• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prayers to all involved hockey bus crash

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How could someone keep living there after this?
    Last edited by seldomseen; Apr 9, 2018, 16:18.

Comment

Originally posted by burnt View Post
      Right or wrong, it did appear in the comments section following a Phoenix Star news item.
      Did it say the driver was from Calgary and the destination for the peat moss bales was Alberta?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
        Did it say the driver was from Calgary and the destination for the peat moss bales was Alberta?
        No mention of where the driver or truck was from and I think it did mention where it may have been going but don't remember that either.

Wouldn't even know for sure which story it was since there has been so much coverage.

Condolences from the Queen - https://www.royal.uk/message-queen-and-duke-edinburgh-following-recent-bus-crash-canada-0 https://www.royal.uk/message-queen-and-duke-edinburgh-following-recent-bus-crash-canada-0

Comment

Hauling grain, Radio topic all day, never heard ONE comment about the truck, trucker or CAUSE of the accident. This smells of cover up! Come on media!

Comment

I don't think there is going to be any quick answers....this investigation will take months.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
              Hauling grain, Radio topic all day, never heard ONE comment about the truck, trucker or CAUSE of the accident. This smells of cover up! Come on media!
              As we found out here last winter during the great gravel haul out of this area to stock pile it near the bypass projects, not all 1A Professional Drivers lived up to their designation.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
                I don't think there is going to be any quick answers....this investigation will take months.
                Wheels of justice turn slowly.

Comment

Wonder why the cover-up. It just fuels conspiracy theories. For sure the peat plant knows who they loaded.

Comment

RCMP released the truck driver without any charges. Makes me think he is a visible minority and I wonder which part of the outside world he moved to.
                    Last edited by biglentil; Apr 10, 2018, 15:28.

Comment

Guys think about it the truck was halfway into the intersection and the bus ran into the truck. Look no damage to the front of the truck it didn't T Bone the Bus. Sad but maybe the bus driver didn't see the truck. Just saying look at the pictures and hitting a rear highboy at full speed would cut the whole top off the bus.

I did get the Minority driver thing from a buddy also. For once I'm not blaming Trudeau.

Comment

But if you look at the front of the bus it's not pushed in it's ripped off. Perhaps simultaneous collision the tractor made it past but the corner of the trailer when the tractor swerved away caught the front of the bus. The front of those buses there really isn't much there it looks big but it's a lot of aluminum and glass.

The top of the bus may have been cut away to get at the injured also.
                        Hard to say.

I can't see how the bus tboned the truck because of where the peat bags ended up. And the whole end would have come north not west. Either way the truck shouldn't have been in that path.

But it will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                          Guys think about it the truck was halfway into the intersection and the bus ran into the truck. Look no damage to the front of the truck it didn't T Bone the Bus. Sad but maybe the bus driver didn't see the truck. Just saying look at the pictures and hitting a rear highboy at full speed would cut the whole top off the bus.

I did get the Minority driver thing from a buddy also. For once I'm not blaming Trudeau.
                          .......Stop at the stop sign and procede when safe to do so. There's no way that truck should have been in that intersection, IMHO.

Edit; and I don't care if the Pope was driving that truck.....still shouldn't have been in the intersection.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Apr 10, 2018, 08:16.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                            .......Stop at the stop sign and procede when safe to do so. There's no way that truck should have been in that intersection, IMHO.

Edit; and I don't care if the Pope was driving that truck.....still shouldn't have been in the intersection.
                            Exactly Farma! Either the truck blew through the stop sign or stopped and pulled out when it was unsafe to do so. How could it be the bus's fault?
                            Last edited by biglentil; Apr 10, 2018, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                              Exactly Farma! Either the truck blew through the stop sign or stopped and pulled out when it was unsafe to do so. How could it be the bus's fault?
                              There is only one person to blame and that is the truck driver hauling peat bales, it sounds like he didn’t even slow down for the flashing lights and the stop sign.
                              This driver will end in jail so I hope they have a way of monitoring his location.

Comment

A bus travelling North at 60 mph ends up facing south further west of the intersection than it is north seems to tell a story. Looks like a lot of westward momentum.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...