• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

land auction today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your post is right on, it is still not remotely close to the best land in the area, the renter who bought knows this but he knows how to farm it.

Comment

What land sells for is meaningless to me, my debt is managed my land will never be sold in my lifetime, i have driven into my family land stays. My sons have promised me the hutts will never get it, and i have shown them the never ending income from keeping it, but time will tell but i or my wife wont see it leave.

Comment

Not trying to be an ass but northfarmer you know so much about this why do you think this is the best land here. I know whats here, my mom was born in a shack a few miles away.

Comment

Online land auctions are starting to be the thing here, one just happened, advertised as arguably the best in the county its not, reserve bid was top real estate assesment, i dont think any one even turned on a laptop to watch bids. Even greed in the land market has limits.

Comment

Had some good times doing reclamation work in various areas of the Peace country. I remember the dirt around Sexsmith seemed to be some nice stuff, over towards Goodfare don’t think I’ve ever seen so many rocks.

Comment

Sexsmith if your talking emerson trail , laglace, valhalla center that was rich land 100 years ago, a one beer drive to webster , teepee creek takes you to starvation plains. Emerson trail a million wont buy a quarter now. Location, location.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                What land sells for is meaningless to me, my debt is managed my land will never be sold in my lifetime, i have driven into my family land stays. My sons have promised me the hutts will never get it, and i have shown them the never ending income from keeping it, but time will tell but i or my wife wont see it leave.
                I think most farmers now see land as an investment to be bought and sold and that's part of the reason land has gone up in value. Makes paying prices beyond productive value rational assuming land inflation continues. Also lots now have no intention of paying it off, just keep making payments until you sell it.

I too would never think of selling my land, for me it just become a part of you. Equipment, livestock, inventory can all go but not my land. The work you put in to improvements, the little details you know about this area or that piece that no one else does, the "special" spots of family memories of working and playing together, general pride in ownership. Maybe would feel a bit different if my land was wall to wall cultivated ground but have spent huge amounts of time enjoying our pasture land. The attachment to land likely seems odd to most urban people.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                  Sexsmith if your talking emerson trail , laglace, valhalla center that was rich land 100 years ago, a one beer drive to webster , teepee creek takes you to starvation plains. Emerson trail a million wont buy a quarter now. Location, location.
                  Ya, did some work just a few miles west of Sexsmith, nice land nice drive down the Emerson long hills , good views. Theres definitely a variety throughout the Peace country would like to have a quarter overlooking the valley at Dunvegan

Comment

My exact thinking, only we are a dying breed.

Comment

I think there is land for sale now, cottage lots for sure at dunvegan .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...