• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fert Prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was told today that US is having difficulty with barge traffic in Mississippi and is pulling loads out of Canada, expecting $70/t increase so who knows what or who to believe. I'm all bought up, just asked for fun.

Comment

I said it felt like 2008 all over again when I was buying last fall, although to a much lesser degree.

My supplier said I could have paid well below $500/tonne if I had bought in July/August of 2018 and taken delivery in Sept.

So instead I probably paid $100/tonne more last Oct/Nov and now it's cheaper than that price I paid.

I mentioned the flooded Mississippi to him and seemed he had to think about the ramifications.....if the wholesale industry has trouble barging fert up from New Orleans....where do you think it is going to come from?

He assures me spring prices are stable!

Can I have that in writing please?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...