• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hospital Emergency Department Experience.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staff are generally very good. There are some real angels in those hospitals.

Everyone needs to be patient and understanding. They are sometimes stretched to their limits.

A greatful "thank you" can go a long way and lets them know they're appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by sk_wheatking View Post
      Yup, I feel sorry for the staff at hospitals like N.B. or P.A.
      I think some leaders should have to spend a few days in those emergency and admitting areas or just the front doors for that matter, then do some soul searching for real answers to real problems. Walk in clinics are an absolute shit show as well, and I find that some doctors want to run as many patients that they can through the system on their shift to maximize their pay cheque! I visited a friend in st Paul's hospital in saskatoon, it's a border line war zone from the parking lot through the front doors and into the lobby!
      its those high price ceo's and the like that need to throw some scrubs on and help in those "war zones" for a few days
      its getting cleaned up some but just a few years ago an accountant (ceo) of health district was making more than the doctors here

Comment

Son broke his leg motorbike accident.

Tibia or fibula snapped like a carrot rods inserted.

Lots of bad stories here about women’s and children’s emergency ward.

Land speed record was in big smoke in ambulance within one hour 15 minutes.

Time he entered emergency till time he hit operating table including X-rays 24 min

No complaints from me fantastic.

12 yrs old at the time

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Try ST Pauls in Saskatoon. Now, thats an eye-opener.

They need to have an ER for Colds and flu and broken fingers and toes and its Friday lets go to the DR. and an ER for serious shit.
          Most females are offered security walking to their vehicle after shifts at this hospital for a reason.
          A nurse in Saskatoon told me about 1/3 of people who go to Emergency should be going to the clinic. In addition to this there is the messydrunk/drugged out crowd to deal with.

Farmaholic is right that a user fee would decrease the abuse. The large segment of the population that uses ambulances as a taxi service wouldn’t have to pay a user fee though.

Comment

A study actually found a very small number of people created a very large percentage of the workload in RUH emergency.

Homelessness,drugs and alcohol were the main problems. They created a small section of the hospital to deal with the repeat offenders and their issues to free up space for real emergencies. So they are doing something about it.

Also believe that they have a housing unit, not at the hospital, to get them off the streets and reduce their use of the system.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...