• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure what to do with this

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
    Funny on the gumbo where the protill went last fall is the nicest canola establishment. Like cutting knife.
    Maybe it turns that cement into something more mellow?

Comment

Could be or its the stimulation of the microbiome which gave the canola that fighting chance.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Could be or its the stimulation of the microbiome which gave the canola that fighting chance.
        Oxygenating?

In the Slum we would be dehydrating

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

I'll get it right eventually.
          Don’t you know global warming it won’t freeze until November. No worries.

Comment

Looks better than a lot of my canola now. Mine has drowned. Lakes everywhere and forecast calling for more rain tomorrow night. Got a half inch this evening after 3 in in last week and 7 in last month on top of a full soil moisture profile. A bit of rain and yours goes. Fields here look like rice patties. Drought beats a flood any day.

Comment

The most frustrating part is for everyone now , the market is plunging . 👎👎
              Scattered rain does not make a General good crop .... markets need an ass kickin

Comment

Sorry to all you guys who are still dry. We were dry and now have had almost daily rain for 2 weeks and need some heat and sun and a break on the wet stuff.

LEP to your question, you dont really have a choice other than to wait, hard as it is. No point in reseeding if it's too dry already. Think you have more upside as is than summerfallowing it, dont imagine the weed pressure is that high. As for fall frost, could be an issue but I think often those stalled plants seem to know how many days they were in the ground and catch up faster than you think if the rain comes. Even the multiple stage germ we all worry about usually can be managed come fall.

Comment

Our canola is closer to your second picture than the first.

The only solice i found was a picture on my phone from 2017 taken July 3rd. In that one the canola looks very similar to your first picture and it made 60bushel in the bin.

Our crops are much worse than that this year.

Comment

I’d leave it. Canola is the last crop you wanna count out.

Iceman

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                      I’d leave it. Canola is the last crop you wanna count out.

Iceman
                      Yes, and according to lots of market newsletters we are all heading for an average crop.

Probably better to go the lake for a week or two and try thinking about something else.

Comment

Crop insurance isn’t likely going to let you do anything with it unless you want to give up your coverage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...