• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much better her 30 miles east of Stettler. the last 4 years have been the shits with early snow. Luckily have all cereals done just standing canola and flax left. area maybe 50 percent done. The problem snowfall is coming earlier every year. No rain in july and august and snow in September. Standing cereals will be flat.

Comment

Well no snow regina but half way between Balgonie and Edgeley not sure if it went that far north. We have snow at the farm.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        I'm really good at this game. I'm almost certain that is snow peas. But on closer inspection, it could be winter wheat? Maybe snowdrop fababeans? Frosted Flakes? Ice wine? Whatever it is, I'm sure it will stand right back up again and finish gorwing in time to make a record harvest.

Ohhhhh all good guesses 😉. It’s Snowola (winter canola) and it doesn’t matter what variety you plant out here for the last three years it all ends up like this. I’m sure it will stand up right after yours shows it how to do that trick. Still coming down here. ☃️

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post
          Too much global warming I’m afraid. Need more taxes.
          Remember the concept of global warming has really nothing to do with temperature.

It's all about irregular weather patterns and unfortunately that's exactly what we are seeing.

Even with that, a carbon tax won't help curb this

Comment

Drew’s 10 day sucks and could be more snow.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              Drew’s 10 day sucks and could be more snow.
              He also said snow pattern would follow highway 16..north would not see much..
              Think he is getting info from Full of Shit Dot com..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                He also said snow pattern would follow highway 16..north would not see much..
                Think he is getting info from Full of Shit Dot com..
                the john deere weatherman ? no , say it isn't so !
                we got a few scattered flurries , never stayed at all , lucky so far
                one guy here combined all day through it all

Comment

Oh, how I wished we missed the snow. Problem is ground will now be getting colder. If the sun doesn't melt quickly and another storm hits we could be like the Battleford area. Snow must Go.

Dryer will be going hot and heavy today finishing the grain we did on Friday before the main event started.

Didn't dry sat and Sunday as the snow was heavy.

Comment

I hope the sun doesn't melt quickly or we might have a whole other set of problems.

Comment

So last week Manitoba basically did no harvest.

Sask somehow with same conditions jumped to 60% from 55, Fun with math I guess.

Alberta basically is stalled at 32%.

Yet stocks are building every day was a report I read today and some wonder why I think the whole Canadian system is F#$K3d

Comment

Yep sums it up just nice

Comment

Yet stocks are building every day was a report I read today and some wonder why I think the whole Canadian system is F#$K3d
                          It's up 5 percent cuz you were combining..
                          Large farm probably did 2000 acres of canola with their 10 combines and it's all going to Yorkton after it's dried..
                          That is all the company's need to see a positive spin..

Comment

A few quarters of canola came off at 16-20% here and there.

Whoever issued that report should be randomly drug tested.

Comment

My last section of hrs

Ugly

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                                It's up 5 percent cuz you were combining..
                                Large farm probably did 2000 acres of canola with their 10 combines and it's all going to Yorkton after it's dried..
                                That is all the company's need to see a positive spin..
                                And the markets are falling again today. Talked with Ilta Grain in North Battleford this morning, some haven’t turned a wheel. It will take till the end of Oct before it gets noticed it’s situation critical.
                                Let’s hope things turn around before then!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...