• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WIND ENERGY is extremely efficient

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Integrity_Farmer View Post
    Why can no one answer the questions I asked. Why deal in hyperbole. I posted a CBC article that quotes the price of contracts for wind energy (the article says it is about 4 cents a kw hour. I also asked what we pay for energy in Sask and Alberta

These contracts are real contracts for energy in Sask and Alberta. This is not fantasy

From my previous post
    Wind energy makes sense in Canada at a generation cost of 3 to 4 cents per kWh as the article I posted indicates.
    What are you currently paying for hydro in Sask and Alberta? cents per kWh?
    How do you power out of a company after they have gone bankrupt?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      The flat earth society on Agriville isn't prepared to admit human caused climate change is an issue nor something they should do anything about.

So they will find and fabricate any reason possible not to support any efforts to reduce carbon emisssions with renewable energy sources.

About the only thing they will support is ethanol and bio-fuels which have questionable carbon emission reduction benefits, but they do help prop up ag commidity prices based on government mandated Renewable Fuel Standard.

"The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) requires U.S. transportation fuel to contain a minimum volume of renewable fuel. The RFS—established by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (P.L. 109-58; EPAct05) and expanded in 2007 by the Energy Independence and Security Act (P.L. 110-140; EISA)—began with 4 billion gallons of renewable fuel in 2006 and aims to ascend to 36 billion gallons in 2022. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has statutory authority to determine the volume amounts after 2022."
      The old CWB wanna be crowd seems to be the only one supporting human caused climate catastrophe.....
      very evident here

Comment

Go to ceee bee ceee.have a look at the latest GARBAGE. All about converting home heat from gas to electric. The idiot minions on there commenting are nuts. As is the writer.

Why do these doughnuts seem to think that electricity comes from thin air? Like the electric car issue. The electricity still comes from fossil fuels by and large.

Our education system is failing western civilization on the critical THINKING front. Ugh. End rant.

Comment

It farmer.

This "wing energy" you initially posted. Is it from blades grinding up parts of birds?

Had to ask.

Comment

Why can no one answer the questions I asked. Why deal in hyperbole. I posted a CBC article that quotes the price of contracts for wind energy (the article sjays it is about 4 cents a kw hour. I also asked what we pay for energy in Sask and Alberta

These contracts are real contracts for energy in Sask and Alberta. This is not fantasy

From my previous post
            Wind energy makes sense in Canada at a generation cost of 3 to 4 cents per kWh as the article I posted indicates.
            I would certainly like an answer to my concern which you and Chuck refuse to address which is what is the actual cost of providing wind energy 24 hrs. a day 365 days a year, this requires more than just wind mills. So yes when wind energy is available it is affordable at 4 cents a kilowatt. But when you have to have a back up generation system doesn't that contribute to the cost? As for what I pay for power I pay 6.9 cents a kilowatt under a fixed price contract with Enmax for the generation aspect, the transmission and administration costs amount to another 13-15 cents a kilowatt depending on the time of year. In the winter it is the lower number due to higher consumption. Usually if I average it out over a whole year I pay just over 20 cents a kilowatt all in. If I went without a fixed price contract I would have payed closer to 5 cents a kilowatt last year but for months like this January 2020 the variable rate will be closer to 8 cents a kilowatt due to the cold weather and Alberta's generation being taxed to the limit.

Comment

Why can no one answer the questions I asked. Why deal in hyperbole. I posted a CBC article that quotes the price of contracts for wind energy (the article says it is about 4 cents a kw hour. I also asked what we pay for energy in Sask and Alberta

From my previous post
              Obviously you didn't see admit that Denmark is 10 times 3 cents!

Click image for larger version

Name:	electricity-prices-europe-2017.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	769324

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                Obviously you didn't see admit that Denmark is 10 times 3 cents!

[ATTACH]5511[/ATTACH]
                Some huge increases in the past ten years !!
                Something to look foreword to here in Canada.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...