• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla cybertruck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALBERTAFARMER4 View Post
    When is the last time the price of electricity went up for a long
    weekend?
    Fuel prices are pretty much where they were a decade ago or even lower. Electricity has doubled in price and goes up every few yrs.

That's the difference between a discovered and created resource. The feedstock for FF cars is just laying around in the reservoirs.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      Fuel prices are pretty much where they were a decade ago or even lower. Electricity has doubled in price and goes up every few yrs.

That's the difference between a discovered and created resource. The feedstock for FF cars is just laying around in the reservoirs.
      The technology revolution that is shale, has driven the cost of oil and gas down relentlessly, in both relative and absolute terms, and isn't done yet. Electricity costs should have benefited greatly from this same revolution, but unfortunately it has relentlessly been increasing while its main feedstock (in some locations and times, natural gas cannot be given away, literally) goes down in price. All thanks to renewables, and as with the fossil fuel trend, there is no end in sight to the price increases in electricity.

If I were in the EV business, I would be the biggest proponent of fossil fuels, since renewables are likely to kill the EV market before it gets off the ground. Quite ironic really. And sad.

Comment

A5 You avoided answering this question before.

Show us your numbers from around the world that prove that Bloomberg and the IEA are wrong about renewable electricity!

If you are going to make statements that renewables are the only cause or responsible for price increases in electricity around the world, then show us the numbers to prove it.

Comment

Not sure why Musk allowed his design staff to get high before he imagined that truck.

This is the Rivian, a much better design than Musks moon car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-Rivian-R1T-FrontSide_RIR1T2101_640x480.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	769149

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            If you are going to make statements that renewables are the only cause or responsible for price increases in electricity around the world, then show us the numbers to prove it.
            Why haven't hybrids penetrated the market more? That's a 15yr old technology.

That's your model for how far electric will go - 10% penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
              Not sure why Musk allowed his design staff to get high before he imagined that truck.

This is the Rivian, a much better design than Musks moon car.

[ATTACH]5286[/ATTACH]
              The Rivian is dramatically more expensive and has a 4.5 foot box. I like the styling but here is the cost analysis on that vehicle compared to the cybertruck.

Rivian 105 kWh starts at $69K USD for 230 miles of range.
              Cybertruck dual motor starts at $49,900 USD for 300 miles of range.

Infact the top trim level cybertruck ($70K USD, 0-60 in 2.9s, 10.8s quarter mile, 14,000lbs towing, 500+ mile range) is the same price as the smallest battery Rivian.

So the question is, would you spend the same price to get a truck that is slower, has a smaller box, has half the range, is not compatible with the existing Tesla supercharging network, tows 3000lbs less, has room for one less passenger, and has the standard body paneling of trucks today that is kleenex thin?

Now that being said I think the Rivian is a beautiful truck and the quad motors that allow it to spin on its own footprint like a skidsteer are really next level.

Comment

A5 You avoided answering this question before.

Show us your numbers from around the world that prove that Bloomberg and the IEA are wrong about renewable electricity!

You make an impossible request, I see you're still not quite clear on how this whole science thing works. I would need to prove every single installation, you would only need to find one that disproves my statement and shows me to be wrong. If I state that the sun still rises in the east everywhere, and you make a counterclaim that it doesn't, the onus is not on me to travel to every point on the globe and verify that the sun still rises in the east, the rational thing to do is for you to show the one exception that would completely prove my assertion wrong. I've been helping you out, and looking for that single example, and have yet to find it. Though I expect it must exist, on some tropical island where the sun always shines, and the wind always blows, and they previously brought fossil fuel for generators by helicopter, but I still can't find it in my searches.

Comment

A5 quote "You make an impossible request,"

Yes because you made a broad sweeping generalization that renewables have raised the cost of electricity EVERYWHERE without any evidence. Is that true in India, China, African countries and every European country? If you still believe that how do you know?

If you are going to make stupid generalizations without evidence then maybe shut up next time! LMAO

Don't forget to contact the IEA and Bloomberg and tell them their forecasts are wrong!
                  Last edited by chuckChuck; Nov 26, 2019, 09:45.

Comment

A5 quote "You make an impossible request,"

Yes because you made a broad sweeping generalization that renewables have raised the cost of electricity EVERYWHERE without any evidence. Is that true in India, China, African countries and every European country? If you still believe that how do you know?

If you are going to make stupid generalizations without evidence then maybe shut up next time! LMAO

Don't forget to contact the IEA and Bloomberg and tell them their forecasts are wrong!
                    I will take that as a no, that you haven't been able to find a counter example then, just forecasts and models as usual. Thanks for looking.

Comment

The Rivian is dramatically more expensive and has a 4.5 foot box. I like the styling but here is the cost analysis on that vehicle compared to the cybertruck.

Rivian 105 kWh starts at $69K USD for 230 miles of range.
                      Cybertruck dual motor starts at $49,900 USD for 300 miles of range.

Infact the top trim level cybertruck ($70K USD, 0-60 in 2.9s, 10.8s quarter mile, 14,000lbs towing, 500+ mile range) is the same price as the smallest battery Rivian.

So the question is, would you spend the same price to get a truck that is slower, has a smaller box, has half the range, is not compatible with the existing Tesla supercharging network, tows 3000lbs less, has room for one less passenger, and has the standard body paneling of trucks today that is kleenex thin?

Now that being said I think the Rivian is a beautiful truck and the quad motors that allow it to spin on its own footprint like a skidsteer are really next level.
                      Perhaps because given Tesla's track record for over promising and under delivering, and constant death watch on their financials, no one actually believes the hype, or the price, or that they may even be around long enough to produce the truck if you do order one. Although I see that their 3rd quarter was actually positive for the first time, but analysts are not friendly going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        Perhaps because given Tesla's track record for over promising and under delivering, and constant death watch on their financials, no one actually believes the hype, or the price, or that they may even be around long enough to produce the truck if you do order one. Although I see that their 3rd quarter was actually positive for the first time, but analysts are not friendly going forward.
                        This is what a dying company looks like....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 9.17.59 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	769150

Comment

This is what a dying company looks like....
                          Teslas cash burn rate is unsustainable. Their production cycle is 3 times longer than any other car company. They have no history of reliability and just like when the hybrids started having problems, people had second thoughts.

They will be bought out someday. They are just an R&D lab.

Comment

They certainly have a reliability record.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/tesla-model-3-loses-cr-recommendation-over-reliability-issues/ https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/tesla-model-3-loses-cr-recommendation-over-reliability-issues/

Comment

lots of reports of tesla memory chips going bad essentially bricking the car Tesla not considering this a warranty item, and no replacement parts.

Comment

Tesla is relatively young automaker and their quality control needs some tuning. However Tesla has received 250000 orders for the cyber truck since last weeks unveiling, demand won't be a problem.
                                Last edited by biglentil; Nov 27, 2019, 07:52.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...