• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

public meetings … haha

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After reading poor wee fella I got to thinking that there is too much B.S. to address one at a time, if our energy was focused on western separation we would get a lot more birds with fewer stones.
    My God this country is headed the wrong direction

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
      I will support this cause, anyone have any idea how to get some media involved? I wouldn't even be aware of this if I didn't follow agriville.
      Good point that has to happen first people need to be made aware of what's going on.

Need a startup committee.

Should we be looking at a new farm
      Organization? Many other issues need to be discussed seperately.

I want to talk about crop
      Insurance also. Where's all the premium going.
      Not responsive to disasters
      Coverage behind the times disaster years should not be considered. Field by field guarantees?
      Premiums way too high
      Stability is a joke.

Carbon tax and credits

Provincials sales taxes vehicles

Transparent prices for grains

Farm fuel cost when a barrel of crude is next to nothing.

Property rights. Rural crime and safety.

Comment

I will support this cause, anyone have any idea how to get some media involved? I wouldn't even be aware of this if I didn't follow agriville.
        The media know about it - there was a piece on CBC Manitoba on Thursday ahead of the meeting in Winnipeg - gave interviews from people for and against (mainly against).

Comment

Are these meetings set up to listen to producer concerns and to take back to table for concern or are they set up to force their predetermined agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
            Are these meetings set up to listen to producer concerns and to take back to table for concern or are they set up to force their predetermined agenda?
            They are set up so that they can say consultation with concerned parties took place but the decisions and agenda are already predetermined. As I've said repeatedly the mistake producers made was not opposing UPOV'91 being introduced as that was the regulatory change that allowed what is happening now to occur.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              They are set up so that they can say consultation with concerned parties took place but the decisions and agenda are already predetermined. As I've said repeatedly the mistake producers made was not opposing UPOV'91 being introduced as that was the regulatory change that allowed what is happening now to occur.
              So change it all back.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                So change it all back.
                Probably not possible at this stage. Realize that all the trade deals that have been written since this change was made will incorporate the changes UPOV'91 brought in. About the only thing that would precipitate a change of the magnitude to reverse this would be if Canadian farmers could bring the country to it's knees by blockading railroads or food stores. It would take that much pressure on the Government before anything could happen. I can't see that happening when farmers are divided on this issue and it's difficult to get more than half a dozen to attend a local meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  Probably not possible at this stage. Realize that all the trade deals that have been written since this change was made will incorporate the changes UPOV'91 brought in. About the only thing that would precipitate a change of the magnitude to reverse this would be if Canadian farmers could bring the country to it's knees by blockading railroads or food stores. It would take that much pressure on the Government before anything could happen. I can't see that happening when farmers are divided on this issue and it's difficult to get more than half a dozen to attend a local meeting.
                  Are there actually farmers in favor of this?
                  I would prefer to block roads for a few days and get shit done over endless lobbying with no results.

Comment

Are there actually farmers in favor of this?
                    I would prefer to block roads for a few days and get shit done over endless lobbying with no results.
                    Seemingly so - even here on Agriville there seem to be supporters.
                    I'm with you on the road blockade thing but I guess it's not the Canadian way.

Comment

So the transmountain was blocked in court because lack of consultation what's different here? The meetings are fake all set up they don't represent the wants of farmers. Would this stand a court challenge?

Comment

So the transmountain was blocked in court because lack of consultation what's different here? The meetings are fake all set up they don't represent the wants of farmers. Would this stand a court challenge?
                        I think that's what needs to happen , Hope someone can pull it off
                        when was a kid , farmers drove tractors and blocked roads
                        one of the bigger farmers here hauled grain steady while the rest were protesting and laughed about not having any lineups at elevators

Comment

Seems like we need a union to represent farmers and hire some lawyers and lobbyists when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Marusko View Post
                            Seems like we need a union to represent farmers and hire some lawyers and lobbyists when needed.

Blockades work for farmers in Europe. We have the equipment and trucks to shut down every highway into every major Canadian city until we are heard.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                              Blockades work for farmers in Europe. We have the equipment and trucks to shut down every highway into every major Canadian city until we are heard.
                              We have the equipment but not the appetite it seems. Too many away on holiday, too many apathetic and then the guys like Case says that stay home and take personal advantage while the protestors are on the picket line.

Comment

During the early days of the BSE debacle when the packers were making out like bandits our NFU president said he was prepared to walk down the highway and blockade the slaughter plants. He said he would do it if he had 1000 people walking behind him but not if there were only 100. In reality there would only have been between 10-50. Just no appetite here for this kind of action seemingly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...