• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carbon tax on fertilizer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    Thats what were doin
    Your wastin your breath
    Sheeple will not be bullied , intimidated and called names anymore by the acid rain/global warming/climate change bullshit entitled assholes anymore
    The gore/suzuki types heyday is over
    The scam has run its course
    Onviously you are benifetting from the scam in whatever buisness you are in ?
    You might wanna look for another revenue stream
    Meanwhile us farmers are realizing there is no way we can pass along all the carbon tax that we will have passed onto us ; trucking , rail freight , fert man and trans , farm mach manufacturing , etc,etc,etc
    “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!”

Comment

Originally posted by Austranada View Post
      “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it!”
      But he is going to have to find another way to make a living . The global warming scam is over . Surely he can see that ????

Comment

Could you help me out Chuck?

I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what a carbon tax has to do with the world weather and climate.

Could you point out which one of these items on this graph we are changing and why?
        If you have trouble doing it, you could always call that fat headed David Suzuki to help, right?

Click image for larger version

Name:	SOLAR EXTRA TERRESTIAL climatefactors.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	766865

I find it hilarious that politicians and lawyers are trying to control a Complex Adaptive System which is clearly non-linear and is punctuated with discontinuities at unpredictable intervals.

Sir John Lovelock (Gaia) said that he thought anyone who thought they could predict what the earth was going to do more than 5 or 10 years into the future was an 'idiot'.

I know I would trust a farmer who opens the door in the morning and gets slapped in the face with a blast of water vapor more than trust a bobble head scientist who apparently gets slapped in the face with a blast of carbon dioxide opening his door.

Comment

Originally posted by RWT101 View Post

I'm having trouble figuring out exactly what a carbon tax has to do with the world weather and climate.

Could you point out which one of these items on this graph we are changing and why?
          If you have trouble doing it, you could always call that fat headed David Suzuki to help, right?

[ATTACH]3591[/ATTACH]

I find it hilarious that politicians and lawyers are trying to control a Complex Adaptive System which is clearly non-linear and is punctuated with discontinuities at unpredictable intervals.

Sir John Lovelock (Gaia) said that he thought anyone who thought they could predict what the earth was going to do more than 5 or 10 years into the future was an 'idiot'.

I know I would trust a farmer who opens the door in the morning and gets slapped in the face with a blast of water vapor more than trust a bobble head scientist who apparently gets slapped in the face with a blast of carbon dioxide opening his door.
          The internet is full of scientific explanations of climate change from "leftist environmental" organizations like NASA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and The American Meterological Association.

If you are too lazy to read about it on your own why should anyone bother listening to you spout conspiracy theories and irrelevant political opinions.

Why not ask Preston Manning why he supports carbon pricing?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
            The internet is full of scientific explanations of climate change from "leftist environmental" organizations like NASA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), and The American Meterological Association.

If you are too lazy to read about it on your own why should anyone bother listening to you spout conspiracy theories and irrelevant political opinions.

Why not ask Preston Manning why he supports carbon pricing?
            Preston manning , really ?
            Didnt know he was an authority on anything ?

Comment

The chucky/Gore/Suzuki/grassy crew had their moment in the sun pushing a terrible idea.
              People in Ontario and other areas soon got sick of the Green scam which = high energy and utility bills.
              This group is having a hard time dealing with the fact the public is rejecting the plan they want to impose on everyone......maybe it’s time for them to voluntarily end their addiction to fossil fuels and be an example of what they are trying to achieve instead of jetsetting to tropical destinations for “climate conventions”. 🙈

Will any from this group end their strong addiction to fossil fuels???

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                The chucky/Gore/Suzuki/grassy crew had their moment in the sun pushing a terrible idea.
                People in Ontario and other areas soon got sick of the Green scam which = high energy and utility bills.
                This group is having a hard time dealing with the fact the public is rejecting the plan they want to impose on everyone......maybe it’s time for them to voluntarily end their addiction to fossil fuels and be an example of what they are trying to achieve instead of jetsetting to tropical destinations for “climate conventions”. 🙈

Will any from this group end their strong addiction to fossil fuels???
                Solar and wind are now cheaper than new coal plants in many areas of the world including Saskatchewan. Saskpower is currently signing deals for wind power and solar options to reduce carbon emissions. Sask Power just signed an agreement with Manitoba Hydro for 190 MW of renewable hydro. Saskpower is on track to have 50% renewable electricity by 2030. So maybe you should ask Scott Moe and Saskpower why they are investing in renewables if they are such a scam?

The real scam/problem is that we have a very small vocal group of climate change deniers who don't believe in science, facts or evidence based decision making. They prefer to live in the past and ignore the future.

Comment

Originally posted by RWT101 View Post

[ATTACH]3591[/ATTACH]

Your chart leaves out the greatest all powerful factor...HOW MUCH CARBON TAX we pay...right chucky et al?

Comment

Chucky you like to point out politicians that you say they accept the climate change story but what all politicians of all party's do is poll the population and the try to take a position that will appeal to the most voters.

Since most voters in Canada live in urban centers and work in doors most of the time and only hear about weather in the news headlines that the media sensationalizes.

We as a group so small that no politicians really care what we think but which of the two groups would understand weather and climate better?

Comment

When opinion polls show the politicians they can get elected by admitting Climate Change is all bullshit, then they will speak out against it! Just have to wait...

Comment

Solar and wind are now cheaper than new coal plants in many areas of the world including Saskatchewan. Saskpower is currently signing deals for wind power and solar options to reduce carbon emissions. Sask Power just signed an agreement with Manitoba Hydro for 190 MW of renewable hydro. Saskpower is on track to have 50% renewable electricity by 2030. So maybe you should ask Scott Moe and Saskpower why they are investing in renewables if they are such a scam?

The real scam/problem is that we have a very small vocal group of climate change deniers who don't believe in science, facts or evidence based decision making. They prefer to live in the past and ignore the future.
                        Chuck2, the only way a carbon tax will have an affect on global emissions is if all the large emitters that being the U.S., India, China et al enact a carbon tax. Then these same countries must apply a tariff on incoming goods from countries with no carbon tax. The way it is now with Canada going it alone and with no penalty on imported goods from non carbon taxed countries it will only penalize Canadians and do nothing for the global climate. Here is an example, in B.C., if natural gas is used to generate electricity in the province the carbon tax shows up on your electricity bill but if you export that same natural gas to Washington State and it is turned into electricity and exported back into B.C. there is no carbon tax on the electricity yet the same amount of C02 is created. So call me a climate change denier all you want but in the end Canada going it alone on a carbon tax makes no sense. Also keep in mind the only large emitting country to lower its emissions in the last 5 years is the USA through increased use of natural gas and less use of coal! Enjoy your day.

Comment

70 countries have some form of carbon pricing. The United States is the only Country not supporting the Paris agreement. One of the things Canada can do is provide leadership and an example of how a carbon tax can work. This will also help Canada diversify its economy as the world moves away from fossil fuels.

Saudi Arabia is also moving to diversify away from oil. When electric motors or hydrogen fuel cells become the energy of choice for transportation what do you think will happen to the price of oil? Batteries and electric cars are already here in large numbers. Toyota has said it will be emission free by 2050 using hydrogen fuel cells.

Saskatchewan had a chance to design its own climate change program tailored to Saskatchewan. Instead it has released a climate plan that reduces emissions by only 1.1% by 2030! I wouldn't describe 1.1% less as an effective plan. It looks like they let their oil industry friends write the plan for them. Not surprising from a party that accepts unlimited out of province political donations from special interest groups like the oil industry.
                          Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 31, 2018, 08:05.

Comment

70 countries have some form of carbon pricing. The United States is the only Country not supporting the Paris agreement. One of the things Canada can do is provide leadership and an example of how a carbon tax can work. This will also help Canada diversify its economy as the world moves away from fossil fuels.

Saudi Arabia is also moving to diversify away from oil. When electric motors or hydrogen fuel cells become the energy of choice for transportation what do you think will happen to the price of oil? Batteries and electric cars are already here in large numbers. Toyota has said it will be emission free by 2050 using hydrogen fuel cells.

Saskatchewan had a chance to design its own climate change program tailored to Saskatchewan. Instead it has released a climate plan that reduces emissions by only 1.1% by 2030! I wouldn't describe 1.1% less as an effective plan. It looks like they let their oil industry friends write the plan for them. Not surprising from a party that accepts unlimited out of province political donations from special interest groups like the oil industry.
                            I realise the science deniers have a poor grasp on science and reality(economics goes without saying), but please explain how hydrogen fuel cells will reduce emissions? They are not an energy source, just an inefficient means of making energy portable. Japan produces 4% of their electricity by wind and solar, the vast majority comes from fossil fuels, and fossil fuel's share is increasing every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                              Then these same countries must apply a tariff on incoming goods from countries with no carbon tax.
                              I'm amazed this hasn't come to fruition. It would be the ultimate government job creator. Every single widget would require a tariff commensurate with its carbon footprint. It would be up to a beurocracy to figure it all out. Good god the number of necessary paper pushers would be astronomical!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                                I realise the science deniers have a poor grasp on science and reality(economics goes without saying), but please explain how hydrogen fuel cells will reduce emissions? They are not an energy source, just an inefficient means of making energy portable. Japan produces 4% of their electricity by wind and solar, the vast majority comes from fossil fuels, and fossil fuel's share is increasing every year.
                                Their is a vast and almost unlimited amount of solar energy hitting earth everyday that can be used to make hydrogen. Most of the worlds population lives where solar energy resources are very large.

Whether hydrogen is the best option for Toyota or another form of portable energy we will see.

There are vast amounts of geo-thermal energy in the earths core and outer layers. There are also vast amounts of wind, wave and tidal energy.

Fossil energy has been relatively cheap and relatively easy to use. So we have hardly needed to use other obvious sources at our disposal. But fossil energy comes with lots of external costs including air pollution and climate change.

Nobody is suggesting we are not going to be using some fossil energy for several more decades.

It may take many decades to transition to large amounts of cleaner forms of low carbon energy. But that transition has begun.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...