• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renewables Chuck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a couple of peak electricity usage numbers from 2017. They have probably been surpassed by now but they indicate peak summer demand is not far behind peak winter demand.

July 10th, 2017 - 3419 Mw
    Jan 13, 2017 - 3747 Mw

“The winter peak record is still higher at 3,747 MW, but year-over-year we’re seeing the summer peak close the gap,” Kory Hayko, SaskPower’s vice-president of transmission and industrial services, said in a release.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      On my farm peak electrical consumption is August and September when I am running my aeration fans! Seems like there is lots of sun in August.

Hey maybe solar is a good fit on grain farms in the southern prairies?

Be carefull out there on the highway. Don't use your phone while driving or sitting in a tractor on the highway.
      But, but, but, My boss is a troll hounding me over a very strict deadline, When else am I supposed to get anything done, When I don't have the luxury of being a full-time paid Troll myself?

But at least I learned something Today, I did not know that crickets required aeration before. Thanks for the educational lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        But, but, but, My boss is a troll hounding me over a very strict deadline, When else am I supposed to get anything done, When I don't have the luxury of being a full-time paid Troll myself?

But at least I learned something Today, I did not know that crickets required aeration before. Thanks for the educational lesson.
        Don't flatter yourself with the idea that you are worth trolling. I think paid trolls have bigger fish to fry than little old agriville.

Comment

Don't flatter yourself with the idea that you are worth trolling. I think paid trolls have bigger fish to fry than little old agriville.
          Well I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving us. And just when we were starting to get to know each other and make some progress. What bigger and better things are you moving onto? The combine forum perhaps?

Comment

Your goodbye sentiments are premature. I am not going anywhere. And anyway it is too much fun on Agriville! LOL

You can carry on the Chuck is troll charade if you want or better yet use your very "limited" posting time to stick to good rebuttals with evidence and facts to back up your opinions.

That's not too much to expect is it?

Comment

Your goodbye sentiments are premature. I am not going anywhere. And anyway it is too much fun on Agriville! LOL

You can carry on the Chuck is troll charade if you want or better yet use your very "limited" posting time to stick to good rebuttals with evidence and facts to back up your opinions.

That's not too much to expect is it?
              Well some of us expect the same thing in return. And all we hear is crickets whenever we post a question which you don't like the answer to. Or you simply deflected with insults and irrelevant cut and paste. If you go back through this thread or any of the previous threads you can find A long list of unanswered questions and inconvenient facts that you could address please.

Meanwhile, we are enjoying some global warming here, Up to Double digit highs, And I have a lot better things to do, That are a lot easier to do now than when it's 40 below. When I will happily sit in front of the computer for a few hours and discuss this With evidence

Comment

There is good and bad news on the aeration with solar front. The latest research Says aeration at night is far more effective, turn the fans off during the day When the sun is shining on the panels. But the good news is that you only need 12 hours of Electrical power storage now. Where as the rest of us still need a full six months worth.

If you don't like Being perceived as a troll, The other option is a useful idiot. Personally I give you the benefit of the doubt that you are smart enough to make some profit from your Efforts. There is after all, a 97% consensus amongst agriville contributors Anyone who would devote that uch time and effort supporting policies intended to destroy Our economy and industries, can only be one or the other

Comment

Actually Charlie, I read a thing the other day from the Concerned Scientists that said Canada had the 3rd highest renewable sourced electrical grid in the world.

62% comes from Hydro.

Listening to Climate Barbie I assumed we were the dirty bastards.

Is that not something to be proud of ?

Comment

Manitoba has made huge investments in hydro dams and transmission lines to the point we are over producing now, with more production yet to come on line. MB Hydro now has a huge debt and MB rate and tax payers will be paying for these investments for decades to come. premier Pallister basically told Trudope that this should be factored in as part of Mb's contribution to the fed imposed carbon tax, but Trudope said no. So basically, forget about your past investments and improvements to reduce your carbon footprint, Trudope is really only after one thing: Net new tax revenues. F&ck, are carbon tax supporters ever stupid.

Comment

Renewable hydro power is only good for the purpose of inflating the good news about some significant renewable energy output. When it comes to the long distance power lines; then chuck won't be the first to volunteer. As would the loss of drowned out river bottom and loss of habitat. Nothing is free as will someday become evident to all.

And wind has already proven itself in suitable locations. But certainly not over chucks solar panels...and long term wind data close by should and would prove that to anyone but the chuck type.

Well maybe it did because he went "solar".. And his battery bank will not come soon. After 50 years we are still waiting for it to be viable. When it does it is to be hoped that its own merits will dictate what success it has.

Perhaps the best we can do is wait for chuck to give some truthful data about what we paid and will continue to pay; what freeloading solar involved with the substantial grid costs, transmission losses etc.; and what maintenance and rehabilitation grid line costs were avoided...AND when he expects to start repaying the lenders through cheap solar energy.

Or is the object to do what is in one's best interest and ease a conscience by selling how we have been saved from ruin through solar energy.

Who can stand to hear and rehear the rhetoric that what has been achieved in advanced civilizations is despicable and those involved should be ashamed of themselves. It seems to me that part of that scenario involves the same minority who wants complete and revolutionary lifestyle changes.

Not buying into that control.

Comment

It is a fact that when starting from scratch or near zero output;...it is very easy to show some remarkable and astronomical increases.

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
                          It is a fact that when starting from scratch or near zero output;...it is very easy to show some remarkable and astronomical increases.
                          Which leads to one of the math tricks these folks like to play on the mathematically ignorant. With claims such as fastest growing etc. If I put my hamster on a wheel with a generator, I just grew hampster power by infinity percent in one year, if I add another next year, 100% growth yoy.

Comment

How many times do I have to repeat that Saskpower is on track to have 50% renewables by 2030?

We will still be dependent on fossil energy after 2030, but your arguments that renewables such as wind and solar have no place in Saskatchewan is totally wrong as proven by Sask powers plans!

You have lost this argument, give up!

Renewables are here, they are currently operating and Saskpower is planning more.

Call up Saskpower and tell them they are wrong!

You can argue black is white and white is black.... Saskpower doesn't care.

They will tell you to bugger off with your negative, uninformed views. LMAO

Comment

For the umpteenth time

You can make anything fly by putting enough horse power behind it.

But not much sense asking for questions to be answered if it would potentially cause confusion in anyone's mind concerning

"what you know you already know"

Comment

Originally posted by oneoff View Post
                                For the umpteenth time

You can make anything fly by putting enough horse power behind it.

Which is another way of saying enough government subsidies, and enough mandate to pass on bloated and unnecessary costs to the end user.

Just because something is built due to misguided policy, usually by crony capitalists, doesn't automatically make it economical, viable, or sustainable. Canada is littered with examples.

I could seed the entire farm to pineapples next year, and by your logic, that automatically means that they will grow successfully, and profitably.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...