• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    a real genuine thank you to sask energy for keeping gas coming to our dryer and not playing the federated coop game and creating a shortage and jacking prices
    the whole system must be working to capacity with all the cold nights (-17 here one night , no shit) and all the grain drying going on
    That’s a huge advantage of a gas dryer if possible 👍👍

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
      Buddy of mine used one of those rigs to dry canola in an 8000 bu flat floor bin tow years ago. Worked fairly well. Air temp from the discharge was around 160F and once it was mixed by the 10hp bin fan the plenum temp was 30-34C going into bin. This resulted in over drying off course so when they hauled it in some loads were above 10% moisture and then some was as low as 7% so they paper blended it at elevator. All canola went in to elevator and none was lost.
      I guess that's why I'm a small potatoes kind of farmer but it would scare me to fill an 8000bu bin with tough canola, If it didn't work out well that would be a pricey wreck. Glad it did.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        a real genuine thank you to sask energy for keeping gas coming to our dryer and not playing the federated coop game and creating a shortage and jacking prices
        the whole system must be working to capacity with all the cold nights (-17 here one night , no shit) and all the grain drying going on
        Propane had another 3 cent price increase from Federated Coop this weekend.

It would be nice to see the country/provinces push to expand natural gas infrastructure instead of gouging for new hookups.

Comment

Hey you guys, this week is going to be awesome! Looking at Regina weather, its shirt sleeve weather. Just spending night in Minot on way home from Indiana. What a trip, only two snow storms to slow us down and very poor cel and gps coverage anywhere around that part of US. You would not believe the millions of acres of corn and soybeans still out. Its wet-really wet in fields. While we were filling with gas, a farmer came over, said he was looking for Gleaners cause they were lighter than his Case in the soggy fields. Walls of unharvested corn and soybeans all the way and only saw one combined wheat field near Bismarck. We were comparing farming there and here and I told him, we are land-locked and suffer from railway and grain buyer squeeze. He said they had some of that too until 4 ethanol plants and three feedlots opened near them. Lucky ducks. When you see how much crop is still out in US, makes us feel pretty fortunate. The tables have turned, we used to get custom combiners coming up from US in late Sept. cause their harvest was done before ours, but now the opposite is true - maybe we can go there and fill our pockets with those heavy yankee bucks.

If I can figure out how to post pictures on here, I’ll get some in the next couple of days.

Comment

Dumguy

I wonder if customs would tear apart your gleaner when you cross the border...looking for a few stray “weed” seeds

But those yankee bucks do sound nice

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...