• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take some responsibility please

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching what loads are on the highways. Truck after truck hauling pipe from one storage yard to the next in all kinds of weather just to sit and wait until it is needed in the field. CO-OP and other fuel trucks hauling from refinery to tank farms waiting for it to be needed in the field. Lumber from mills to yards waiting for it to be sold. Nothing that couldn't be on RR that may or may not take a day or two longer. Instead of running the road in heavy traffic and in storms and all sorts of weather and road conditions. Rarely hear of an accident anymore that doesn't involve a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
      It's been just under a week since this happened, so maybe lay off the politics and comments about race until the victims are at least laid to rest for God sakes! Some of your comments on here a truly disgusting. You're actually upset cause the owner of the company said this affected his life? Wow! Should have have said he doesn't give a ****? Would that make him better?
      Here's an article, POSTED BY A WHITE, BORN AMD BRED CANADIAN TRUCKER, I think many of you could learn from him. (Not saying his opinion matters more cause he's white, just saying that based on some of your words, some of you appear to think that way)

We as professional drivers know and understand that what we do has a enormous responsibility, more so than any other vehicles on the highways. Every morning either it be driving up to our trucks or getting out of the bunks we need to Pretrip our trucks, our trailers, and our freight, this includes checking tire pressures, brakes, fluids, proper load securement, are among a few of the numerous things.
      Hopefully we got to say goodbye to our significant others and kids in person that morning or week or month. We don't know when exactly we will be home next, or if we will even make it home.
      We know that with out us on the roads the economic juggernaut of North America will come to a screetching hault. With out us your grocery shelves are empty, your fuel tanks are empty, let alone having a car to put the fuel in, there would be no Christmas trees, no x boxes for Sally or Tommy, no medical supplies to treat the sick and injured, no natural gas to heat our homes, or oil to make anything.
      We are a mixed bunch of men and women comming from every faith, nationallity, and race but we are out there for one reason, the same as you.... To provide for our families.
      We go out on the roads when it is raining, snowing, no matter what it is, the load has to be there, hopefully you work for a company like I do who values the saftey of the driver above the load. We've had to pull out over 80 feet of truck and trailer onto roads where you can not see what is comming at you because of growth, road builds, and yes the worst can be just the setting sun.
      We have federal laws that say we can only drive so many hours a day and so many hours a week, we have mandated breaks, sleep breaks and after every 70 hours of work we need to rest for 36 hours before we go again.
      The tragedy that happend to the men and woman on the charter bus of the Humboldt Broncos was not what that driver had in his journey management for the day. Don't hang the driver because he was too young and careless, too old or complacent or (as I heard tonight) because he was a east Indian. If he was an East Indian, or black or white, he is my brother of the wheel, and I know he has to live with that fateful 10 seconds for the rest of his life and we were not there, we were not behind that wheel, we can not judge that is not our job, that will be the job of the police and transportation board. Our job as Saskatchewanians and Canadians is to help pick up the pieces, to hold the families close and to let them know that they will never be alone, we are with them always and those young men and women will always be with us.
      #humboldtstrong #judgenot #saskatchewanstrong
      Dylan - Thanks for your thoughts.

Do you have any for this young lady who sought to outright politicize this tragedy? (sorry, I can't do screen shots so just copied and pasted her tweet)

Nora Loreto
      ‏ @NoLore
      Apr 8

Nora Loreto Retweeted HuffPost Canada

This is a lot of money.

Nora Loreto added,
      HuffPost Canada
      Verified account @HuffPostCanada
      GoFundMe for victims of Humboldt Broncos bus crash surpasses $4 million http://huffp.st/WnCdaH0
      184 replies 35 retweets 140 likes

Nora Loreto
      ‏ @NoLore

I'm trying to not get cynical about what is a totally devastating tragedy but the maleness, the youthfulness and the whiteness of the victims are, of course, playing a significant role.
      6:49 PM - 8 Apr 2018

194 Retweets
      602 Likes
      William R. Cawston
      niko
      Jaylene Wells
      Simon
      Melanie Bartel
      🐐🐐 Giantpony 🐐🐐
      Robert Leamon
      Rezo
      littlemanpondering

Comment

2 years ago we had a bad accident a mile from our farm. Local contractor shaving corners hired India crew from southern Alberta. My sons came on the seen and nobody around. Passenger side of the Pete and passenger seat was striped off of truck and rolled into a ball in the ditch. Was hit from behind by his buddy in another gravel enddump outfit. That truck was gone. 100 yard visibility fog conditions at 7 in the morning in August. India crew showed up and were going to try and get the truck out of there. Boys had called cops and they showed up right away. No plates on truck nor on the driver. Local sargeant called my boys after and told them to stay a long way away from this crew. Bad news everywhere they go. Told another of their tricks is a lot have the same name, one guy gets the license and 10 guys get a copy of it. Another is a driver trainer who had a group of 10 show up, one guy is the talker and was telling the trainer how things would work and how things would be done. He told them to turn around and get the **** out. They just go find the next guy who will work With them. And yes Dylan, it is time to talk about it, they are counting on the likes of you to help take the light off this problem.

Comment

""""""""I'm trying to not get cynical about what is a totally devastating tragedy but the maleness, the youthfulness and the whiteness of the victims are, of course, playing a significant role.
          6:49 PM - 8 Apr 2018""""""""

What a bitch.....

Comment

This incident seems to be revealing a huge problem in the trucking industry of poor certification and fraud occcurring.
            We rely on our governments to make sure these things are done in the name of safety first obviously it is not he case.
            Not only does that trucker bare the responsibility so does the government agencies that have been turning a blind eye just to supply needed truckers.
            It's a disgrace and many have known this for a long time it's been a ton of insidents of death but usually nothing close to this magnitude. I wonder how many lives have been needlessly sacrificed for the almighty dollar?????

is that why all the hush hush about what happenned? I guess we ll see.

Comment

Not sure how to ad links on here from Face Book..
              If you go to Travis Borsa..He shot a video from his semi this morn. coming down 335 like the trucker ...

Comment

Thanks Partners.
                We watched that video, there seven separate signs indicating junction ahead, slow down to 60, directions to Nipawin and Tisdale and there was a large red sign with STOP and flashing lights above it.

The video also shows how far west of the highway the wreck ended up which would of required a massive force to end up there.

The highway traffic report and black box will indicate whether the trucker even used his brakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan View Post
                  It's been just under a week since this happened, so maybe lay off the politics and comments about race until the victims are at least laid to rest for God sakes! Some of your comments on here a truly disgusting. You're actually upset cause the owner of the company said this affected his life? Wow! Should have have said he doesn't give a ****? Would that make him better?
                  Here's an article, POSTED BY A WHITE, BORN AMD BRED CANADIAN TRUCKER, I think many of you could learn from him. (Not saying his opinion matters more cause he's white, just saying that based on some of your words, some of you appear to think that way)

We as professional drivers know and understand that what we do has a enormous responsibility, more so than any other vehicles on the highways. Every morning either it be driving up to our trucks or getting out of the bunks we need to Pretrip our trucks, our trailers, and our freight, this includes checking tire pressures, brakes, fluids, proper load securement, are among a few of the numerous things.
                  Hopefully we got to say goodbye to our significant others and kids in person that morning or week or month. We don't know when exactly we will be home next, or if we will even make it home.
                  We know that with out us on the roads the economic juggernaut of North America will come to a screetching hault. With out us your grocery shelves are empty, your fuel tanks are empty, let alone having a car to put the fuel in, there would be no Christmas trees, no x boxes for Sally or Tommy, no medical supplies to treat the sick and injured, no natural gas to heat our homes, or oil to make anything.
                  We are a mixed bunch of men and women comming from every faith, nationallity, and race but we are out there for one reason, the same as you.... To provide for our families.
                  We go out on the roads when it is raining, snowing, no matter what it is, the load has to be there, hopefully you work for a company like I do who values the saftey of the driver above the load. We've had to pull out over 80 feet of truck and trailer onto roads where you can not see what is comming at you because of growth, road builds, and yes the worst can be just the setting sun.
                  We have federal laws that say we can only drive so many hours a day and so many hours a week, we have mandated breaks, sleep breaks and after every 70 hours of work we need to rest for 36 hours before we go again.
                  The tragedy that happend to the men and woman on the charter bus of the Humboldt Broncos was not what that driver had in his journey management for the day. Don't hang the driver because he was too young and careless, too old or complacent or (as I heard tonight) because he was a east Indian. If he was an East Indian, or black or white, he is my brother of the wheel, and I know he has to live with that fateful 10 seconds for the rest of his life and we were not there, we were not behind that wheel, we can not judge that is not our job, that will be the job of the police and transportation board. Our job as Saskatchewanians and Canadians is to help pick up the pieces, to hold the families close and to let them know that they will never be alone, we are with them always and those young men and women will always be with us.
                  #humboldtstrong #judgenot #saskatchewanstrong
                  Agree, thanks

Comment

Dylan, That’s precisely the issue here, I guarantee you that there is a segment of new professional drivers that don’t play by the same rules as you and I. They have no respect for the brotherhood of professional drivers. They bend and break those same laws and regulations everyday with a blatant disregard for the lives of others. In this case, many people have drove that same road at 5pm and said the sun is not factor at all at this time of year. I don’t think it is ever too soon for the driver of the semi and his owner to step up and take responsibility for the lives they have cost here, and yes I have no sympathy for the fact that he can’t run his business anymore. Instead the driver has possibly fled the country and the I believe the RCMP is reluctant to bring light to the fact that many illegal and unskilled drivers are running rampant in the industry.

How many more young lives would you need to see lost before you think something needs to change? It sounds to me like you are one of folks that feels there are no winners and losers and where there is no consequence for ones actions...Just like in school now where nobody can fail a grade anymore. I am more old school where when I screw up, I take responsibility for the decisions I have made....that was not done here and it sickens me.

Comment

Me to A4A - I find the performance of our bureaucracies disgusting. The ministers in charge ultimately share the blame. Highways for trees, Transport for licensing, someone for RCMP, Justice for not laying charges. Canadians deserve more. Answers should be continuously flowing. Can you imagine if your child was killed or maimed. I would be right ticked.

Comment

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160183374680103&id=56961510 2&ref=bookmarks

Comment

I wonder what the correlation between increased truck traffic and deaths is since the abandoning and less use of rail service. Would be interesting.
                          Let's face it our saskatxhewan roads are a disaster and we have highest death rate by far.

Comment

Well Dylan, I think you're full of it.
                            On railroad industry, can move freight, people on one seventh of the fuel, safer, and with what? maybe one thousandth of the employees.
                            So there is the problem. The trucking industry employs so many people and without it how do these people selling installing repairing etc make a living, all paid for by the consumer.
                            Not to mention air travel across Canada, especially the prairies, quicker and cheaper by rail as in Europe.
                            And no excuse for unqualified big rig drivers who bypass proper training.

Comment

Originally posted by samhill View Post

And no excuse for unqualified big rig drivers who bypass proper training.
                              Like these?

"Calgary driving school charged with fraud"

https://www.trucknews.com/features/calgary-driving-school-charged-with-fraud/ https://www.trucknews.com/features/calgary-driving-school-charged-with-fraud/

Looks like the ones in Toronto are not unique.

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                                Dylan, That’s precisely the issue here, I guarantee you that there is a segment of new professional drivers that don’t play by the same rules as you and I. They have no respect for the brotherhood of professional drivers. They bend and break those same laws and regulations everyday with a blatant disregard for the lives of others. In this case, many people have drove that same road at 5pm and said the sun is not factor at all at this time of year. I don’t think it is ever too soon for the driver of the semi and his owner to step up and take responsibility for the lives they have cost here, and yes I have no sympathy for the fact that he can’t run his business anymore. Instead the driver has possibly fled the country and the I believe the RCMP is reluctant to bring light to the fact that many illegal and unskilled drivers are running rampant in the industry.

How many more young lives would you need to see lost before you think something needs to change? It sounds to me like you are one of folks that feels there are no winners and losers and where there is no consequence for ones actions...Just like in school now where nobody can fail a grade anymore. I am more old school where when I screw up, I take responsibility for the decisions I have made....that was not done here and it sickens me.
                                Because I said we should let these people bury the dead before we start talking politics and how rules should be changed? I asked for respect for the families and now you're saying I don't want consequences? Do you even know how to read? You seem like one of those people who make up your mind and then outright refuse to listen to anything else. Such a sad life

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...