• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB hosting meetings to gain Input.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boone;

CWB theory of the lowest price being the law... sadly works on CWB grain sales... and the CWB sales Dept. believes this theory... perfect proof is the 2002-03 Wheat Pool deficit.

CWB monopoly policies prevent innovation and creativity of individual farmers... while padding the pockets of their "Customers"

BUT;

Should I blame the CWB sales department?

If we stupid farmers will swallow left wing retoric... hook line and sinker... don't we deserve exactly what we are asking for... the lowest priced grains for the best quality and service the CWB can get away with?

After all, the CWB has no legal "duty of care" to "designated area" grain farmers to get the best price... according to the Manitoba Court of Appeal.

Now Boone;

How do you expect the CWB to change, or what of our many cash/flex pricing requirements should be implemented in time for the 2004-05 crop year?

Comment

tom4cwb: I have a sense that these guys are scrambling to do better. I have seen the anxious moments when the directors feel they have let down their rank and file and that includes you, and parsley etc. they are men trying to work on points that will advance marketing. I have a feeling that there is sincere good will and effort. You do yourselves and anyone else little credit to always be at loggerheads. I express full consideration for your points of view. Now don't stand up at meetings and pick fights. Some of you have visability in speaking out. I would ask you to work with them to find solutions, even with discourse you will achieve results. MANY OF YOU HAVE CONSIDERABLE MARKETING EXPERIENCE these are the what ifs they need to advance. Building walls by either party shadow the truth. Showup and don't quit till solutions are at hand. Any less and you are playing into the hands of groups that want zero change. And I may be Whacko but I'm hardly left. My neighbours would get a kick out of the possibility.

Comment

Tom4CWB wrote: “CWB theory of the lowest price being the law... sadly works on CWB grain sales…”. Sad but true. Here’s a little exercise for anyone who wants to dig a little.

First, take the CWB’s average sale price for sales of feed barley (basis Vancouver) made during a particular crop year (get it from the CWB Annual Report). Now compare that price to the market prices (basis Portland) for that year (available through USDA). You will see that the weighted average of the sales that the CWB made on your behalf, year after year, is at the LOW end of the west coast feed barley market during the year - not even average. After CWB admin expenses, it could actually be lower than the lowest Portland price.

If you’re forced to market your grain through a third party, shouldn’t it do a better job than that?

Next exercise – do the same on malt barley. Ouch!

I guess my input for the CWB meetings is to urge the CWB to PROVE, MEASURE and DOCUMENT its value. And then do it every year.

Comment

Boone;

Fear is a hard emotion to nail down, it has roots in hate, jelousy, anger, and frustration.

Fair honest consultation has not been offered by the CWB... there are too many sacred cows they felt must be protected...

Yet fear of the unknown didn't stop our forefathers for a moment... they had faith in GOD and therefore the future of this land. AND with good reason.

WE have been blessed... no question about this.

SInce 1996 the CWB had a roadmap to choice and change... to follow based specifically on consultations and consensus recomendations contained in the Western Grain Marketing Pannel Report.

The solutions are simple.

Yet only a token change has been incorporated into CWB marketing.

A international cash market for CWB Feed Barley was an immediate requirement... this was killed by CWB backstabbing in 1996...we still are waiting.

CPS/CWES smaller acreage wheat crops were recomended some freedom of marketing (choice)to be opened up... this has not happened.

A CWRS cash market... was suggested... where is it?

The same old retoric comes out of the CWB...

What makes you think anything has changed this time...?

Only now that the Alberta Gov. is in full advance to start market choice options... capped by marketing blunders that hurt many grain farmers and their families...

Simple proof of why choice must come.

Sadly you Boone (and the CWB of course) have mocked this honest attempt to get miniscule change in gear.

You must admit that we need a lot more from the CWB than has been given over the past 8 years... or we will have less left of the CWB than is left of the CROW Rail RATES now.

Much constructive dedicated positive input was given... over the past decade...in a spirit of love... and compassion for our neighbour...

Only to be mocked and spit on by fearmongers and CWB managers.

Watershed moments...

Will this be a constructive creation of a new positive marketing system...?

AS I read the CWB Management... they would rather destroy the CWB... TOTALLY

Than allow a great innovative marketing system to flourish that proves they lied to farmers for the last 50 years.

I can forgive the CWB...

I don't know how much "goodwill" is left with the average commercial farmer who produces the majority of the grain the CWB must procure.

What do you think Boone, is there enough goodwill on either side to fix the CWB?

Comment

boone, These guys at the Board HAVE to do better or everything is going to crash down around their heads. Legally.

There is a class action courtcase that argues cash has been taken illegally from the pooling accounts. That's serious, not only from a theft point of view, but it makes farmers wonder what else is going on that we don't know about. The losses in association with EDC, for example.

There is the NAFTA problem they have regarding restrictions on barley exports. That alone provides the Americans with a legal reason to slam shut the border. And if you think the cattlemen have problems now, just wait!

boone, ask why the pooling accounts should be paying $10M for the trade disputes when trade and trade-costs are the Federal Government'sresponsibility.

and on and on.

We're both farmers, boone, and we both have a common goal...to make sure our kids are fed and the taxes get paid.

That's why we have to really make sure we try to listen to each other and acknowledge that black and white facts can't be shoved under the table. Not everyone is blowing wind up their Adam's apple. Ideally, you will WANT to listen, and WANT to work with me because we have a wonderful common denominator called farming. Want to, boone, want to. That's the operative word.

Parsley

Comment

parsley,tom4cwb,chaffmeister:",,,,roger,,,affirmat ive,,,,,I read you ,,,,clearly,,, over and out!

boone

Comment

Boone;

THANKYOU for allowing us the opportunity to express our frustration.

I hope YOU take none of it personally, as you personally can do nothing to change the CWB... other than to do exactly what you did here...

Help us to express our legit concerns about the CWB... get them down in black and white...

Knowing what exactly the problem is... is 90% of solving a problem itself.

Thanks again!

Comment

Boone:

Thanks for the heads up. I have a dear friend who knows when i am overtired because I start to babble. He gives me the same wakeup call that you did.

Constructive dialogue is what we should all seek. There is always a better, faster and more efficient way to do everything that we do on this planet.

Let's find it and make it work.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...