• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crops all look good..but need a rain soon.
    Total rain is at 4.8 inches.
    Approx the same as last yr at this time.
    Agro person came out yesterday and found zero disease.said save your money.

Comment

Ah the parasite is back.

Thanks grass again you post nothing useful at all.

Hey grass tell us about your area I did when we had years of shit every Thursday. It’s farming weather makes a crop rest is fluff like most of what you post.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        Crops all look good..but need a rain soon.
        Total rain is at 4.8 inches.
        Approx the same as last yr at this time.
        Agro person came out yesterday and found zero disease.said save your money.
        How about wheat and peas ? They worry me even when its dry

Comment

Crops in this immediate area are great. But I had a surprise yesterday. Went to get parts, and saw an area within 15 miles that apparently missed a couple of key rains, and it is not pretty, relatively. Much nicer weather the last couple days. Lower humidity, more comfortable, should be able to bale.

So nice when it is dryer. Last field of oats getting zapped today.

Comment

Crops here look ok for now but will need rain soon to keep going. 3" rain at the start of June just packed our clay land and most of the water ran off.
            I was out walking in the wheat and barley fields early this morning and there was no dew and wind blowing strong and ground as hard as pavement so its not looking like a fungicide year at this point.
            The canola is starting to bloom but is a very small plant with small leaves.

I have been checking fields with a soil probe and there is good moisture down 6-8" but it doesn't appear that the crop is finding it.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
              How about wheat and peas ? They worry me even when its dry
              Checked wht.
              Split open leaves even.
              No issue.
              We did the half rate of fungi at chem application.

Comment

<1” since snow melt. We keep missing the pop ups. Durum just starting to head. Volunteer canola in it as we missed part of this field as there were 3 different guys in the sprayer and fighting wind and heat. Debating spraying it. Thinking I’ll skip and let the cards fall where they may. No bumper in our part of SW Sask this year.

Comment

Peas getting done today but probably not worth it BASF killed them with Viper.

Hrs will be sprayed next

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    Yes I know a 10.

Grass gives me a headache.
                    Quit smoking it then!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Quit smoking it then!
                      especially when you see the damage it has done to elected officials

Comment

In central Alberta most areas are dry with areas that have won the rain lottery and recieved good moisture in the last 10 days. At my house 3 inches since May 1, go 4 miles west and cut that in half. Considering the lack of rain crops look good. Wheat is starting to head any where from 12-18 inches tall. Spraying fungicide on my peas today anywhere from 14-24 inches high looks decent but not a bumper crop. Canola is anywhere from cabbage to bolting to starting to flower. Germination for the most part is good. In my case just a pre-seed burn and only certain fields required 2 apps of Liberty. Barley for the most part looks good entering flag leaf. Very little signs of leaf disease in any of the crops. Hoping for rain and yes Sask3 I always enjoy your crop report!

Comment

Were to Saskatoon on #5, just a couple poor emerged fields, rest is very good, some excellent. Most west of Humboldt is later than east of. Our area blooming/ heading is common, seems to be growing like mad. Sask Crop report puts NE at 80% good or excellent, sorry guys but our turn, garden of Eden Farma says, unless it freezes or floods. Keeping fingers crossed. ZERO disease in cereals, YAY! More profit less work.

Comment

We also have been carefully looking at the cereal crop in our area for the disease. If the current weather pattern continues and its rain once a week we won't spray for disease as there isn't anything yet. Canola similar situation. Peas I tried a cocktail to wake them up or bring them back to reality. Probably should have just sprayed with roundup and killed them. Oh well, you only get one shot in Canada and its next year country. Thanks, BASF for your shitty product and shitty service and shitty experience. Back to basics next year low rate pursuit and Centurian and spray with roundup before emergence. Pursuit I bought so much shit from the USA way-way back I can spray for years.

Liberty will be dropped thanks to new owners and shitty service.

Comment

The soybeans
                              Seeded with the Horsch
                              170,000 seeds per ac

Far better at this point than last year .... so far 🤞

Comment

Forgot to add picture ... duh

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...