter, he suggested that “what’s particularly odious about [his] swipe is the inherent assumption that Calgary reporters ought to be petro-patriotic hometown industry defenders; like there’s something un-Albertan about even asking about a Green New Deal or sharp transition.” Unfortunately, none of the other reporters at that press conference were able to follow up on Mr. Kenney’s aggressive answer, since he abruptly handed the reins over to Energy Minister Sonya Savage and left the room.

I’m willing to cut the Premier some slack here. He’s under enormous stress right now, as the province faces down both the life-and-death consequences of COVID-19 and the brutal economic reality of single-digit – and, briefly, negative – oil prices.

The budget he rushed through the legislature just a few months ago now seems like a weird dream, given it was predicated on an average oil price of $58 per barrel. Instead, after pledging repeatedly to fight the province’s budget deficit, he will now have his name attached to the single biggest one in Alberta’s history. Worse, he still has to find a way to resuscitate an economy that’s on the verge of flatlining.

His response to the reporter’s question on Friday makes it clear, in case it wasn’t already obvious, that his preferred way to do that is by betting on the return of higher commodity prices. It might not even be a bad bet, either. The collapse in oil prices has hurt Alberta’s energy companies, but it has absolutely devastated their peers in the United States. Market watchers are already suggesting the collapse of the shale industry could ultimately be a boon for Canadian producers, who had already spent the past few years cutting costs and tightening up their operations. And even the most aggressive forecasts for the transition away from fossil fuels still see 70 million barrels per day of demand by 2040 – demand that, Mr. Kenney rightly says, should be met by Canadian sources where possible.

Still, it was impossible to miss the fear and loathing in the Premier’s response to what was a relatively innocuous question about a phenomenon that isn’t about to go away. “We’re not going to meet with a small minority in Congress that wants to pursue the ideological fantasy of shutting down the modern industrial economy,” he told the reporter. The problem Alberta faces is that this minority grows with each passing day, and their belief in the need to reduce global emissions and invest more heavily in renewable energy is anything but a fantasy.

Just look south to Texas, which now leads the United States in wind energy capacity and is well on its way to being the second-biggest source of solar PV capacity after California. Even George P. Bush, commissioner of the Texas General Land Office (and nephew of former President George W. Bush), is willing to sing its praises. “The Texas energy industry carries on,” he tweeted recently, “ensuring that millions of Texans continue to have the energy resources they depend on every day. All the more reason to continue diversifying our sources of energy.” Even Saudi Arabia understands it can’t keep doubling down on the same hand. Earlier this year, it announced a $30-billion investment in renewable energy by 2025 as part of the broader plan to diversify the Kingdom’s oil-oriented economy.

But in Alberta, it’s apparently still heresy in the government’s eyes to seriously consider this future and where the province can fit into it. Never mind that the boom in wind and solar energy in Texas is creating thousands of new jobs, and that those technologies could easily do the same in Alberta if given half a chance. For now, it seems like it’s still oil and gas or bust – and that anybody who suggests otherwise can expect a tongue-lashing from the Premier.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        I bet there are no solar panels there
                        Someone i know is going to check next time he is by there
                        These libtards dont usually like spending their own money
                        "The UK set a new solar power record on 20 April after solar farms generated more than 9.6GW of electricity for the first time."

Comment

Over 6000 views on a thread titled "Where's Chuck". I would say by far Chuck garners the most interest of any poster on Agriville and when he doesn't post for a day or two the search party goes out calling for him.

Turns out that all the name calling and threats about activating the Ignore Button regarding Chuck's posts were nothing more than B.S.

So Chuck just keep posting your opinions, as we all have different views and ideas! Freedom of speech makes Agriville the Farmer Chat line going.

Disclaimer., I do not know who Chuck is and never met him or even know where he lives. I read his posts and take what I want out of them and leave the rest.

Comment

A5 Are you are regressing to insults and climate change denial rhetoric absent any scientific proof that climate change isn't occurring or that greenhouse effect isn't scientific fact?

"thinking they are saving the world from plant food." LMAO

Did you really study engineering? LOL

Comment

Take away the sun then u have climate change. Pretty sure we will pay for that to.

Comment

I am fond of solutions - not continually re-stating the problem over and over. So we do nothing then?

Just assume our generation is good with oil and leave it to the generations to solve what to do when oil is close to running out?

Perhaps the first step is transparency on the efficiency of technology like solar and wind. It's full life cycle costs of energy. The worst thing you can do is bring out technology that actually uses more energy then it puts out - but the flip side is how do you research without starting at least.

It would seem subsidies for industries to "build a business and compete" would be far better spent on research to actually create a product that can be brought to market that can compete on its own.

Another is to stop the billions in subsidies for mature technology like oil, gas, coal. Also use that money to research new products. We have so much cheap energy, how delinquent is it of us not to use it to figure out new forms of renewable energy - because oil, gas, coal are definitely non-renewable.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...