• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cdn Grain Demand Picking Up

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    Which countries may ag production be affected by covid if any is the question? May be some good opportunities.
    Other countries will ramp up their agriculture help to farmers....

Canada hasn't yet and probably won't since the conservatives have forgotten about farmers as well....liberals don't care...and the NDP/Green think we are the scourge of the earth...and the bloq have the dairies well taken care of and will have for the foreseeable future as part of their support of the liberals...

Comment

Note: OPEC is meeting on-line Sunday . . . This gathering could have a big impact on Monday markets.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        India .... hence the run up recently in red lentils
        The farm work force is concentrated in groups ... or was .
        Agree with Errol , they all will .
        Agree with that, And that’s why if our provincial or federal governments weren’t solely focused on the oil argument they would ensure every acre was seeded every farm as good as it could be since we will or at least can be as always rhe industry that will truly rebuild our economy.

Comment

Red lentils ⬆️

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
            Red lentils ⬆️
            Are there 30 cent/pound bids yet?

I’m guessing seeded acreage will be up 10% + ?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              Are there 30 cent/pound bids yet?

I’m guessing seeded acreage will be up 10% + ?
              Depends on seed available

Comment

Hauling wht today to wadena viterra.
                14 trucks ahead of me..
                12 behind.
                2 hrs to get dumped..
                That was sure fun..NOT...

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                  Hauling wht today to wadena viterra.
                  14 trucks ahead of me..
                  12 behind.
                  2 hrs to get dumped..
                  That was sure fun..NOT...
                  U keep the trucks 6 feet apart?

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                    U keep the trucks 6 feet apart?
                    Close..
                    Nobody got out to chat.
                    Viterra sends print out to our phone.
                    Safe as can be I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                      India .... hence the run up recently in red lentils
                      The farm work force is concentrated in groups ... or was .
                      Agree with Errol , they all will .
                      A friend of mine who comes from what sounds like a bigger than some farm in the Punjab tells me the are just starting what he calls the "wheat" harvest but it sounds like he means crops like our spring seeded grains.

He says they have combines so they can harvest the crop but have no hired help due to lockdown.

Sounds like they have 3 separate parcels but have to haul all the crop home to protect it from thieves.

Says they can't deliver due to the lockdown but have storage in open front sheds with some make-shift type ground cover.

The hired crews are mainly to gather and chop the aftermath that is used for fodder for their dairy buffalo. This sounds like a major part of the income and they can't sell milk due to the lockdown.

The "cops" beat anyone caught it the streets and a days wages buy them enough to eat that day.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                        A friend of mine who comes from what sounds like a bigger than some farm in the Punjab tells me the are just starting what he calls the "wheat" harvest but it sounds like he means crops like our spring seeded grains.

He says they have combines so they can harvest the crop but have no hired help due to lockdown.

Sounds like they have 3 separate parcels but have to haul all the crop home to protect it from thieves.

Says they can't deliver due to the lockdown but have storage in open front sheds with some make-shift type ground cover.

The hired crews are mainly to gather and chop the aftermath that is used for fodder for their dairy buffalo. This sounds like a major part of the income and they can't sell milk due to the lockdown.

The "cops" beat anyone caught it the streets and a days wages buy them enough to eat that day.
                        Ya , it’s not going to be a good outcome for food production in India , and other countries that rely on a large work force
                        Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 3, 2020, 22:15.

Comment

Laird Type Lentils ⬆️💪

Comment

The price contagion from oil to corn and ethanol and the rest of the grain complex could be very problematic. Has anyone seen any numbers on how Coronavirus has and will slash gasoline/ethanol consumption?

In Jan China dropped the plans for E 10 mandate. This was likely due to a 3/4 drop in domestic corn stocks from levels seen in 2017 when the mandate was first considered.

It does seem like this is a good time for China to consider a rebuild of corn stocks. Prices are lower and it would be in keeping with the trade agreements made as of late.

Can anyone speak to the significance of the numbers out of usda regarding China’s new crop corn purchases. I hear large purchases. If these large purchases continues, it should lend to the idea that the Chinese have intentions to rebuild domestic stocks. I think food security 1 - 2 years our, should be weighing heavy on the minds of many.

Comment

Originally posted by workboots View Post
                              The price contagion from oil to corn and ethanol and the rest of the grain complex could be very problematic. Has anyone seen any numbers on how Coronavirus has and will slash gasoline/ethanol consumption?

In Jan China dropped the plans for E 10 mandate. This was likely due to a 3/4 drop in domestic corn stocks from levels seen in 2017 when the mandate was first considered.

It does seem like this is a good time for China to consider a rebuild of corn stocks. Prices are lower and it would be in keeping with the trade agreements made as of late.

Can anyone speak to the significance of the numbers out of usda regarding China’s new crop corn purchases. I hear large purchases. If these large purchases continues, it should lend to the idea that the Chinese have intentions to rebuild domestic stocks. I think food security 1 - 2 years our, should be weighing heavy on the minds of many.
                              Can anyone speak with confidence on any Chinese numbers ? God forbid one questions what the righteous Chinese say nowadays !!
                              Be racist and all ..

Comment

Originally posted by workboots View Post

Export sales for corn up till Mar 26 show no corn on the books to China for future years.
                                They had only shipped 59,800 tonnes as of Jan 2, 2020 for the current year which ends August 30.
                                Since then China has put 756,000 tonnes on the order book for the current year with 61,100 shipped.
                                Compares with 466,300 shipped and outstanding last year by this date.
                                China corn imports are forecast at 7 MMT for the current year
                                Demand for gasoline has plunged. that means less ethanol needed too. Plus the blending rates not being maintained.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...