• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quebec...Freezing with the lights on?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormnorm View Post
    And bye the way NG and LP we use is from western Canada,Trans Canada pipeline pass 5km from m’y Farmer.
    TransCanada transports natural gas only not gas liquids like propane, butane etc. All your propane is coming in on train and truck it appears.

But we can fix that for you easy. Quid Pro Quo as they say. To gasify the rural like was done here 30 yrs ago Quebec is going to have to get over its aversion to pipelines and FF. Don't think you want to be drying grain or heating dairy and hog barns with hydro electric or wind and solar. That would awfully expensive and inefficient.

Or you could shut down the ag sector in Quebec like Ab is being asked to do with the patch. Non?

The realities of the world come creeping back in.
    Last edited by jazz; Nov 23, 2019, 11:57.

Comment

Flaring of nat gas in the Permian basin... its astounding!

We could be creating power, heat, petroleum byproducts etc.

Comment

Like Ontario there are 2 Québec rural and city people ,rural understand the need for oil,city people run the show,in 40 yrs farming i never had issue with supply of LP,NG is available where there is enough volume.

Comment

Like Ontario there are 2 Québec rural and city people ,rural understand the need for oil,city people run the show,in 40 yrs farming i never had issue with supply of LP,NG is available where there is enough volume.
          We have that same divide here in the west but I have never heard of our city people wanting to torpedo the prosperity of another region over a resource we all clearly and desperately need. I don't want to shut down hydro even though they have had some missteps.

Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver must have morphed into something much worse. This is all coming out of those areas.

Comment

Except the rural Block voters, the Blockheads are anti-Western Canadian fossil fuels.

Rural Ontario is mainly Conservative.

Quebec is a political mess.

Comment

The bloc vote was a defense move,Justin no chance,Scheer fumble the ball and Singh????

Comment

There is lots of NG in quebec
                Half the wells we drilled were good , st lawrence basin is rich in NG
                ALL , and i mean all , of the wells in NB , just across the border were boomers
                Too bad your govt has been so backwards and never invested in infrastructure
                Must say though , really enjoyed the normal rural people in quebec in my time there
                Last edited by Guest; Nov 23, 2019, 12:58.

Comment

Govt was willing to drill,environ Group were not and in the end they win,look what they done to trans Mountain,in my village we were 120 farmers and now down to 40, not much leverage l’est?

Comment

Govt was willing to drill,environ Group were not and in the end they win,look what they done to trans Mountain,in my village we were 120 farmers and now down to 40, not much leverage l’est?
                    Frustrating when inviro groups trump common sense .

Comment

The bloc vote was a defense move,Justin no chance,Scheer fumble the ball and Singh????
                      Its good to hear opinions from down east. Hopefully you guys open some eyes down there.

Comment

Lot of misunderstanding and false fact on both side ,langage barrier doesnt help.

Comment

Yea , last one that was at trois rivier needed gaurds at the entrance for those wingnuts
                          First one we drilled at joly was one of the best places i worked
                          Where you at ?

Comment

Southwest of Montréal,Châteauguay river valley,growing corn and soybean.

Comment

Lot of misunderstanding and false fact on both side ,langage barrier doesnt help.
                              I can understand downtown GTA or Montreal but I just cant fathom those few seats further out in the GTA, Quebec rural and the Maritimes WTH they were thinking.

I mean Trudeau cancelled a bunch of steel pipeline projects, gave away a huge steel contract to the Chinese and Hamilton voted for him. WTF???

Comment

Southwest of Montréal,Châteauguay river valley,growing corn and soybean.
                                Hope you get your propane but more importantly you guys have the ear of your govt and I hope that helps make some changes in this country because we are good as dead if we stay on this path. Politicians are tearing this place apart at the seams.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...