• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issues of 2018...what to do...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

odyssey should never be put in a sprayer
    can't believe that chem hasn't been banned

Comment

How did the Admix of barley and wheat in seed issue turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by walterm View Post
        How did the Admix of barley and wheat in seed issue turn out?
        Well since the durum didn't get done before the rain ,,,,the downgrading from the weather allowed more extras and really turned out as a 3cwad...But with all the extras it would have been a three before the rain as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          Well since the durum didn't get done before the rain ,,,,the downgrading from the weather allowed more extras and really turned out as a 3cwad...But with all the extras it would have been a three before the rain as well.
          Just wondering how your seed got contaminated in first place? Seems funny it would have 2 admixes. I could see 1 if he had been cleaning one or other just before and didn't properly clean out equipment.

Comment

Just wondering how your seed got contaminated in first place? Seems funny it would have 2 admixes. I could see 1 if he had been cleaning one or other just before and didn't properly clean out equipment.
            Bingo....

Have never had wheat on the field in question so it wasn't a residual issue....havent grown barley for years....worse yet it was 1cwad going into the cleaner and 3cwad coming off the field due to contamination...

bin to cleaner to truck to drill in field....and they managed to **** it up and act stupid...

Comment

Bingo....

Have never had wheat on the field in question so it wasn't a residual issue....havent grown barley for years....worse yet it was 1cwad going into the cleaner and 3cwad coming off the field due to contamination...

bin to cleaner to truck to drill in field....and they managed to **** it up and act stupid...
              Does this professional cleaner have new seed to sell you? Would have to be certified not Brown Bag stuff.

Comment

Does this professional cleaner have new seed to sell you? Would have to be certified not Brown Bag stuff.
                MY better idea is not to use them again.....

Comment

Makes my head hurt this morning. It is hard enough solving problems when the evidence is in front of you but 6 months later is even tougher.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Makes my head hurt this morning. It is hard enough solving problems when the evidence is in front of you but 6 months later is even tougher.
                    we started this thread in July.....the forensics took until after harvest in october to get the data summarized and then the final report....

Comment

Bucket, water is certainly an issue with round up. If you have nice soft water with low mineralization 10 gpa is fine. If you have hard water with 300-400 ppm of calcium carbonate or higher then you have an issue. Going 5 gpm certainly helps in this case or adding ammonium sulphate to your sprayer before the round up works good as well, it keeps the calcium from tying up the glyphosate. Usually the only time I consider adding AMS in the spring for pre-seed burn.

Comment

MY better idea is not to use them again.....
                        Witnessed a similar but different issue at an elevator once when a farmer was down graded for admix when delivering. When he came in to question the barley in his wheat sample the elevator pulled his sample from back room and it was 100% barley. There was a mix up with samples and contamination of his grain or else he was paid for someone else's grain and someone got #1 for theirs. Maybe you didn't get back your own seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                          Bucket, water is certainly an issue with round up. If you have nice soft water with low mineralization 10 gpa is fine. If you have hard water with 300-400 ppm of calcium carbonate or higher then you have an issue. Going 5 gpm certainly helps in this case or adding ammonium sulphate to your sprayer before the round up works good as well, it keeps the calcium from tying up the glyphosate. Usually the only time I consider adding AMS in the spring for pre-seed burn.
                          Water has been checked....Municipal well 600 feet deep...everyone uses it around here...I am using higher rates of RUP than most according to the retailer....15 inch nozzle spacing so coverage is good even with a slightly ****ed up nozzle...but I have the remote so I am checking nozzles often and stop if I have to...

I have tried the AMS with not much better results....I have slowed down to 2 gear for the most part..so thats 15 mph....Good pressure,,, tanks are working out right for the acres sprayed...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...