• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta' Climate Future

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
    Individual farmers or even a landlocked western Canada will never be in a position of power to demand the world accept the view that nothing needs to be done to address climate change. Period.
    Climate change is just the cover dml, if you did some critical thinking you would easily see that. Dig in a couple levels before you decide to roll over.

And anytime a trojan horse like that comes around, you know there is worse stuff hiding inside.

And because of that, I wholeheartedly deny and disavow it.

Comment

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
      I had no idea that a simple fact could hurt your feelings so much.
      Yes facts really bum me out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CwXtOoEXUAkCA_V.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	769418

Comment

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, fake problems like climate change get pushed aside by real problems: The Great DEPRESSION. One year from now nobody is talking nonsense about climate change and will be focused on survival. This could be the big one that ends the era of fakenomics. Bill due? No problem, we will just print some money. Now bills may have to be paid with REAL earnings. That alone puts an end to climate change nonsense for good.

Comment

Texas is 20% green energy.
          Good for them , they don’t have winter 5 months of the year

Comment

Texas is 20% green energy.
            texas is arguable one of the best places on the planet for "green energy". Reliable abundant wind and solar resources, proximate to the end users, cheap abundant natural gas for flexible back up, Peak loads that coincide with peak production ( AC, irrigation for example).

And in spite of all of that, only 20% renewables has caused electricity prices to skyrocket in Texas, during a period where natural gas costs declined precipitously, but those savings were overwhelmed by the additional cost of the renewables.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/11/06/georgetown-how-a-texan-towns-green-energy-dream-turned-into-a-nightmare/ https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/11/06/georgetown-how-a-texan-towns-green-energy-dream-turned-into-a-nightmare/

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-26/sometimes-a-greener-grid-means-a-40-000-spike-in-power-prices https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-26/sometimes-a-greener-grid-means-a-40-000-spike-in-power-prices

That's not a typo, 40,000% increase in electricty prices in Texas during a slow wind period.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
              And that right there should be the starting point for discussions regarding conserving fossil fuels.

Not penguins and polar bears, and impossible sea level rise and temperature projections.

But I am not as pessimistic as you on this front. We have proven the viability, reliability and sustainability of nuclear power. There will be breakthroughs in energy storage sometime in the future , possibly even enough to make unreliable a viable energy source. And the fact that peak fossil fuels has been postponed over. And over again thanks to human ingenuity.
              Regarding peak oil, i think you would really enjoy this article

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214629618303207 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2214629618303207

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                I called our nearest liberal Mp yesterday, who is from Winnipeg. I asked how much emissions have dropped in Saskatchewan since the inception of the carbon tax.

Well sir, that is a hard thing to quantify.

Oh really?
                This maybe?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Two types of people.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	769421

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Yes facts really bum me out.

[ATTACH]5645[/ATTACH]
                  Three points:

1. Your map gives even more reason Canadian farmers can and should be marketing sequestration as a way to reduce impacts of climate change.

2. Just because there is less potential for solar power in Canada does not mean we should ignore climate change, it means we have to look at all alternatives

3. Assuming your denial of climate science also extends to a believe the earth is flat, how do you flat earthers explain the GIS map you posted and reason for lower GIS as you go north?

Comment

“Flat earthers”
                    Fu ck really
                    You need to tell your cult leader to come up with something new

Comment

3. Assuming your denial of climate science also extends to a believe the earth is flat, how do you flat earthers explain the GIS map you posted and reason for lower GIS as you go north?
                      Please don't lower yourself to Chucks level. You usually bring some reasonable and mostly factual points to the debate. Don't ruin your credibility and end up on everyone ignore list like Chuck is, by using Chucks name calling and insults, it has not helped his case, and it certainly won't help yours.

Comment

Dml just because I don't believe that world as we know it will end in 10 years if we don't all quit burning fossil fuels(and as a farmer at present I couldn't make a living without fossil fuels) doesn't justify you calling me a science denier or a flat earther. As a farmer I have to try and look into the future to create a business I hope my family can continue after I am gone. If environmentalists were more realistic with their solutions they would probably receive more consideration from me.

Comment

my apologies to anyone except Jazz who took offense to my flat earth comments. I was not clear in my post that it was intended only for Jazz and I will stand by my ASSUMPTION (as I stated in my original post)that since he denies all science that points to man made climate change therefore I wondered if he is also a flat earther. This assumption is based on his statement earlier in the thread "And because of that, I wholeheartedly deny and disavow it."

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            Dml just because I don't believe that world as we know it will end in 10 years if we don't all quit burning fossil fuels(and as a farmer at present I couldn't make a living without fossil fuels) doesn't justify you calling me a science denier or a flat earther. As a farmer I have to try and look into the future to create a business I hope my family can continue after I am gone. If environmentalists were more realistic with their solutions they would probably receive more consideration from me.
                            Hamlock, what credible climate scientist says the world as we know it will end in 10 years? What credible climate scientist or even government says everyone has to quit burning all fossil fuels?

You are making the same exaggerated arguments that you claim environmentalists make to support your case. Reducing emissions does not mean ending all burning of fossil fuels.

The truth is somewhere in the middle and for either side to argue based on the extremes is the reason we accomplish nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              Please don't lower yourself to Chucks level. You usually bring some reasonable and mostly factual points to the debate. Don't ruin your credibility and end up on everyone ignore list like Chuck is, by using Chucks name calling and insults, it has not helped his case, and it certainly won't help yours.
                              I have posted numerous references from world class scientific organizations and you don’t respond with any evidence to the contrary. Nor have you been able to find any credible scientific organization that says human caused climate change is not occurring. Checkmate.

As far as name calling and insults you do your share.
                              I

Comment

Hamlock, what credible climate scientist says the world as we know it will end in 10 years? What credible climate scientist or even government says everyone has to quit burning all fossil fuels?

You are making the same exaggerated arguments that you claim environmentalists make to support your case. Reducing emissions does not mean ending all burning of fossil fuels.

The truth is somewhere in the middle and for either side to argue based on the extremes is the reason we accomplish nothing.
                                Yes it was a bit of an exaggeration but only a bit. Read this article in The Guardian which was posted Oct. 8, 2018: "We have 12 years to limit climate change catastrophe, warns U.N." This article was written in 2018 and it is now 2020 so yes 10 years. If you read the article we have to reduce our C02 emissions by 45% by 2030, hence why I asked you how you would reduce your emissions by 50%, a question you never addressed. It also stated that the price put on carbon emissions will have to be much higher than originally thought. So yes you can say my claims are exaggerated but the disciples of Greta Thunberg or Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or David Suzuki or Greenpeace would agree with what I said 100%!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...