• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Harvest Progress or Regress

Collapse
X
Collapse
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Braveheart
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2001
    • 3257

    #21
    Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
    Got back into the field yesterday. Beans are tough but it is go now or spring. One week to go if weather permits.
    Roland or Kane area? Heard some trying there.

    Comment

    • woodland
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2015
      • 1973

      #22


      Is wheat supposed to flow out of the hatch with the box raised? Not sure if it’s “progress” but acres are being “chewed” through around here. If one machine didn’t blow a cylinder belt and the unexpected rain/ snow the other day we’d be finishing up tonight.

      Comment

      • farmaholic
        Senior Member
        • Sep 2010
        • 17489

        #23
        Saw some of those silk threads floating around and on the ground today.

        Oh oh

        Comment

        • helmsdale
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2014
          • 2135

          #24
          We're done with the exception of a couple low spots.

          Been helping the neighbor get his mustard done. Should finish tonight...

          I've put 430 hours on the engine this season and the old girl hardly stops except for the occasional piss break and supper. I'm ready to put it to bed, but I can't in good conscience leave a neighbor to fend for himself when I'm sitting in the yard.

          Comment

          • helmsdale
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2014
            • 2135

            #25
            Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Saw some of those silk threads floating around and on the ground today.

            Oh oh
            Seen sun dogs yesterday...

            Comment

            • MBgrower
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2012
              • 1565

              #26
              Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
              Sun is out and wind up. There is hope.
              Must be good yields. Guys around here tried before the big snow, and were getting 25-35 bpa on beans due to drought this summer, so not much better than crop insurance levels, Most are waiting for November hard freeze or leave till spring. Dont want to rut and destroy the fields, bin there done that.

              Comment

              • iceman
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2014
                • 751

                #27
                I wonder if salesmen with still be advertising 5000 acres per combine after this year again

                Iceman

                Comment

                • sk_wheatking
                  Senior Member
                  • Sep 2011
                  • 898

                  #28
                  Originally posted by iceman View Post
                  I wonder if salesmen with still be advertising 5000 acres per combine after this year again

                  Iceman
                  No, their at 5250 now I guess

                  Maverick

                  Comment

                  • Guest

                    #29
                    Originally posted by iceman View Post
                    I wonder if salesmen with still be advertising 5000 acres per combine after this year again

                    Iceman
                    Anything over 2000 here you better be organized and have the dryer going early

                    Comment

                    • agstar77
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2001
                      • 6355

                      #30
                      Went for 4 hrs then drizzle. South interlake.

                      Comment

                      • Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...