• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If farmers must pay more for seed, they want more say

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    Bucket,

From talking to the farm manager at CDC Saskatoon[at the breeder farm in the day]... they did not admit it, but the breeder seed that was contaminated with the triffid genetics... appeared to originate in Saskatoon breeder farm... where triffid was first bred and developed... which would make logical and common sense... but could not be proven enough to initiate legal proceedings.

Since the triffid gene was approved in the USA and China... they let their guard down and increased seed production before the EU approved the triffid gene. Then when the EU refused to approve the triffid event... that is when everything went sideways.

Question; what moral reason would there be... to destroy the variety development programs at CDC Saskatoon... to prove a point of the blunder origination. Millions of $$$ were lost by farmers, grain co's... seed companies... none of which was any of their faults.

Static electricity means normal cleaning procedures would NOT be adequate to prevent contamination of other breeder stocks of flax... if they went through the same cleaning equipment, combine, seeder etc. Not only is static electricity a problem, but if there is any moisture on any piece or part of any equipment used... the flax kernel will also stick like glue... and could release and contaminate anything any time for years into the future.

Normally mixing a few seeds between flax varieties would not be critical. However the EU has purity testing that can test to the parts per million of DNA of the triffid gene. Since it was/is GMO... they said ZERO tolerance... down to the parts per million... even if it [the meal after crushing] was going in pet food.

But
    This has been revealed to you before Bucket... Please forgive and let us go forward in a positive attitude.

Cheers
    I am going forward....what happens to those responsible the next time it happens....

Maybe you could explain the 8 RRWHEAT plants as well and who paid for the temporary market issues....

It's getting old that there is never a plan to hold people responsible for their misdeeds....while sending the bills back to the primary producer ....and still asking for more...

Comment

To me it feels like the SeedCos and their ilk are sending in the Trojan Horse and Tom4_____ is inside. I haven't yet heard him completely denounce the proposals, only to "negotiate" the options presented to us. How about the "**** you" option?

This is nothing but a money grab, plain and simple.

SeedCos should take a ****en risk breeding a variety and hope it gains widespread acceptance like the farmer's have to growing it and hoping it performs and lives up to all it's grandiose promises.

I do not want to tithe a percentage of my crop every year to the Church of SeedCo. I already bought the ****en stuff and don't want to continue to pay to use it over and over again until I decide to buy and try something different.

There have been some very good points made AGAINST the proposals in this thread and other threads proceeding this one on this very topic.

Who is going to guarantee me value for their guaranteed royalties. How does this shit ever get enacted?
      Last edited by farmaholic; Feb 12, 2019, 22:28.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...