• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Climate Change Australia

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    No one is going to change their mind or be convinced they are wrong. Why bother?
    Agreed, I have quit engaging Chuck on the climate file(except when he says or does something exceptionally absurd, and I just can't resist making fun of him). But I mistakenly thought that mustard was open minded about the issue. He proved me wrong, and I regret spending the time finding the information for him.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      We are all missing the bigger picture here so to speak.

Mallee Has suggested that this may be a nudist beach. If you want to attract attention to the plight of sea level rise, We need pictures. And Mallee, If you post any selfies from the beach, I will put you on ignore permanently and then burn my computer screen.

If a nudist beach full of ladies such as that in the second picture is at risk, I guarantee a bunch of grumpy farmers can all unite behind that cause. Probably generate a record number of views from all of the concerned members of Agriville.
      I cannot believe the propagandists and Spin Doctors on the alarmist side aren't taking full advantage of this catastrophe, and public relations Gold mine.
      But, I still thought this was a really good post, and yet I only got one like, and most importantly, still no pictures of the nude beach. We need pictures, before it is underwater forever!!!

Comment

But, I still thought this was a really good post, and yet I only got one like, and most importantly, still no pictures of the nude beach. We need pictures, before it is underwater forever!!!
        A full frontal of malleefarmer could easily be confused with best dried flower arrangement at your local county fair floral contest

Comment

Agreed, I have quit engaging Chuck on the climate file(except when he says or does something exceptionally absurd, and I just can't resist making fun of him). But I mistakenly thought that mustard was open minded about the issue. He proved me wrong, and I regret spending the time finding the information for him.
          The Debate should not be about IF global warming is happening
          The Debate SHOULD be about what we do to help stop it

Comment

A5 gave up because after repeated requests for months to provide independent credible scientific evidence from climate scientists and their organizations that shows human caused climate change is not happening, he has delivered zero.

A5 has not been able to name one credible scientific organization that says human caused climate is a hoax or a fraud.

I have provided evidence and statements from world class scientific organizations. In response A5 resorts to personal attacks and anecdotal evidence with a sprinkling of pseudo science from climate change denial sites.

A5 is just not ready to admit defeat but his lack of credible responses confirm the white flag has gone up.

Comment

None of you people ever pasted a link to explain how are temps and C02 measured/calculated for the whole planet and how much margin of error, since no estimates are 100% accurate.

This popped up in news, and anyone with a brain can grasp that such measurements are very inaccurate, mostly WAG's, with thousands of places for errors to happen, extremely complex.

"While measurements like those at Mauna Loa can reveal how much carbon dioxide has ended up in the atmosphere, it doesn’t tell you what has been put in. Less than half of emissions actually remain in the air. The rest are absorbed by land and oceans, where the total stored carbon cannot be directly measured. Instead, humanity’s cumulative carbon dioxide contribution must be estimated in the same way as contemporary emissions: by accounting for energy use and changes in land use, and converting these figures into emissions stats.
              Satellites using remote sensing to monitor carbon dioxide levels are already in operation but provide too sparse a picture to regularly track emissions across the globe. The European Space Agency is planning a new fleet for launch starting in 2025 that it expects will watch emissions unfold in unprecedented detail — resolving plumes of carbon dioxide just 2 kilometers across, while aiming to measure each location on Earth every three days. Together with ground-based observations and information from other agencies, these space missions will provide a far more current picture of emissions patterns.
              A core question of climate science is how much the world warms for a given amount of carbon dioxide emitted. (And that’s notably ignoring other potent greenhouse gases such as methane, ozone and nitrous oxide, among others.)"

Water vapor the most influential greenhouse gas, as in cloudy days are warmer. And certainly measurements pre industrial age are even bigger WAGs!

https://www.knowablemagazine.org/article/sustainability/2019/calculate-carbon-footprint https://www.knowablemagazine.org/article/sustainability/2019/calculate-carbon-footprint

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...