• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jazz View Post
    Bucket, like our wildly popular infrastructure bank that Trudeau created. All the regular investors fled the country right after Trudeau was elected. So guess who is the sole investor in the infrastructure bank - Quebec Pension plan. How many projects, just one. Who is the contractor for it, well SNC of course.

God our country reeks with disgusting corruption.
    Yup you have identified the major problem....but you have to admire the norwegians engineering feats....

I watch too much discovery channel...

Comment

I am interested in what your suggestions are? or do you like the current place we have in confederation?
      No I certanly dont like where we are in confederation ,I think the solution is to have our elested officals actualy stand up instead of jumping when thier leader says frog,and that comes back to the local constituancy being active and not afraid to turf thier man if he goes against local wishes.
      How many take your wishes to ottawa as to how many deliver ottawas message to us,if we get over the idea of we have to back a winner I think things could get better. We have to stop electonereng and try governing,and if you have to piss in someones cornflakes so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        Pretty ****ing hard when keebeck took most of it ???
        Perhaps we should take Chucks advice and start withdrawing from the massive savings account that is our investment in Quebec over the past decades. I trust they have put it to good use, invested in wise prudent projects and grown the principle.

Always amazes me when ignorant people try to compare a united sovereign country with full control over their own resources and finances to a single province in a dysfunctional confederation with very little control over their resources or tax revenues.

Then they blame the victim.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Perhaps we should take Chucks advice and start withdrawing from the massive savings account that is our investment in Quebec over the past decades. I trust they have put it to good use, invested in wise prudent projects and grown the principle.

Always amazes me when ignorant people try to compare a united sovereign country with full control over their own resources and finances to a single province in a dysfunctional confederation with very little control over their resources or tax revenues.

Then they blame the victim.
          Very little control over their resources or tax revenues! Hahahaha. Alberta has lots of control over their resources and provincial tax revenues they just chose to operate a province with no PST and run core government programs and spending on one time resource revenues.

Albertan's chose their own provincial governments and how they wanted to use their one time natural resource revenue in a boom and bust economy. Don't blame anyone except your selves.

Lougheed had a much more balanced view of what to do and wanted slower growth and something put away for future generations.

Alberta is not Norway that is for sure, but real fiscal conservatives and good managers would have done a better job of managing the booms and busts and there would be a sizable heritage savings fund.

Alaskans figured this out with their Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation. https://apfc.org/

Take a look! A state owned fund with $60 Billion dollars in assets to benefit all their citizens. What a bunch radicals they are! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            Very little control over their resources or tax revenues! Hahahaha. Alberta has lots of control over their resources and provincial tax revenues they just chose to operate a province with no PST and run core government programs and spending on one time resource revenues.

Albertan's chose their own provincial governments and how they wanted to use their one time natural resource revenue in a boom and bust economy. Don't blame anyone except your selves.

Lougheed had a much more balanced view of what to do and wanted slower growth and something put away for future generations.

Alberta is not Norway that is for sure, but real fiscal conservatives and good managers would have done a better job of managing the booms and busts and there would be a sizable heritage savings fund.

Alaskans figured this out with their Alaska Permanent Fund Corporation. https://apfc.org/

Take a look! A state owned fund with $60 Billion dollars in assets to benefit all their citizens. What a bunch radicals they are! LOL
            As I said, you will blame the victim.

Yes, and if we would have done the right thing and separated, joining the US decades ago, we could be as successful as Alaskans today too, instead we invested in Quebec.

Alberta donated net $221 Billion more than what it received to the rest of Canada ( majority being Quebec), just from the period of 2007 to 2015 ( not Cherry picking on my part, that was just the first figure I came across). https://globalnews.ca/news/3594737/alberta-gives-more-than-it-gets-from-federal-government-fraser-institute/ https://globalnews.ca/news/3594737/alberta-gives-more-than-it-gets-from-federal-government-fraser-institute/ Alaska has had decades to build a fund worth only $60 Billion, we could have had almost 4 times that in just 9 years. Except the rotten arrangement goes back decades before that. It isn't the victims fault that the bully keeps stealing the lunch money then blaming them for not saving and managing their finances better.

Norway has $1 trillion. Roughly 4 times what we lost in one 9 year period, so 4 * 9 years is 36 years. Rough math, if investment income on the fund cancels out the effects of inflation, if equalization was ended in 1983, we would already have $1 trillion as well.

But better to blame the victim.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              with no PST and run core government programs and spending on one time resource revenues.
              Edit to add that I too am all in favour of a PST, in fact I am in favour of entirely replacing punishing discriminatory, disinsentivizing income taxes with voluntary( in the fact that we can chose what to consume, we can't chose not to have income) consumption taxes, but that still doesn't solve the original issue of the drain equalization has on our finances, changing taxes within Alberta is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Comment

Bucket, like our wildly popular infrastructure bank that Trudeau created. All the regular investors fled the country right after Trudeau was elected. So guess who is the sole investor in the infrastructure bank - Quebec Pension plan. How many projects, just one. Who is the contractor for it, well SNC of course.

God our country reeks with disgusting corruption.
                I’m surprised that Bombardier hasn’t been made a beneficiary of the “infrastructure slush fund” yet.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...