• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Semi license

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dalek View Post
    not even. Stopping at stop signs is a skill even children on bicycles who’ve never heard of drivers licenses are expected to understand

Government political 'red tape regulation removal training' [at least 120 hours worth of 'common sense testing needed] before politicians are allowed to run for elected public office positions!

Then;

How about [120 hours] training... and passing of practical and written exams... for voters...TO VOTE

Then;

How about [120 hours] more training for the 'government highways engineers' who blew the intersection safety testing exam... Multiple times...after there were multiple unsafe intersection failures [in the form of previous fatal accidents at that major intersection].

Could Go On and On and...

Insanity... Is humans doing exactly the same thing over and over again... Yet expecting a different result each time.

It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong. Voltaire
    Last edited by TOM4CWB; Jun 2, 2019, 06:15.

Comment

Sgi keeps racheting up the rules, the fines, the fee for points. Works perfectly with the 60km speedlimits showing up all over grid roads. Its getting a little rediculous. I thought the idea of crown corps was for the benefit of the people. Instead they've become a device to control, extort and gouge. Im ready for privatization, kick those appointed fat cat buffoons out.

Comment

NOBODY should get a free pass.

As I mentioned before, maybe every applicant for 1A should be assessed. There could be 14 year old farm kids with way more skill than some new immigrant. An extreme example but valid. For some people endless training may never be enough. And then there's common sense....stop signs and rules of the road are not optional like they are in some countries.

If someone is just part way through the training course and it's obvious they have it aced, why continue with training. Two people would have to verify the 1A student is ready to go it alone, the driving instructor and the guy who tests. If the driver passes, I guess they have a license.

I really don't believe in a "graduated(restricted)" 1A license? ....how can you restrict what, where and when they drive in a "job" setting? You are either qualified or you're NOT. An inexperienced unqualified driver is as dangerous within a 150 km radius of home base as they are 1500 kms away. Do you restrict the size of the rig and it's weight? ...hard to do in a commercial job setting.

Comment

I really do have to agree with some people's assessment of the situation.... it appears that everyone will pay for the failure of the "system". Too many rubber stamps? Not enough accountability in the training centers and testers? Not enough "standardization"?

To me, the people who test the drivers should be as accountable as the people who sign the trucking equipment "safety" inspections(that might be not good either).

Not every nationality operates on the same set of morals and beliefs, seems some are bent on cheating the system where they can. New drivers seeking out both training schools and testers of the same nationality is dangerous.

Call me racist!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...