• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it feel strange to combine now on frost, in April, dry grain in relatively good conditions?
    Think it would be a mind warp for me....especially totally white out here! In my dreams maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Yea and dry also. So far so it’s good harvest.

Five days in a row that’s better than anything in fall 2019z

[ATTACH]5938[/ATTACH]
      Looks really good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
        Then it will look gray, smell off...
        I actually went and hand thrashed some today.....sample actually looks decent...odd gray one but I actually can't get over when I rolled them they were pretty much yellow....when we were snowed out in Nov there was 10% green in the field, I am not giving up on harvest 2019 yet.

Comment

While I am very glad for y’all, is it only me that too often feels I don’t do anything right?

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
            While I am very glad for y’all, is it only me that too often feels I don’t do anything right?
            Nope, and you can control alot of things, but not the weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              You’re in good company. I’m quite proficient a fantastic failures. But if you throw enough darts at the wall eventually you hit the board.

As long as you get one thing right more than wrong you should come out ahead .......... at least that’s how we roll out here.

Good luck🍀

Comment

I feel the same sometimes. In 2018, it seemed that every decision was the wrong on, the way the year turned out.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                  I feel the same sometimes. In 2018, it seemed that every decision was the wrong on, the way the year turned out.
                  Hindsight is always 20/20. The rear view mirror is smaller than the windshield for a reason. Every plan I’ve made in regards to making bales last year and feeding cows this winter has been blown to pieces by Ma Nature. I currently have no plans made and that has helped with the disappointment ........... not so much the stress though. Maybe this year will be like goldilock’s oatmeal .......... just right😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
                    Hindsight is always 20/20. The rear view mirror is smaller than the windshield for a reason. Every plan I’ve made in regards to making bales last year and feeding cows this winter has been blown to pieces by Ma Nature. I currently have no plans made and that has helped with the disappointment ........... not so much the stress though. Maybe this year will be like goldilock’s oatmeal .......... just right😉
                    I am always really well prepared for whatever went wrong last year, and the year before that, and the year before that etc.. Which is rarely what is going to go wrong this year, mother nature seems to think that changing it up keeps life more exciting. Fortunately, we have accurate long term forecasts which tell us exactly what the weather ( sorry, climate) is going to be in my great grandkids time, so it should be easy to get a forecast for the coming growing season and actually prepare for the right problems for now on...

Comment

For Kreist's sake AF5, don't bring that shit up!

Comment

Spring has arrived .......... finally 😎
                        First double digit (positive) temp since mid October and it’s long overdue. Started tearing apart some of the snow piles in the calving fields to help eliminate some mud for the next month hopefully.

Don’t need rubber boots to get from the house to the shop finally. Butterflies, bees, and flies popped back out today too. Hit 20% of calves out and hopefully the issues are all out of the way. We finished building a calf catcher and it’s working great.

The cows follow the calves out the gate great but the first calvers not so much as we expected.

So nice not to need the insulated coveralls and to see some grass poking up. 🍀

Comment

Are you using it just for catching and processing, or also for moving pairs out to new pens, is that what you mean by momma's following? How do you move them without a floor? Or are they able to take the hint and walk along inside?

Comment

Plus two today here. Tomorrow they say 13. Twould be grand! First lambs today

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              Are you using it just for catching and processing, or also for moving pairs out to new pens, is that what you mean by momma's following? How do you move them without a floor? Or are they able to take the hint and walk along inside?
                              We move the pairs out to a different field after they get tagged every day. If we get behind a couple of days it becomes too confusing for checking and dealing with them.

The front side of the carrier box flips down to put the calf in and to process them if it’s muddy.

You then put the front side back up to lock them in the carrier box at the back.

There is a gate in the back to let them out of the carrier box.

It’s modeled after a Lakeland version and they have several YouTube videos of it. It took a couple of days to build but I think it will save more time than that in a week or two. Now tagging and moving out is a one person operation, safer, and quicker than what we did before.

Should have done it years ago.

How do you do it AF5?

Comment

Nice work. Looks real professional.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...